NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

February smashes monthly world temperature records by 'shocking' amount as 'climate emergency' declared

+3
Victorismyhero
Ben Reilly
eddie
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

February smashes monthly world temperature records by 'shocking' amount as 'climate emergency' declared - Page 2 Empty February smashes monthly world temperature records by 'shocking' amount as 'climate emergency' declared

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:21 pm

First topic message reminder :

'In short, we are now hurtling at a frightening pace toward the globally agreed maximum of 2.0°C warming over pre-industrial levels'

February smashes monthly world temperature records by 'shocking' amount as 'climate emergency' declared - Page 2 February-temperatures
Global surface temperatures across land and ocean in February were 1.35°C warmer than the average temperature for that month, measured from the 1951-1980 baseline. NASA/GISS

The global temperature in February smashed monthly records to become the warmest month in more than a century of recordkeeping.

According to Nasa data, global surface temperatures across land and ocean in February were 1.35°C warmer than the average temperature for that month, measured from the 1951-1980 baseline.

The previous record was set in January, which was 1.14°C warmer than the baseline average for that month.

February Smashes Earth's All-Time Global Heat Record by a Jaw-Dropping Margin http://po.st/XeYGLf 
February smashes monthly world temperature records by 'shocking' amount as 'climate emergency' declared - Page 2 CddmcIKVIAA0APE

The result was "a true shocker, and yet another reminder of the incessant long-term rise in global temperature resulting from human-produced greenhouse gases," Jeff Masters and Bob Henson wrote, in a blog analysing the data on Weather Underound.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/february-smashes-monthly-world-temperature-records-by-shocking-amount-as-climate-emergency-declared-a6929936.html

The evidence is now piling up, at this rate it's going to be goodbye world.

Back to top Go down

February smashes monthly world temperature records by 'shocking' amount as 'climate emergency' declared - Page 2 Empty Re: February smashes monthly world temperature records by 'shocking' amount as 'climate emergency' declared

Post by Guest Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:27 pm

eddie wrote:Oh and aspca? That comment in the thread you mentioned was for sassy and she would normally laugh at that kind of thing.
So she either hasn't seen it or doesn't want to get on the wrong side of you.

Or it wasn't funny?
I thought it was hilarious! Hey ho, each to our own.

OH - MY, MY, MY why didn't you PUT THAT OVER THERE???  Hmmm, sure makes me wonder about your methods and reasoning for FAIR MODERATING!  But then again, I've seen that "LACK" of impartial moderation from DAY #1. Wink

Back to top Go down

February smashes monthly world temperature records by 'shocking' amount as 'climate emergency' declared - Page 2 Empty Re: February smashes monthly world temperature records by 'shocking' amount as 'climate emergency' declared

Post by Guest Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:31 pm

Since the global warming issue has been playing havoc up in the farthest reaches of AK, the decision was made to allow all freight haulers to carry more heavier loads.  Moving loads in a faster mode of hauls vs more hauls in a shorter season --- the thaw is occurring much sooner each year.  So supplies and highly needed fuel has become a priority!  And then this happens >>>
February smashes monthly world temperature records by 'shocking' amount as 'climate emergency' declared - Page 2 FuelTankerCrash3-16

After the hottest winter on record, one Canadian territory raised the weight limit on an ice road crossing at the Arctic Circle from 10 metric tons to 40 metric tons. What could possibly go wrong?
Last Saturday, a fuel tanker broke through an ice road in northern Canada. Fortunately, no one was injured. Just four days prior to this accident, the Government of the Northwest
February smashes monthly world temperature records by 'shocking' amount as 'climate emergency' declared - Page 2 Ivd5U9qC_bigger GNWT Transportation ‎@GNWT_DOT
Great Bear Ice Crossing has been increased to 40,000 kgs. Drive safe!
4:43 PM - 2 Mar 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:35 pm

aspca...

if you wont listen to eddie...listen to me

raggas comments were to me and ben originally

there was no need for YOU to "jump in" as it were

It has been noticed that indeed you DO tend to follow ragga around

NOW...I know your "welcome" was a bit...well....unwelcomming BUT

its about time that was laid to rest now

its is beginning to be YOU that is now "starting" the problems and thereby perpetuating the fight.

I think enough is enough

answer the posts...not attack the messenger....

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:36 pm

aspca4ever wrote:
eddie wrote:Aspca I'm asking you nicely to stop turning everything into a shit fest.
You've followed rags around the board pretty much all day today.

If you can't behave then perhaps you will find your backside down in the basement so you can cool off?

Interesting how the conversation was going along RIGHT ON TOPIC until she who will remain nameless 'JUMPED IN' and BTW; you seem to have over looked Stormee's participation in the "SHIT FEST" here. 

So did you have ANYTHING TO COMMENT ON ABOUT THE TOPIC???
Or just more threats when there wasn't ANY NEED?

That's not true. people were talking about Tommy and Stormee, who haven't even posted on this thread.

Why don't you just shut up and stop following me around? You even got bitchy about me not being here. Some of us do have other things to do you know.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:51 pm

eddie wrote:Sassy, rags and aspca you all sound like toddlers at a tea party.

Have a jam sandwich

Dear aspca,

Don't your read other posts in a thread?
I refer you to this one, where I've named all three of you who were screeching.

You are treading on thin ice. You have gotten away with quite a lot due to the fact I am extra specially patient with people like you who fly off the handle easily.

Now I understand if a lot of your angst comes from a deep unhappiness - but I do ask you to tone it down.
If it's not coming from a place of deep unhappiness I think it might be kinder to your blood pressure to log off for a while now and then.

Now you have been warned; if I see any reports about you harrassing other members or if I see you harrassing other members, you will be settling down in the basement until you've calmed down.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter; I know you'll agree with me that it's a nicer place to post when we are all being polite and civil and not following eachother round posting in capitals and big old emoticons!

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:05 pm

Lord Foul wrote:aspca...

if you wont listen to eddie...listen to me

raggas comments were to me and ben originally

there was no need for YOU to "jump in" as it were

It has been noticed that indeed you DO tend to follow ragga around

NOW...I know your "welcome" was a bit...well....unwelcomming  BUT

its about time that was laid to rest now

its is beginning to be YOU that is now "starting" the problems and thereby perpetuating the fight.

I think enough is enough

answer the posts...not attack the messenger....

Well so much for my trying to "carpet bombing them with sarcasm", idea Ben; tried and failed but THANKS ANY WAY...guess it's not about method as much as it about who does the delivery!!! Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2