NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Private Sector Experts Called In To Save Universal Credit, HS2 Projects

Go down

Private Sector Experts Called In To Save Universal Credit, HS2 Projects Empty Private Sector Experts Called In To Save Universal Credit, HS2 Projects

Post by Guest Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:26 pm

Private Sector Experts Called In To Save Universal Credit, HS2 Projects N-IAIN-DUNCAN-SMITH-large570

The government is drafting in around one hundred private sector troubleshooters to save some of their riskiest projects, like the flagship Universal Credit benefits reform and the High Speed Rail (HS2) project.

The experts, from management consultancy and other industries, will help monitor new contracts and bulk purchasing across the public sector, the Times reports.

This comes after ministers came under fire for projects like Universal Credit, which was branded an "unmitigated disaster" by MPs for coming in massively over-budget and on track to miss its 2017 deadline for full implementation.

Earlier this month, Labour's shadow work and pensions secretary Rachel Reeves said: "It’s clear that David Cameron and Iain Duncan Smith have completely failed to get to grips with their flagship welfare reform and millions of pounds of taxpayers’ money have been written off as a result."

Meanwhile, the High Speed Rail 2 project has continued to be a source of political tension as Tory MPs and former Labour ministers rail against it. Shadow chancellor Ed Balls has suggested he could kill off the "mismanaged" scheme were Labour to win the next election.

Lord Mandelson, ex-business secretary under the last Labour government, said the scheme would "suck the lifeblood" out of the rest of Britain.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/12/27/hs2-universal-credit_n_4507314.html?utm_hp_ref=uk&ir=UK

Back to top Go down

Private Sector Experts Called In To Save Universal Credit, HS2 Projects Empty Re: Private Sector Experts Called In To Save Universal Credit, HS2 Projects

Post by Guest Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:28 pm

Ha!

So it will miss it's 2017 deadline!

The Tories would have been gone two years before that!

Back to top Go down

Private Sector Experts Called In To Save Universal Credit, HS2 Projects Empty Re: Private Sector Experts Called In To Save Universal Credit, HS2 Projects

Post by Guest Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:14 pm

FFS!

They brought in the private sector graduates to devise and build the computer system to govern UC..That was BT Laughing 

My brother was one of those graduates that was working on that system..He resigned and is now working for another company!

lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:50 pm

He's already blown millions through incompetence so how much more is this going to cost the taxpayer.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:01 pm

Universal credit scheme will waste at least £140m, say MPs
Committee criticises 'alarmingly weak' management and questions whether project can be delivered by 2017 deadline
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2013/nov/07/universal-credit-waste-mps

The HSR 2 Project will probably account for a lot more. I do hope Labour pull out of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:08 pm

Sassy wrote:Universal credit scheme will waste at least £140m, say MPs
Committee criticises 'alarmingly weak' management and questions whether project can be delivered by 2017 deadline

The HSR 2 Project will probably account for a lot more.   I do hope Labour pull out of it.

British Telecom private sector graduates were doing the IT systems so how can he blame civil servants?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:26 pm

IDS will blame anyone but himself. He's a coward, it's his nature.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:38 pm

The HSR 2 Project will probably account for a lot more.   I do hope Labour pull out of it.

It was their idea.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:46 pm

Would you like to produce some evidence of that.

The introduction of the government's flagship universal credit benefit http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-11735673

They have said they would back it, IF changes are made, and they are certainly not responsible for the setting up of the IT system, which has been a complete cock up and lost approximately £140mill so far or the management of it's introduction.

Last edited by Sassy on Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:47 pm

sphinx wrote:

It was their idea.  

Are you in favour of HSR 2 ?

I know that many people living in the Shires are very much against it!  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:48 pm

Sassy wrote:Would you like to produce some evidence of that.

The introduction of the government's flagship universal credit benefit http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-11735673

They have said they would back it, IF changes are made, and they are certainly not responsible for the setting up of the IT system, which has been a complete cock up and lost approximately £140mill so far or the management of it's introduction.
I thought he was talking about HS2 - the statement about labour dropping it came straight after HS2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:49 pm

Catman wrote:
sphinx wrote:

It was their idea.  

Are you in favour of HSR 2 ?

I know that many people living in the Shires are very much against it!  Laughing 

I dont live in the shires but I fail to understand why it is necessary at such huge cost when it would be cheaper to upgrade the existing line.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:52 pm

Ah right. Then again, all the evidence I can find says HS 2 was a conservative idea that labour backed until the costings became so ridiculous and now they are talking of pulling out as it will be too expensive.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:55 pm

Sassy wrote:Ah right.   Then again, all the evidence I can find says HS 2 was a conservative idea that labour backed until the costings became so ridiculous and now they are talking of pulling out as it will be too expensive.

The company was set up in 2009 by the Labour government.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down