NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Donald Trump confronted with past support for Iraq war

2 posters

Go down

Donald Trump confronted with past support for Iraq war  Empty Donald Trump confronted with past support for Iraq war

Post by Guest Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:35 am

The Republican frontrunner was left scrambling during a CNN town hall when confronted with a 2002 interview in which he supported the Iraq invasion

Donald Trump, who has made his opposition to the Iraq invasion one of the bedrocks of his campaign, was left scrambling during a CNN town hall when confronted with a newly uncovered interview in which he supported the conflict.

The interview, reported by Buzzfeed, was from 2002 when the real estate mogul sat down with radio shock jock Howard Stern and was directly asked whether he advocated invading Saddam Hussein’s country.

Trump replied: “Yeah I guess so. I wish the first time it was done correctly.”

Asked by CNN moderator Anderson Cooper about the statement, the Republican frontrunner simply responded: “I could have said that.”

Trump then insisted that his past support for the war did not matter because “by the time the war started I was against it”.

His comments came during the second of a two-part town hall in Columbia featuring the remaining candidates in the Republican field. Ohio governor John Kasich and former Florida governor Jeb Bush preceded Trump in Thursday night’s instalment, whereas Ben Carson and Senators Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz participated the prior evening.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/feb/19/donald-trump-confronted-with-past-support-for-iraq-war

Oops.

Back to top Go down

Donald Trump confronted with past support for Iraq war  Empty Re: Donald Trump confronted with past support for Iraq war

Post by Original Quill Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:44 pm

Yes, he was challenged with that on Good Morning America, and all he could do is equivocate. He said something like, that was before the war started!

Well???

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Donald Trump confronted with past support for Iraq war  Empty Re: Donald Trump confronted with past support for Iraq war

Post by veya_victaous Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:58 am

Donald Trump confronted with past support for Iraq war  FLpIcAm
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down