NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grand jury has big surprise for abortion foes who filmed undercover at Planned Parenthood

2 posters

Go down

Grand jury has big surprise for abortion foes who filmed undercover at Planned Parenthood Empty Grand jury has big surprise for abortion foes who filmed undercover at Planned Parenthood

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:01 pm

A Harris County grand jury investigating allegations that a Planned Parenthood clinic in Houston illegally sold the tissue of aborted fetuses has cleared the organization of wrongdoing and instead indicted two anti-abortion activists behind the undercover videos that sparked the probe.

Secret videographers David Daleiden and Sandra Merritt were both indicted on charges of tampering with a governmental record, a second-degree felony that carries a punishment of up to 20 years in prison. Daleiden received an additional misdemeanor indictment under the law prohibiting the purchase and sale of human organs.

Harris County District Attorney Devon Anderson announced the surprising indictments Monday after a two-month investigation.

"We were called upon to investigate allegations of criminal conduct by Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast," said Anderson, a Republican. "As I stated at the outset of this investigation, we must go where the evidence leads us. All the evidence uncovered in the course of this investigation was presented to the grand jury. I respect their decision on this difficult case."

The probe began after the Center for Medical Progress, an anti-abortion group run by Daleiden, released footage of the Houston clinic as part of a series of videos showing Planned Parenthood officials casually discussing the methods and costs of preserving fetal tissue for scientific research. That prompted allegations that the organization was profiting off of tissue -- an allegation that was never proven -- and sparked calls for an investigation from Gov. Greg Abbott, Attorney General Ken Paxton and others.

The Center for Medical Progress did not immediately return a message seeking comment Monday.

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Harris-grand-jury-indicts-pair-behind-Planned-6782865.php

Cue outrage Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Grand jury has big surprise for abortion foes who filmed undercover at Planned Parenthood Empty Re: Grand jury has big surprise for abortion foes who filmed undercover at Planned Parenthood

Post by Original Quill Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:42 pm

I saw and heard that story on Good Morning America, this morning.  I couldn't help but note that it's what I've been saying all along in my own writing, Why Elephants Lie.: Conservatives must lie in order to detract attention from their anti-people position, and get votes.  Planned Parenthood was the latest victim on their faux scandal list...right after the RW lies about Benghazi and Hilary's emails.

Another theme in American politics is evident in this story:

DA Devon Anderson wrote:"We were called upon to investigate allegations of criminal conduct by Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast," said Anderson, a Republican. "As I stated at the outset of this investigation, we must go where the evidence leads us. All the evidence uncovered in the course of this investigation was presented to the grand jury. I respect their decision on this difficult case."

Apropos of the subject discussed in the US Politics section, the fact that the "people" didn't follow the conservative Harris County agenda proves how out-of-step conservatism is with the average American.  That is why the Republican candidates for president are a parade of clowns.  The fact that they are so incredibly far to the right, is the reason why I say that the Republican Party is dead in the US.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Grand jury has big surprise for abortion foes who filmed undercover at Planned Parenthood Empty Re: Grand jury has big surprise for abortion foes who filmed undercover at Planned Parenthood

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:23 pm

You know Quill, I was reminded of the totally unjust dismantling of ACORN on the basis of doctored videos. It's vindicating to see it blow up in their faces for once.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down