NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alcohol Banned in US Air Force Dorms at Kaiserslautern, Germany

4 posters

Go down

Alcohol Banned in US Air Force Dorms at Kaiserslautern, Germany Empty Alcohol Banned in US Air Force Dorms at Kaiserslautern, Germany

Post by Lurker Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:07 pm

http://www.stripes.com/news/wing-commander-bans-alcohol-in-air-force-dorms-at-kaiserslautern-1.211797

“Dormitories are an extension of the training environment and should provide safe quarters which enhance our culture of professionalism and discipline,” Hyde wrote in a March 7 memorandum to all dormitory residents. The alcohol prohibition, he said, “will foster an environment of dignity, trust and respect and reduce the potential for alcohol-related misconduct.”

“I actually like it,” said Airman 1st Class Vanessa Zapata. “With all the sexual assaults that have been happening, most of them are alcohol-related. Now that the dorms are co-ed, I think that it protects the females a lot more. I feel a little bit more secure, to be honest.”
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Alcohol Banned in US Air Force Dorms at Kaiserslautern, Germany Empty Re: Alcohol Banned in US Air Force Dorms at Kaiserslautern, Germany

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:39 pm

Hmmm. I think if alcohol can lower your inhibitions enough that you want to commit a sexual assault, you were always a creep.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Alcohol Banned in US Air Force Dorms at Kaiserslautern, Germany Empty @Ben

Post by veya_victaous Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:30 pm

while that may be true
the issue could be looked at the other way, it's not starship troopers (with the awesome co-ed shower scence {I was like 13 when it was out}) it's still 2013 and people are not unigendered. Men and Women shouldn't be sharing dorms that is asking for trouble as much as alchol being allowed in dorms. Just saying it's easy to call the drunk guy down the local pub hitting on anything with legs a creep but if your overseas serving for an extended period essentially living with a object of infatuation it gets a little bit grey once alcohol lower inhabitions.

I am not saying chicks should not in the army I am saying just make 2 dorms already, it is the obvious simple solution.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Alcohol Banned in US Air Force Dorms at Kaiserslautern, Germany Empty Re: Alcohol Banned in US Air Force Dorms at Kaiserslautern, Germany

Post by zephan Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:16 am

Although it was before my time, there was a time when alcohol was banned from Army barracks in Germany. From what I've heard from the old timers, it didn't stop them from drinking in the barracks or anywhere else on post. I'm sure the same will be true for the Air Force.
zephan
zephan
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down