NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Summer Months

+5
Original Quill
Syl
Raggamuffin
eddie
Major
9 posters

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

The Summer Months Empty Re: The Summer Months

Post by eddie Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:08 am

I'm a spontaneous planner so......

No idea. lol!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:25 am

Is it approaching? It's freezing today - as usual. Anyway, I hope to spend more time gardening and clearing out the garage - yet again. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:51 pm

I agree it doesn't seem like summer is approaching yet, it's been more  like January here today.

Come Summer we go to Wales a lot. We are more active, kayaking, playing tennis (on the beach, nothing too serious) and walking a lot more.

I still like to log in when I am home though.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:04 pm

We have a weird weather phenomenon going on...it's expected to be 33ºC (92ºF) today. Then down 20-degrees tomorrow.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:14 pm

I'm hoping to dance more this summer. The Summer Months 2022273579
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:18 pm

Original Quill wrote:We have a weird weather phenomenon going on...it's expected to be 33ºC (92ºF) today.  Then down 20-degrees tomorrow.

If our temp reached 20c I would be very happy indeed....it's felt more like 4 or 5 today.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:20 pm

Spring is in full bloom here in God's favorite place on Earth, Texas, with daily highs at 26C or higher, everything green and breezy, the smell of barbecue in the air and bright shiny sun.

Regarding summer activity here, we're often actually busier in the (Northern Hemisphere) summer, and not just because of our antipodeans; the British keep things humming around here as well.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:21 pm

We have had bright sun most of the day, bit of a storm at lunch time, windy, but I've been wearing a long sleeved T Shirt and not been cold.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:28 pm

Looking forward to taking my easel outside, painting outside is so relaxing, although you have to work quicker as the paint dries faster.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:29 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Spring is in full bloom here in God's favorite place on Earth, Texas, with daily highs at 26C or higher, everything green and breezy, the smell of barbecue in the air and bright shiny sun.

Regarding summer activity here, we're often actually busier in the (Northern Hemisphere) summer, and not just because of our antipodeans; the British keep things humming around here as well.

The Summer Months 2023022481
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:38 pm

I'm not looking forward to the weeds - or should I say wild flowers? Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:30 pm

Stormee wrote:
sassy wrote:Looking forward to taking my easel outside, painting outside is so relaxing, although you have to work quicker as the paint dries faster.

I m looking forward to getting our house servant to drag my baby grand piano into the back yard so I can play it to my naybuz. lol!

I do hope the lid doesn't slam on your fingers and make you yowl like a cat, I'm sure the neighbours wouldn't appreciate that.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:17 pm

Stormee wrote:
sassy wrote:
Stormee wrote:

I m looking forward to getting our house servant to drag my baby grand piano into the back yard so I can play it to my naybuz. lol!

I do hope the lid doesn't slam on your fingers and make you yowl like a cat, I'm sure the neighbours wouldn't appreciate that.

I hope your easel duz not fall and trap your finguz and make you yelp like a dog and you spill your paint.  lol!

So much for the summer of love Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:28 pm

Stormee seems to be implying that having an easel is something for the 'upper classes', hence his first reply to me.  Isn't that sad and a spectacular own goal, showing the kind of person he is.   As for trapping fingers in it, how exactly lol

The Summer Months Bralme_artists_portable_lightweight_metal_easel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:31 pm

sassy wrote:Looking forward to taking my easel outside, painting outside is so relaxing, although you have to work quicker as the paint dries faster.

Do you paint your scenery or images of the flora plants blooming in your own garden?

Summer here in the heartland: getting up and outside to water/weed/do chicken chores before the heat and humidity sets in. 

I'll be taking a 11am siesta to avoid those 110º + 90% humidity days...just can't handle those horrid hot months like I once did, so I'll be checking in on all of my social sites around that time of day. Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:32 pm

4EVER2 wrote:

Do you paint your scenery or images of the flora plants blooming in your own garden?

Summer here in the heartland: getting up and outside to water/weed/do chicken chores before the heat and humidity sets in. 

I'll be taking a 11am siesta to avoid those 110º + 90% humidity days...just can't handle those horrid hot months like I once did, so I'll be checking in on all of my social sites around that time of day. Neutral

Never gets that hot here thank goodness!   Some I paint from those in the garden, didn't have much to paint from in the last one, this has flowers coming up everywhere!

