NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Beware of this man': Hull councillors and MPs warned after 'arrest' attempt on senior politician

Go down

'Beware of this man': Hull councillors and MPs warned after 'arrest' attempt on senior politician   Empty 'Beware of this man': Hull councillors and MPs warned after 'arrest' attempt on senior politician

Post by Guest Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:21 am

'Beware of this man': Hull councillors and MPs warned after 'arrest' attempt on senior politician   13422936-large
'EXTREME CAUTION': Former Hull UKIP candidate Colin Worrall is the subject of an official 'warning' memo from Hull City Council

COUNCILLORS and MPs in Hull have been warned to stay on alert after a man burst into a house and tried to "arrest" one elected member.

The incident is linked to former Hull UKIP candidate Colin Worrall, who has been named in an official memo from Hull City Council warning members about "concerns for their safety"
A photograph of Mr Worrall has also been circulated to councillors and the city's three Labour MPs.

It follows an incident on Tuesday when one elected member was confronted at their house and was involved in an altercation, which later involved police.

Mr Worrall denies he was involved in this incident.

A series of threatening messages allegedly from Mr Worrall have also been sent to the direct email accounts of city councillors and MPs warning them to "hand themselves in or be arrested".

In an email seen by the Mail, members of council staff were warned by council officials to treat Mr Worrall "with extreme caution" and call the police if he approaches them.

A Hull City Council spokeswoman said: "The concerns for the safety of members have been reported to Humberside Police and the council is considering its own position."

It is believed Hull's three MPs, Diana Johnson in Hull North, Karl Turner in Hull East and Alan Johnson in Hull West and Hessle are also being kept informed about the situation.

On both his Facebook and Twitter page, along with a series of emails sent to various bodies across the region, including the Mail, Mr Worrall has said: "I'm going to arrest the MPs of Hull, then I'm coming to arrest Cllrs all for stealing Hull's public money."

On Tuesday morning, he also tweeted: "I am trying to find and arrest them all 3 MPs of Hull."

In a separate post on the social media site later in the day, he said: "I still can't find no MPs of Hull to arrest."

A Humberside Police spokesman said a man was directed to leave the area around an elected member's house after receiving a call around 11.30am on Tuesday.

"The suspect will be spoken to about the incident and given advice about his future behaviour," the spokesman said.

"The victim has been kept informed and is content with the police action."

Speaking to the Mail, Mr Worrall admitted to sending the email, but later denied involvement in the incident at the elected member's home.

Cllr Phil Webster, of Bransholme West, said he had been previously targeted by emails allegedly from Mr Worrall.
He said he was fearful his own home would be targeted.

"There has been clearly a lot of threatening emails to myself and my ward colleague," he said.

"He has bombarded us, and my colleague has reported him to the police and he has said the police have already spoken to him four times because of it.

"We are having to be careful to make sure we look after our own security of my family. It's not right."

Read more: http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Beware-man-Hull-councillors-MPs-warned-arrest/story-28944897-detail/story.html#ixzz43FTN2LrK

Sounds like one for the men in white coats

Back to top Go down