NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ANTI-ZIONISM IS THE NEW ANTI-SEMITISM, SAYS BRITAIN'S EX-CHIEF RABBI

Go down

ANTI-ZIONISM IS THE NEW ANTI-SEMITISM, SAYS BRITAIN'S EX-CHIEF RABBI Empty ANTI-ZIONISM IS THE NEW ANTI-SEMITISM, SAYS BRITAIN'S EX-CHIEF RABBI

Post by Guest Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:42 am

On March 27, speaking to the Sunday Times, former Archbishop of Canterbury Rowan Williams expressed his concern at rising levels of anti-Semitism on British university campuses. There are, he said, “worrying echoes” of Germany in the 1930s. Two days later, in The Times, Chris Bryant, the Shadow Leader of the House of Commons and a senior member of the British Labour party, warned that the political left was increasingly questioning the right of the state of Israel to exist, a view he called a “not too subtle form of anti-Semitism.”

Across Europe, Jews are leaving. A survey in 2013 by the European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights showed that almost a third of Europe’s Jews have considered emigrating because of anti-Semitism, with numbers as high as 46 percent in France and 48 percent in Hungary.

Nor is this a problem in Europe alone. A 2015 survey of North American Jewish college students by Brandeis University found that three-quarters of respondents had been exposed to anti-Semitic rhetoric. One third had reported incidents of harassment because they were Jewish. Much of the intimidation on campus is stirred by “Israel Apartheid” weeks and the BDS (Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions) campaign against Israel. These have become what Easter was in the Middle Ages, a time for attacks against Jews.

http://europe.newsweek.com/jonathan-sacks-anti-semitism-anti-zionism-bds-israel-labour-442978?rm=eu

And yet many on the left are blind to this continued rise of racism that is coming not just from the Far Right, but more so from Far Left and Muslim BDS activists. How often do we see a hate of Israeli Jews on here through the guise of hating them using a smoke screen with Zionism? Its a sham and is not different to when the Nazis tried to dehumanize the Jews once before.
Glad to see more and more and standing up to this new racism

Back to top Go down

ANTI-ZIONISM IS THE NEW ANTI-SEMITISM, SAYS BRITAIN'S EX-CHIEF RABBI Empty Re: ANTI-ZIONISM IS THE NEW ANTI-SEMITISM, SAYS BRITAIN'S EX-CHIEF RABBI

Post by Guest Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:06 am

Antisemitism and anti-Israel activism in British politics have been grabbing the headlines in recent weeks. It now looks like the British are starting to wake up to the fact that anti-Zionism is a mere cloak to disguise old-fashioned antisemitism, aka anti-Jewish prejudice and hatred, and are taking action to counteract this scourge. This ranges from demands for Labour to expel antisemites from the party to defunding terror-supporting charities to outlawing boycotts and discouraging BDS. However it’s not all good news. First, I bring you the the bad news: “Lucy Lips” at Harry’s Place reported on a horrendous meeting in February organized by the Palestine Return Center and which was held at the House of Commons.
At an event in the House of Commons organised by the Palestine Return Centre entitled “Challenging the Narrative: the Obstacles in Advocating for Palestinian Rights”. Kamel Hawwash, British-Palestinian professor & Vice Chair of Palestine Solidarity Campaign went to great pains to say he was speaking in a purely personal capacity.
The quotes are nausea-inducing, but none surprise me. I have zero expectations from Kamel Hawwash (he could more accurately be called Hogwash) but the worst was from the execrable Baroness Jenny Tonge, antisemite par excellence:
Jenny Tonge popped her head around the door of the same meeting to say the following:

“I said that the trouble is with Israel now days is it’s simply not Kosher…it is not behaving like Jewish people…to me it has no relationship at all towards Judaism…”
Just think about those words for a minute and let their poison sink in. Tonge hit every single antisemitic trope that she could possibly manage in teh space of one venomous sentence. You can almost picture her rubbing her hands together with glee at her clever use of semantics to condemn the Jews. Anti-semanticism if you want.
Note too the way she claims for herself the right to define what Judaism is, what it should be, and how the Jews ought to behave. I have read a lot of antisemitism in my blogging life, but this quote takes the biscuit.
She continues…

