NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bedroom Tax Death: Grieving mum found hanged near Bedroom Tax eviction letter had written poverty plea to David Cameron

4 posters

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Bedroom Tax Death: Grieving mum found hanged near Bedroom Tax eviction letter had written poverty plea to David Cameron Empty Re: Bedroom Tax Death: Grieving mum found hanged near Bedroom Tax eviction letter had written poverty plea to David Cameron

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:06 pm

I don't think this was because of the reduction in housing benefit, it was probably more to do with the death of her son and the stress that caused.

I thought this was interesting.

Assistant Doncaster coroner, Mark Beresford, recorded a narrative verdict saying she may have been trying to gain leverage over the council with a "staged arrangement" which went tragically awry.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Bedroom Tax Death: Grieving mum found hanged near Bedroom Tax eviction letter had written poverty plea to David Cameron Empty Re: Bedroom Tax Death: Grieving mum found hanged near Bedroom Tax eviction letter had written poverty plea to David Cameron

Post by eddie Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:23 pm

How sad.
But as rags said, she was obviously unwell due to other things going on.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:28 pm

Misleading thread title

Tragic story none the less mind

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:30 pm

Didge wrote:Misleading thread title

The original title was "bedroom tax death"

I altered it to include the newspaper headline.
Yes it is rather misleading but it's from the daily mirror lol what do you expect?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:32 pm

It's the title of the actual article tbf.

There's not much background anyway. She had three sons, and it's not clear if two of them were still living there or what.

Also, it appears that she died before the eviction letter was received. I'm a bit confused about the note she wrote. She didn't send it, and it's not clear if it was a suicide note. If it was, she wrote it ten days before her body was discovered.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:35 pm

She died 10 days before the eviction order, so its misleading and there is much more to this story where the death of her son clearly effected her

The telling part is this:

Assistant Doncaster coroner, Mark Beresford, recorded a narrative verdict saying she may have been trying to gain leverage over the council with a "staged arrangement" which went tragically awry.

He said: "The method was strikingly similar to that in which Jack ended his life, by which a powerful message could be sent, possibly to the authority dealing with her eviction, providing Ms McCormack with persuasive ammunition.

"The question of whether she intended to take her own life remains unclear.

"She was a strong willed woman and a good loving mother. This was a totally unseen body blow to the family."

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:36 pm

Didge wrote:She died 10 days before the eviction order, so its misleading and there is much more to this story where the death of her son clearly effected her

The telling part is this:

He said: "The method was strikingly similar to that in which Jack ended his life, by which a powerful message could be sent, possibly to the authority dealing with her eviction, providing Ms McCormack with persuasive ammunition.

"She was a strong willed woman and a good loving mother. This was a totally unseen body blow to the family."

As I said, it's not clear if she died on the day she wrote the note or not.

If she did, and her body wasn't discovered for ten days, that would suggest that she lived alone.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:37 pm

Sorry I think I may have made this more confusing, what was said was this?

The eviction notice arrived at her home the same day Ms McCormack's body was discovered on August 10 last year.

A handwritten note was found in her bedroom, part of which was addressed to David Cameron on the hardship the Bedroom Tax was causing.

It was dated 10 days earlier and made no mention of the eviction notice, the inquest heard.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:39 pm

Whatever the case, as has been pointed out, I don't think she killed herself over the bedroom tax.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:48 pm

eddie wrote:Whatever the case, as has been pointed out, I don't think she killed herself over the bedroom tax.

It would be better if it served as a warning to those comtemplating suicide - ie, think about what you're doing and the repercussions.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:47 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

It's the title of the actual article tbf.

There's not much background anyway. She had three sons, and it's not clear if two of them were still living there or what.

Also, it appears that she died before the eviction letter was received. I'm a bit confused about the note she wrote. She didn't send it, and it's not clear if it was a suicide note. If it was, she wrote it ten days before her body was discovered.
i tend to agree with raggs and eddie that this was a cumulation of other events in her life however she would have known that eviction was on the cards long before the letter was issued. as the same kind of thing (not suicide)happened to my next door neighbour after the little boy they fostered died  they where told at the time that they would have to move and it took a year of fighting before they actually lost and had to move just before this Christmas

sadly last Saturday she died (59) we think of a heart attack not helped i guess with the stress of the situation unfortunately she did have a heart condition and that perhaps that didnt help
her son is my daughters boyfriend so it has hit pretty close to home, the funerals this coming Friday

Last edited by korban dallas on Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:48 pm

Are they not only evicted if they don't pay the rent? The "bedroom tax" is about a cut in housing benefit for a bedroom they don't need.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:56 pm

Sorry to hear that didge. What an awful thing to happen x
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:59 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Are they not only evicted if they don't pay the rent? The "bedroom tax" is about a cut in housing benefit for a bedroom they don't need.
i am not sure of the whole story but the fact the fact it was a spare room that had been specially adapted had something to do with it as well

not exactaly the same situation but it does have some parallels i think (not knowing this womans situation )

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:24 pm

Sorry but there is nothing worse when people make claims over how someone has die based on not knowing what the full reason is that she took her life, even moire considering the tragic events of her son. 

