NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Husband's Illustrations For Wife Capture Love At Its Simplest

Go down

Husband's Illustrations For Wife Capture Love At Its Simplest Empty Husband's Illustrations For Wife Capture Love At Its Simplest

Post by Guest Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:48 pm

Illustrator Andrew Hou had trouble expressing his love for his wife with words, so he decided to do it through art instead.

Husband's Illustrations For Wife Capture Love At Its Simplest 56d772701500002a000b11e7
HJ-STORY
"Love is thinking you're beautiful doing the simplest things."

Andrew is Chinese, but he was born in Canada. His wife Kate (a.k.a HJ) is Korean. The pair, married for five years, lives together in Seoul, South Korea. "Korean not being my native tongue didn't help either," he told The Huffington Post. "So making silly, sappy doodles was my workaround for the problem." 

Husband's Illustrations For Wife Capture Love At Its Simplest 56d7729a1e0000950070f2ed
HJ-STORY
"Love is doing the things we love together." 
Husband's Illustrations For Wife Capture Love At Its Simplest 56d775121e00008700703394
HJ-STORY
"Love is saving the last for you." 

Andrew started the series, titled "HJ-Story" after the initials of his wife's Korean name, in 2010. It began as a personal blog but ended up gaining a large fanbasealong the way. 

Husband's Illustrations For Wife Capture Love At Its Simplest 56d772bc1e0000b300703387
HJ-STORY
"Cuddling you is the best thing in the world." 
Husband's Illustrations For Wife Capture Love At Its Simplest 56d776401e0000b300703399
HJ-STORY
"Love is picking me up when I'm down."

Earlier in their relationship, Andrew and Kate used the illustrations as a way to stay connected. 
"[Kate] was busy with school and I was busy with work, so we didn't have a lot of time to meet up or even talk on the phone," he said. "So during work, I'd pretend to be 'working' and create these tiny doodles and send it to her on her cellphone." 

Husband's Illustrations For Wife Capture Love At Its Simplest 56d7733b1e0000950070f2ee
HJ-STORY
"Me going to work vs. me going to see you." 

Once he had accumulated enough doodles, Andrew started posting them online. As the site got more popular, he turned the rough sketches into the more polished drawings you see today.

Husband's Illustrations For Wife Capture Love At Its Simplest 56d773641e00008700703389
HJ-STORY
"Love is memories."
Husband's Illustrations For Wife Capture Love At Its Simplest 56d775f01e0000b300703395
HJ-STORY
"Love is learning to love what you love." 

Through his work, Andrew says he hopes to give viewers a greater appreciation for the small moments. 
"We're all so busy and caught up in everything that we forget about the little moments that are important -- myself included," he said. "Drawing HJ-Story for me is not only to capture the moments of a relationship, but to remind me of the little moments that are easily forgotten." For more of the artist's work, visit his FacebookInstagram or purchase his book. You can see even more of the sweet illustrations below:  

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/husbands-illustrations-for-wife-capture-love-at-its-simplest_us_56d74b29e4b0871f60eda9a1?ir=Good+News§ion=us_good-news&utm_hp_ref=good-news

Back to top Go down

Husband's Illustrations For Wife Capture Love At Its Simplest Empty Re: Husband's Illustrations For Wife Capture Love At Its Simplest

Post by eddie Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:50 pm

Love these!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down