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:30 pm

Stormee wrote:I have quite a useful workshop, not as well equipped as a few years back but good.

I make rustic walking stix out of mainly hazel and some ash, antler handulz on some.
Cannot remember how many bird boxiz I have made.
I do some work in my workshop and sit on the patio in the sun doing other bitz.

Summer night clay shooting.

I keep thinking about getting a bird box. Always worried about attracting other things in though. I am only just getting over the squirrel in the loft. I swear I thought we were haunted. Banged on the ceiling to try and shoo it, fella next door did the same at the same time. My god we both near had a heart attack, I thought I was communicating with the beyond! lol!
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:32 am

I had a bird box and every single year I got birds and eggs and baby Erm.....birdlings.
Used to see the mother birds flying in and out to feed them.
The elderly husband of a couple I used to look after, (spoke of them in an earlier thread strangely), made it for me.

I had to leave it behind when I moved as well as a huge bush my dad planted.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:27 am

sassy wrote:Stormee seems to be implying that having an easel is something for the 'upper classes', hence his first reply to me.  Isn't that sad and a spectacular own goal, showing the kind of person he is.   As for trapping fingers in it, how exactly lol

The Summer Months Bralme_artists_portable_lightweight_metal_easel

hey I got one like that.. and hardy expensive, they are cheap as from junk shops and really not hard to knock together from a few pieces of wood
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:16 am

eddie wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:Spring is in full bloom here in God's favorite place on Earth, Texas, with daily highs at 26C or higher, everything green and breezy, the smell of barbecue in the air and bright shiny sun.

sunny

@ Ben :

God keeps his holiday home 15 minutes down South of here,  on the western shores of Lake Macquarie...

Cool

@ eddie :

You do know that jealousy's a curse, don't you ?

tongue
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:21 am

eddie wrote:I had a bird box and every single year I got birds and eggs and baby Erm.....birdlings.

BABY birds can be called  "hatchlings".

Smile
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:32 am

Stormee wrote:I have quite a useful workshop, not as well equipped as a few years back but good.

I make rustic walking stix out of mainly hazel and some ash, antler handulz on some.

Idea

I WAS considering starting a thread on comparing home workshops on here someday, maybe in the Recreation section.

Victor could likely be another contributor..
Maybe Korben if he ever comes back..

AND perhaps a couple of others could surprise us, too ?             What a Face
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:00 am

Original Quill wrote:We have a weird weather phenomenon going on...it's expected to be 33ºC (92ºF) today.  Then down 20-degrees tomorrow.

same here
yesterday got to 32C and today down around 22C
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:02 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:

Idea

I WAS considering starting a thread on comparing home workshops on here someday, maybe in the Recreation section.

this weekend i plan on clearing the space to put up a 6m by 3m workshed
So i should have an entry soon
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:20 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
eddie wrote:

sunny

@ Ben :

God keeps his holiday home 15 minutes down South of here,  on the western shores of Lake Macquarie...

Cool

@ eddie :

You do know that jealousy's a curse, don't you ?

tongue

Not jealous. I just like watching Ben smacking horses
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:17 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:

Idea

this weekend i plan on clearing the space to put up a 6m by 3m workshed  
So i should have an entry soon

Wow, that's a BIG shed.  We've just had a couple of weeks off work and taken down our old two sheds, made new concrete bases and had two new ones erected.  It's been hard work!  One of the shed's is 12ft by 12ft and the other is 8ft by 7ft.

The 12ft one seems huge! Hubby is making it his "man cave". I'm waiting for the TV to be moved down there!! 

I get the "baby cave" apparently for all my gardening stuff.

They are like these, really well built.  Not cheap believe me but well worth the investment:

The Summer Months IMG_2482

Look forward to seeing yours Veya The Summer Months Thumbs10

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:48 pm

clown

AROUND here, a "big" backyard shed would be around 20 to 30 metres across x 10 to 12 metres deep...
(There's a couple in neighbouring streets that measure ~12 x 9 metres, where the owners want to keep things like caravans and boats under cover..).

HOWEVER, to build my "dream shed" I would need at least a couple of acres around it, just to keep things looking in proportion, so it will have to wait...

cheers

IN the meantime, there's a little ol' 6 x 4.5 metre garage, and a 3 x 3 metre garden shed in my backyard..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down