What is important is to read what experts did say on the actual death.

Nobody can ever really know, but to say this was because of the bedroom tax, seems very remote based on the evidence given

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:00 pm

eddie wrote:Sorry to hear that didge. What an awful thing to happen x
if your talking about my post about the neighbour death thanks .....you do seem to be confusing things i have said today with others or vice versa

time for a visit to spec savers me thinks Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:02 pm

korban dallas wrote:
eddie wrote:Sorry to hear that didge. What an awful thing to happen x
if your talking about my post about the neighbour death thanks .....you do seem to be confusing things i have said today with others or vice versa

Lol you can talk when you fail to see flood control
Never chastise where you muck up yourself buddy Laughing

We are all human and Eddie is one of the best

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:10 pm

Didge wrote:
korban dallas wrote:

chastise ? i am not doing that i am thanking her for he thoughts

And the mistake i made had nothing to do with flood, control because you cant vote twice ether way in 20 mins and it tells you that when you try and it didn`t at the time

obviously i did something wrong when as i said and honestly believed i voted you down as an experiment to see who you would blame
but it wasn`t anything to do with the flood control

however i am sure you know better than i do as you where standing behind me at the time and know everything

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:12 pm

korban dallas wrote:
Didge wrote:

And the mistake i made had nothing to do with flood, control because you cant vote twice ether way  in 20 mins and it tells you that when you try  and it didn`t at the time

obviously i did something wrong when as i said and honestly believed  i voted you down as an experiment to see who you would blame

however i am sure you know better than i do as you where standing behind me at the time and know everything

Point so far over your head

Ever heard of sarcasm? in  a light hearted manner?

Stop taking everything so personal, trust me, from someone who knows

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:14 pm

Didge wrote:
korban dallas wrote:

And the mistake i made had nothing to do with flood, control because you cant vote twice ether way  in 20 mins and it tells you that when you try  and it didn`t at the time

obviously i did something wrong when as i said and honestly believed  i voted you down as an experiment to see who you would blame

Point so far over your head

Ever heard of sarcasm? in  a light hearted manner?

Stop taking everything so personal, trust me, from someone who knows
sarcasm seems you don`t recognise it ether

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:17 pm

Nah that was being antsy Korben as you ended with being bitter, as I have never claimed to know everything more than you as you are more technically minded than me

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:20 pm

Didge wrote:Nah that was being antsy Korben as you ended with being bitter, as I have never claimed to know everything more than you as you are more technically minded than me
i love the way you assign motives to people posts
i think that has more to do with your insecurity's than mine to be honest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:24 pm

korban dallas wrote:
Didge wrote:Nah that was being antsy Korben as you ended with being bitter, as I have never claimed to know everything more than you as you are more technically minded than me

Well you are like sheldon, very inept in the ways of emotions, no disrespect as I mean that in the most lighthearted humorousness way.
I am very well educated in psychology and thus understand human emotions Korben
Sorry bud, but insecurity shines through when you never recognize it and point this aspect at others as a weapon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:36 pm

Didge wrote:
korban dallas wrote:

Well you are like sheldon, very inept in the ways of emotions, no disrespect as I mean that in the most lighthearted humorousness way.
Sorry bud, but insecurity shines through when you never recognize it and point this aspect at others as a weapon
well i take the Sheldon comment as a complement and yes you do seem to think your  an expert in everything now psychology but the one thing you can be sure off insecure is certainly not one of my traits as you would know if your psychology expertises was worth its salt

insecure people tend not to argue there point as much as i tend to do
however you call people stupid, childish.insecure ect ect all the time if they disagree even when they are better informed than you
you strike me as the kind of guy who thinks he knows it all and who`s view is the only right one regardless to be honest your a bit of a tit .....but we still love you XXX

