NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most British Women Have Been Sexually Harassed

+5
Fuzzy Zack
Syl
Raggamuffin
HoratioTarr
Major
9 posters

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Most British Women Have Been Sexually Harassed Empty Re: Most British Women Have Been Sexually Harassed

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:08 pm

Stormee wrote:If ya ain't then you ain't a chirpy chic. lol

I cannot imagine any woman who has not been sexually harassed.

What is your defence against it girlz?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/politics/6984950/Most-British-young-women-have-been-sexually-harassed.html

What do you mean, 'defence against it'? 

Every single female I know has tales of being flashed at, groped or harassed.    It's more a case of what are the men who do it going to do about it?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Most British Women Have Been Sexually Harassed Empty Re: Most British Women Have Been Sexually Harassed

Post by Guest Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:53 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Stormee wrote:If ya ain't then you ain't a chirpy chic. lol

I cannot imagine any woman who has not been sexually harassed.

What is your defence against it girlz?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/politics/6984950/Most-British-young-women-have-been-sexually-harassed.html

What do you mean, 'defence against it'? 

Every single female I know has tales of being flashed at, groped or harassed.    It's more a case of what are the men who do it going to do about it?

Hear, hear. And it says so much that a man can even come out with that remark, utterly disgusting and beneath contempt.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:57 pm

I think he meant what is your defence against sexual harassment. Some people are too sensitive.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:59 pm

If ya ain't then you ain't a chirpy chic. lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:00 pm

sassy wrote:If ya ain't then you ain't a chirpy chic. lol

So? It's no big deal.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:00 pm

No wonder equality is taking so long.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:08 pm

Being groped and flashed at has always been a hazard when encountering arseholes.

Probably mild sexual harassment happened more frequently to older females, back in the day it was considered the norm to wolf whistle and shout out names to any woman who walked past.

No woman welcomes unwanted advances being made....usually by some uncouth oaf who thinks he is Gods gift.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:14 pm

Syl wrote:
Being groped and flashed at has always been a hazard when encountering arseholes.

Probably mild sexual harassment happened more frequently to older females, back in the day it was considered the norm to wolf whistle and shout out names to any woman who walked past.

No woman welcomes unwanted advances being made....usually by some uncouth oaf who thinks he is Gods gift.

Ain't that the truth!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:26 pm

I bet we all have stories to tell. Most British Women Have Been Sexually Harassed Gossip-smiley-face

Some women can laugh at the men who talk to and about them as sex objects, obviously it can affect many women differently though.

Unless you are being paid for it, I doubt  many women find this sort of attention flattering.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:52 pm

I remember that film...and Tom Courtney is still giving brilliant performances.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:58 pm

No because it's decades since I saw the film.
I do know wolf whistles were part of life up till a few years ago.

edit...that is either cos they are considered very un pc nowadays....or maybe I am just getting to old to warrant any. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:14 pm

Stormee wrote:
sassy wrote:

Ain't that the truth!

A harmless wolf whistle showz a nice chic is appreciated

Chicz get whistled munterz and dogz don't

My son is a scaffolder and often works on building sites. I asked him a while ago (when wolf whistling was in the news because some woman (forgot who) said she always took them as a compliment) whether the lads he worked with ever whistled at women who passed.
He said No....it was a thing of the past.
I don't think wolf whistling was bad tbh....calling out sexually suggestive names always made my teeth grind though.
I mean why did men think that was OK?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:28 pm

Stormee wrote:
Syl wrote:

My son is a scaffolder and often works on building sites. I asked him a while ago (when wolf whistling was in the news because some woman (forgot who) said she always took them as a compliment) whether the lads he worked with ever whistled at women who passed.
He said No....it was a thing of the past.
I don't think wolf whistling was bad tbh....calling out sexually suggestive names always made my teeth grind though.
I mean why did men think that was OK?

Calling out crudities is deffo a no no Syl

It is...only ignorant oafs do so.

I was on a market a while ago and one of the stall holders shouted to his mate "melon alert"....I felt like picking up a string bean and shouting back.
I didn't though because I am a Laydee. lol!
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:55 pm

Syl wrote:
Stormee wrote:

Calling out crudities is deffo a no no Syl

It is...only ignorant oafs do so.

I was on a market a while ago and one of the stall holders shouted to his mate "melon alert"....I felt like picking up a string bean and shouting back.
I didn't though   because I am a Laydee. lol!

Hahahaha! Love it. It can be trying being blessed in the chest department can't it. Wink
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:10 pm

What's wrong with a wolf-whistle? I always smile back.

Sexuality suggestive shouts are a little different though. I mean when a man shouts "Show us yer tits!!" do they really expect me to put my bag down, unzip my jacket and whop them out???

I bet half of them wouldn't know what to do lol!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:42 am

I don't know how any modern day male or female could make it through 11, 12 or 13 years of school before either experiencing, witnessing, or even instigating, some kind of sexual harrassment or sexual discrimination...

And that's before they even enter any pubs, clubs or workplaces..

Unless, of course, they have been living in a cave or on a desert island.

cyclops
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:40 am

My Wife used to get Wolf Whistles, she never minded,
said it made her day.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down