NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Western Australia really over-reacting to shark-related deaths

3 posters

Go down

Western Australia really over-reacting to shark-related deaths Empty Western Australia really over-reacting to shark-related deaths

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:34 am

Following seven fatal shark attacks in the past three years, the government of Western Australia (WA) has proposed a controversial new policy for dealing with sharks that is being called out for being nothing more than a cull that will hurt shark populations and non-target species, without actually doing anything to keep people safe.

Beaches have been patrolled for sharks by air and water, but the cluster of attacks has led to calls for a new approach and the announcement of a baiting and killing initiative for popular beaches.

Starting on January 10, WA fisheries will be targeting great white sharks, tiger sharks and bull sharks who are larger than three meters and will set out 72 baited drum lines in designated zones, in addition to contracting with fishermen to monitor the lines and “humanely” destroy sharks that are found alive by shooting them and discarding their bodies offshore. Any other animals who are caught will be released alive “if possible.”

http://www.care2.com/causes/western-australias-plan-to-protect-people-from-sharks-is-terrible.html
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Western Australia really over-reacting to shark-related deaths Empty Re: Western Australia really over-reacting to shark-related deaths

Post by Guest Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:12 pm

I think it comes down to swimmers Ben, I have seen on telly where a beach in SA was closed due to sharks,yet someone decided to still go for a swim..the guy lost his leg in a shark attack, lucky not his life...

Ignorance is often, but not always the problem.

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Western Australia really over-reacting to shark-related deaths Empty Re: Western Australia really over-reacting to shark-related deaths

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:22 am

It also a Liberal (RW) Premier so of course he is a dickhead  Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:40 pm

Exactly what I thought -- nothing but a measure that will make dumb people feel better and kill a lot of sharks that very likely would never have bothered anyone.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:42 pm

Oh yeah, Rinehart! I'll never forget her words of wisdom: "Furthermore, Africans want to work and its workers are willing to work for less than two dollars a day. Such statistics make me worry for this country's future."
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:48 am

:-:cawg:-: :-:cawg:-: :-:cawg:-: :-:cawg:-: 
......And that is why I came up with all my 'for the good of the many' ideas because here it would just be taking out her  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down