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:40 pm

korban dallas wrote:
Didge wrote:

well i take the Sheldon comment as a  complement and yes you do seem to think your  an expert in everything now psychology but the one thing you can be sure off insecure is certainly not one of my traits as you would know if your psychology expertises was worth its salt

however you call people stupid, childish.insecure ect ect all the time if they disagree even when they are better informed than you
you strike me as the kind of guy who thinks he knows it all and who`s view is the only right one regardless to be honest your a bit of a tit .....but we still love you XXX

Okay before we continue, show anywhere where I have ever claimed to be an expert in everything, just after admitting you are way more expert than i technically?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:44 pm

P. S people are childish most of the time if they are led by emotions and not reasons

That is a clue to your defense, where you are trying to convince me about yourself, where I know you are intelligent but like many people easily led by emotions, which then makes you forgo reason, which you are very capable of normally.

That is your second starting point

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:49 pm

Didge wrote:
korban dallas wrote:
well i take the Sheldon comment as a  complement and yes you do seem to think your  an expert in everything now psychology but the one thing you can be sure off insecure is certainly not one of my traits as you would know if your psychology expertises was worth its salt

Okay before we continue, show anywhere where  I have ever claimed to be an expert in everything, just after admitting you are way more expert than i technically?
fuck dude ? "I am very well educated in psychology"
you did it in the above post

i am a naval engineer yet you know better than me and where addiment that one torpedo would sink that aircraft carrier

true you may have not used the word "expert" but you always come out with i am well read or studied (x) subject thus implying some kind of superior credentials to win a point as you did above so you might not have claimed implicitly but
the underlying motive is the same

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:53 pm

korban dallas wrote:
Didge wrote:

Okay before we continue, show anywhere where  I have ever claimed to be an expert in everything, just after admitting you are way more expert than i technically?

i am a naval engineer yet you know better than me and where addiment that one torpedo would sink that aircraft carrier

true you may have not used the word "expert" but you always come out with i am  well read or studied (x) subject thus implying some kind of superior credentials to win a point as you did above so you might not have claimed implicitly but

That did not answer my question Korben

Lots of diversions

I am well read and would you then claim Victor is the same if he said he is well read?

Or irn?

Or Ben?

Is it then you picking out and being then emotional yourself how you then cast only these views when you yourself to me that you are being emotive?

Again I do not doubt you are highly intelligent on many subjects, but human emotions is not one of them in the qualified sense of view

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:56 pm

The next question you should ask yourself is if political persuasion or dislike motivates your views onto another person
An honest person would admit that they do as all of us do.
Would you not agree?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:03 pm

Didge wrote:P. S people are childish most of the time if they are led by emotions and not reasons

That is a clue to your defense, where you are trying to convince me about yourself, where I know you are intelligent but like many people easily led by emotions, which then makes you forgo reason, which you are very capable of normally.

i am answering your posts and points
i am not trying to convince you of anything but once again your doing what you all ways do its called transference

people can be childish at times yes and i am no different but on this site is not one of thous times
i am very aware of my faults and foibles and tend not to get perturbed unless a false accusation is made of such a level that warrants some reaction as was the case with me and you some months ago

But all in all i am pretty easy going and really don`t let the shit said by other on forums bother me that much certainly not the emotions you keep pulling out the hat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:08 pm

Didge wrote:
korban dallas wrote:

true you may have not used the word "expert" but you always come out with i am  well read or studied (x) subject thus implying some kind of superior credentials to win a point as you did above so you might not have claimed implicitly but

Lots of diversions

I am well read and would you then claim Victor is the same if he said he is well read?

Or irn?

Or Ben?

Is it then you picking out and being then emotional yourself how you then cast only these views when you yourself to me that you are being emotive?

Again I do not doubt you are highly intelligent on many subjects, but human emotions is not one of them in the qualified sense of view
diversions your go to excuse
and the highlighted bit needs some work as it is jibberish

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:10 pm

korban dallas wrote:
Didge wrote:P. S people are childish most of the time if they are led by emotions and not reasons

i am answering your posts and points
i am not trying to convince you of anything but once again your doing what you all ways do its called transference

people can be childish at times yes and i am no different but on this site is not one of thous times
i am very aware of my faults and foibles and tend not to get perturbed unless a false accusation is made of such a level that warrants some reaction  as was the case with me and you some months ago

But all in all i am pretty easy going and really don`t let the shit said by other on forums  bother me that much certainly not the emotions you keep pulling out the hat  

You are tring to convince by believing things you have stated in the past were correct.
The question then is why then do you need to try and convince me, if you are right when reason should be the only tool you need Korben?

