NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My motto for life

+2
nicko
eddie
6 posters

Go down

My motto for life  Empty My motto for life

Post by eddie Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:19 pm

Absolutely live by it

My motto for life  Image32
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

My motto for life  Empty Re: My motto for life

Post by nicko Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:35 am

and do unto others that witch they would do to you,

only do it first!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:36 am

My motto for life  Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQrj3RnB7ttW3BMUXFhZsmgxPNwe3ay7yPBxCydRkluPiWkp3mh

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:33 pm

Life is so fast paced that we seem to forget the here and now and what is really important. Focusing on problems and negativity, what we what to achieve, next week, next year. Pressures of work, family life, finances etc.

I was listening to a radio show the other day.  They had a therapist talking about this, encouraging us take time to have a rant about everything that is making you angry, your perceived problems then take a step back and think about where you are in your life. Are those things REALLY important?  My motto for life  Questi12

Do you actually already have everything you need to be happy?

My motto for life  2Q==

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:59 pm

Carpe jugulum
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:04 pm

Dont be a cowardly shit that thinks it is ok to hurt others because they may hurt you.
TRY and do what is just, do not submit to fear, use logic and reason to find the path.

BUT more importantly...
Live a Life that amuses the gods
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:12 pm

Myself, allow yourself to surrender to the wonders of life and embrace it. We ourselves can only decide which paths we choose to take in life, where every decision we make, we either chose to learn from or make the same mistakes over again. Never be to hard on yourself as we all make mistakes, but be humble enough to know when we are wrong. Inspire and give strength to others and where you do not have the courage yourself, do not be afraid to ask others for support and help. But most of all through all the ugliness, violence and war, when you look more closely enough, you will see through all that hate, and see that love is actually all around.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:44 am

Some great mottos there.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:46 am

Had a funeral yesterday of an old friend, taken too soon really.
A talented, almost genius, musician, who was also a fantastic transvestite and put on a bloody good show with his Mr Bizzaro act.
Spent many a night with him, jamming, painting our nails and discussing his love of food.

Going to miss him. But what a celebration of his life that funeral was!!
A real emotional day yesterday.

So I guess living a successful life is: when your friends and loved one are at your funeral, what will they say about how you touched their lives?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:50 am

eddie wrote:
A talented, almost genius, musician, who was also a fantastic transvestite and put on a bloody good show with his Mr Bizzaro act.
Spent many a night with him, jamming, painting our nails and discussing his love of food.

So I guess living a successful life is: when your friends and loved one are at your funeral, what will they say about how you touched their lives?

Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend Eddie.

x

Our bodies maybe gone, but their voices and the picture of those dear to us remain firmly imprinted in our minds.
Death can never take that away from us.
That is how we keep people very much still alive within each of us.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:54 am

Didge wrote:
eddie wrote:

x

Our bodies maybe gone, but our voices and the picture of those dear to us remain firmly imprinted in our minds.

Yes that's so true didge and thank you for your kind words.

Such a shame, that in our busy lives we can lose contact with people.
I wish I'd seen Gerry one last time to tell him how much I appreciated him.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:01 am

eddie wrote:
Didge wrote:

x

Our bodies maybe gone, but our voices and the picture of those dear to us remain firmly imprinted in our minds.

That is always the hardest part Eddie and to be honest being there when they are at their last which I have had to bear witness to with family in the last few years can be even harder to take, seeing them pass before your eyes.  So I totally understand how this must be upsetting for you Eddie, but no matter if we through life changes have less contact, that does not mean they would have thought any less of you. Again nothing can take away what you have both shared and that is something you will always be able to cherish.

Once again, am really sorry you lost a friend who sounds absolutely beautiful, in every sense.

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:24 am

one bite at a time ??
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:37 pm

Didge wrote:
eddie wrote:
Didge wrote:

x

That is always the hardest part Eddie and to be honest being there when they are at their last which I have had to bear witness to with family in the last few years can be even harder to take, seeing them pass before your eyes.  So I totally understand how this must be upsetting for you Eddie, but no matter if we through life changes have less contact, that does not mean they would have thought any less of you. Again nothing can take away what you have both shared and that is something you will always be able to cherish.

Once again, am really sorry you lost a friend who sounds absolutely beautiful, in every sense.

Thanks didge
I have a feeling you'd have rather liked him X
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:39 pm

eddie wrote:
Didge wrote:

Thanks didge
I have a feeling you'd have rather liked him X

You are welcome Eddie and know if the situation was reversed you would be the same in what you would say, if not better .

x

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:41 pm

I was thinking about funerals yesterday, there are some people who go to funerals every day, even strangers funerals! How odd is that?
I'd be forever crying!!

I always forget to take tissues too and have to ask a stranger for one lol
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:45 pm

eddie wrote:I was thinking about funerals yesterday, there are some people who go to funerals every day, even strangers funerals! How odd is that?
I'd be forever crying!!

I had to when i was younger, as I was an alter boy, which in a way made me sort of become to used to them.
Though the strangest was for a Nun, who had always been kind to me, I was invited back into the convent and saw an absolutely different side to Nuns I had never seen before. They wee not sad, but happy their sister was in heaven to them. In that aspect religion is very strong in helping

I think its really nice if people go to those they do not know, as people can be simple encouraged by the number of people there. It makes them then feel that those now gone had others int heir life they never knew they had Eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:57 pm

Didge wrote:
eddie wrote:I was thinking about funerals yesterday, there are some people who go to funerals every day, even strangers funerals! How odd is that?
I'd be forever crying!!

I had to when i was younger, as I was an alter boy, which in a way made me sort of become to used to them.
Though the strangest was for a Nun, who had always been kind to me, I was invited back into the convent and saw an absolutely different side to Nuns I had never seen before. They wee not sad, but happy their sister was in heaven to them. In that aspect religion is very strong in helping

I think its really nice if people go to those they do not know, as people can be simple encouraged by the number of people there. It makes them then feel that those now gone had others int heir life they never knew they had Eddie

Yes I supposed there's always that side to it. The more people there the better.

Nuns used to creep me out when I was little affraid
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:45 pm

eddie wrote:
Didge wrote:

Yes I supposed there's always that side to it. The more people there the better.

I've only met one Nun.  It was immediately after my father-in-law died in the hospice following a battle with two types of cancer.  She was lovely, comforting despite the fact I am a non-believer I love you x

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:35 pm

Oh I can fully appreciate how calming they must be, disregarding religion.
They just used to really freak me out when I was little. Especially nun ghosts My motto for life  3986371719
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:54 am

My motto for life  Must-see-imagery-enemies
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:19 am

eddie wrote:
Didge wrote:

i stayed one night in The Friary of St Francis, that was weird

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:37 am

My motto for life  Must-see-imagery-offensive-happy
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down