“I don’t know how many times I have been accused of antisemitism, of course I have, all the time because I criticise Israel and I don’t always choose my words carefully because I don’t think they deserve it frankly. But if you are accused of antisemitism say I am not antisemitic I am anti injustice and actually the injustice that’s been meted out to the Palestinians I think is the worst thing that happened in the last century.”
She thinks that what has happened to the Palestinians is the worst thing that happened in the last century. The woman needs her head examining as well as her soul. Worse than the Holocaust? Worse than Vietnam, than Stalin’s genocides, than the killing fields of Cambodia? A “genocide” that is so slow it is working backwards as the Palestinian population has quadrupled and more since Israel’s establishment? The mind boggles.
You can hear her actual words here if you have the stomach for it:
(on the link)

At least she has resigned from the Liberal Democrats party. However, disgracefully, she still retains her position as a life peer in the House of Lords which is an insult to the British political system given her racist views.
“Habibi” notes in a postscript to the article:
the meeting was hosted by Labour MP Grahame Morris. It was chaired by Sameh Habeeb, one of the most grotesque haters of them all. The PRC is of course close to Hamas and has its own appalling record. Well done Labour, yet again!
After that poisonous meal, let’s now clear our palates from the bitter taste of Tonge’s disgraceful words, which would fit perfectly into any issue of Der Stuermer. As an antidote, here is a wonderful speech (via OP, HDK, Yechieli et al) from the British Secretary of State for Justice, Michael Gove, which he gave last week at a gala evening organized by the Jewish news-site the Algemeiner:
The British Justice Minister on Monday railed against the BDS movement, calling it the new manifestation of an old hatred that he said “all of us would have thought would have vanished from this earth forever, after the unique crime of the Holocaust.”

Addressing the third annual Algemeiner “Jewish 100 Gala” in New York, UK Secretary of State for Justice Michael Gove, a key honoree of the event, bemoaned the rise of antisemitism in Europe, referring to it as a “virus which mutates.”
“In medieval times, antisemitism was religious, and it found its manifestation in ghettoization and forced conversion,” said Gove, a conservative politician and former journalist. “In the late 19th and early 20th centuries, antisemitism, under the perverted guise of scientific racism, led to eliminationist politics in Austria, in Germany, and the greatest crime that mankind has ever witnessed.” But, he asserted, “Antisemitism has changed. And now, it finds its expression in opposition to the Jewish people’s collective identity and the existence of the state of Israel.”

Read it all, and then watch this great video:

Kol hakavod on this strong denunciation of antisemitism and his outspoken support for Israel! If only Mr. Gove and his friends could spread their influence more widely in UK politics, the world would be a much safer and better place.

https://anneinpt.wordpress.com/2016/04/05/the-two-extremes-of-british-politics-regarding-israel-and-antisemitism/

Back to top Go down

ANTI-ZIONISM IS THE NEW ANTI-SEMITISM, SAYS BRITAIN'S EX-CHIEF RABBI Empty Re: ANTI-ZIONISM IS THE NEW ANTI-SEMITISM, SAYS BRITAIN'S EX-CHIEF RABBI

Post by veya_victaous Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:08 am

just like some people try to do to women that decide to wear covering clothing
some even accuse them of being brainless cattle unable to make any decision themselves.

the reason why this is obviously an over statement(there is undoubtedly some prejudice)  there is no one is talking of banning Jewish clothes.
let alone main stream media
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:09 am

veya_victaous wrote:just like some people try to do to women that decide to wear covering clothing
some even accuse them of being brainless cattle unable to make any decision themselves.

the reason why this is obviously an over statement(there is undoubtedly some prejudice)  there is no one is talking of banning Jewish clothes.
let alone main stream media

Then you are clueless, as nobody or I have stated to ban clothes. People have talked about the face veil being illegal in public places for a variety of reasons.

I am against the Burka that is worn by a small sect of Jews in Israel, but again want to liberate women, from the shackles of religious slavery created by men

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down