I am not knocking your faults but trying to make you understand how you have allowed yourself to do what we all do sometimes, become fixated as a personal; battle with someone

Truly I have no hate for you and only love for you and your family

If you do not believe me, then you certainly do not know me well enough and that is the most telling point you should ask yourself, why neither of us have done so, because that will help break down barriers, Yet in all these replies have I been nasty to you?
No
You have a winning sense in you, many of us have but that is not what this is all about.

Hate me or loathe me, that is your choice Korben

I only have honesty to give to you

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:11 pm

korban dallas wrote:
Didge wrote:

Lots of diversions

Or irn?

Or Ben?

Now you are getting very emotive again

Calm down this is a conversation and not a slag fest, where I hope we can both reason like adults

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:16 pm

Didge wrote:The next question you should ask yourself is if political persuasion or dislike motivates your views onto another person
Would you not agree?
well the main stream political persuasion don`t really bother me about people and have many friends who are RW take victor for example we are very good friends an talk often on the phone but unless someone's view its based on bigotry and hate that does get my back up as it should

I prefer to take people on there actions not what they believe

Last edited by korban dallas on Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : cant spell asess)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:19 pm

Didge wrote:
korban dallas wrote:

Calm down this is a conversation and not a slag fest, where I hope we can both reason like adults
No not really read it aloud to your self just the highlighted bit

honestly it`s jibberish

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:22 pm

korban dallas wrote:
Didge wrote:The next question you should ask yourself is if political persuasion or dislike motivates your views onto another person
Would you not agree?
well the main stream political persuasion don`t really bother me about people and have many friends who are RW take victor for example we are very good friends an talk often on the phone but unless someone's view its based on bigotry and hate that does get my back up as it should

I prefer to asses people on there actions not what they believe  

Victor is not RW

I thought you knew him better than that

I made that mistake once because i was too angry at him and never listened to him and then I did

Look I admire your defense of people, that is second nature, to what you did in the navy, you want to look out for people, but I actually learn by mistakes, which Victor of all people will tell you that I do

Take that as you will, as he i respect above all others, as he knows when in conflict, I will counter him, hardest not emotively as i once did, but with reason

I do not doubt you are an honest person or that you are even nice, just that we all make mistakes, the sad fact is we allow competition to get th better of us all.

The human mind is what I understand best and even Victor knows this

My best wishes to your family Korben

Night

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:24 pm

korban dallas wrote:
Didge wrote:

No not really read it aloud to your self just the highlighted bit

honestly  it`s  jibberish

That is fine Korben if you feel that way

All the best

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:30 pm

Didge wrote:
korban dallas wrote:

I prefer to asses people on there actions not what they believe  

Victor is not RW

I thought you knew him better than that

I made that mistake once because i was too angry at him and never listened to him and then I did

Look I admire your defense of people, that is second nature, to what you did in the navy, you want to look out for people, but I actually learn by mistakes, which Victor of all people will tell you that I do

Take that as you will, as he i respect above all others, as he knows when in conflict, I will counter him, hardest not emotively as i once did, but with reason

I do not doubt you are an honest person or that you are even nice, just that we all make mistakes, the sad fact is we allow competition to get th better of us all.

The human mind is what I understand best and even Victor knows this

My best wishes to your family Korben

Night
victor is not extreme RW by any stretch but he is no "lefty" and yes we all make mistakes and i am no different
however your "diagnosis" of my emotional state in a post is so way of, as to be insulting at the very least and completely inaccurate
you may think you can read between the lines but my friend you reading the wrong book

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:38 pm

really you don`t see it ?
its word salad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:55 pm

and just before i pop of to bed i will make an observation

given the amount of times you have deleted your account over what some body has said and then returned you seem more a slave to your "emotions " than me

you might want to think about that

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:23 am

study Erm.... anyway......

Sorry for mistaking your post as being Didge's post, KD.
Hope the funeral goes well next week X
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:10 am

eddie wrote: study Erm.... anyway......

Sorry for mistaking your post as being Didge's post, KD.
Hope the funeral goes well next week X
no apology needed eddie Smile but thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:04 pm

Benefits should only be paying for basic needs... not paying for people to have more than others of the same entitlement group... all in the name of equality!!!

Thought the lefties would like this equality and fairness...!?

Why should one person get a big house with more than one bedroom and garden on benefits while another is only allowed to have a one bedroom flat or a single room in a shared house to be paid for?
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down