NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ADHD is vastly overdiagnosed and many children are just immature, say scientists

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

ADHD is vastly overdiagnosed and many children are just immature, say scientists - Page 2 Empty ADHD is vastly overdiagnosed and many children are just immature, say scientists

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:18 pm

First topic message reminder :

Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is vastly over-diagnosed with many cases simply immature children who are the youngest in their class, a new study suggests.
The term ADHD is often used for a collection of behavioural problems linked to poor attention span including impulsiveness, restlessness and inability to concentrate.
Around three to seven per cent of British children are believed to have ADHD, about 400,000, with many being prescribed drugs to try and improve their concentration at school.

Prescriptions for drugs like Ritalin have doubled to 922,000 a year in the last decade for children diagnosed with ADHD but such medications can cause adverse reactions such as weight loss, liver toxicity, and suicidal thoughts, and in the short term may suppress pubertal growth.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/12189369/ADHD-is-vastly-overdiagnosed-and-many-children-are-just-immature-say-scientists.html

Back to top Go down

ADHD is vastly overdiagnosed and many children are just immature, say scientists - Page 2 Empty Re: ADHD is vastly overdiagnosed and many children are just immature, say scientists

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:28 pm

Syl wrote:My post looks really out of place....I didn't realise the thread had changed track...I just read the headline and responded to that. Rolling Eyes

Good for you!  Never worry about replying to the OP, we should all be doing that instead of wandering all over the place lol

Back to top Go down

ADHD is vastly overdiagnosed and many children are just immature, say scientists - Page 2 Empty Re: ADHD is vastly overdiagnosed and many children are just immature, say scientists

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:37 pm

Syl wrote:My post looks really out of place....I didn't realise the thread had changed track...I just read the headline and responded to that. Rolling Eyes

No - Noooo it's all relative to Prescription drugs/cost/big pharma/over medicating our children etc., etc., etc.

I've just been off doing morning chores and returned to get caught up  Wink

As a Para-Educator for those years working with special needs children; I saw & heard some of the worst of the worst teachers bullying and saw some of the best of the best for a FEW excellent teachers that cared!  Unfortunately, lousy tenured teachers seemed to out number the random few excellent ones that would treat & speak to those NON-PERFECT CHILDREN like they really mattered and didn't alienate them further by verbally abusing them until they'd react and then get sent out of the room! 

I watched a lot of special needs children get treated in that manner --- just so the teacher didn't have to Deal With Them - out of sight - out of her hair for the day!

We rarely give birth to that 100% perfect human body; and those little things can & will come with some emotional/reactionary/unique mental thought processes that aren't visible because they aren't physically impaired they are EMOTIONALLY IMPAIRED.  But the methods have been --- give that child some DRUG and keep them behaving properly and QUIET.  That's why there are over 60+ meds on that prescription link I gave --- just for ADHD identified young humans.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:41 pm

At least you're on topic Syl. Razz
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:42 pm

sassy wrote:

Good for you!  Never worry about replying to the OP, we should all be doing that instead of wandering all over the place lol

I did the same thing Syl Hahahaha
I started waffling on about GP's and googling illnesses!? scratch
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:59 pm

eddie wrote:
sassy wrote:

I started waffling on about GP's  and googling illnesses!? scratch

Razz
I really must start reading threads before I jump in. Sometimes my posts looks really odd when I read back.
Glad I'm not the only one eddie.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:56 pm

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:
sassy wrote:

I started waffling on about GP's  and googling illnesses!? scratch

Razz
I really must start reading threads before I jump in. Sometimes my posts looks really odd when I read back.
Glad I'm not the only one eddie.

No Syl. You are most definitely not.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2