NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ISIS, other groups killed nearly 19,000 Iraqi civilians in last 21 months, UN says

5 posters

Go down

ISIS, other groups killed nearly 19,000 Iraqi civilians in last 21 months, UN says Empty ISIS, other groups killed nearly 19,000 Iraqi civilians in last 21 months, UN says

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:42 pm

(CNN) Nearly 19,000 civilians were killed in Iraq between January 2014 and October 2015 -- a toll the United Nations calls "staggering" in a new report.

The report, released Tuesday, outlines the horrific impact that Iraq's ongoing conflict is having on its civilian population.

The numbers are mind-boggling. In the 21-month period:

• At least 18,802 civilians were killed, about half of them in Baghdad.

• Another 36,245 were injured.

• About 3.2 million people were internally displaced, including a million school-aged children.

The actual figures could be much higher, the report said.

ISIS crimes: 'Possibly genocide'

Much of the suffering was attributed to ISIS, the brutal Islamist terror group which has declared an Islamic caliphate across the vast stretches of territory it holds in Iraq and neighboring Syria -- although the report also documented alleged abuses by Iraqi security forces and allied groups fighting ISIS.

"The so-called 'Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant' (ISIL) continues to commit systematic and widespread violence and abuses of international human rights law and humanitarian law. These acts may, in some instances, amount to war crimes, crimes against humanity, and possibly genocide," the report said, using another name for ISIS.

The group, which has controlled Iraq's second largest city, Mosul, since June 2014, employed horrifying methods of killing, the report says, including beheading, bulldozing, burning alive and throwing people off the tops of buildings.

However, improvised explosive devices -- including explosives worn by suicide bombers and those carried in vehicles -- were the deadliest tactic used against civilians, it said.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/19/middleeast/iraq-civilian-death-toll/
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

ISIS, other groups killed nearly 19,000 Iraqi civilians in last 21 months, UN says Empty Re: ISIS, other groups killed nearly 19,000 Iraqi civilians in last 21 months, UN says

Post by Guest Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:45 pm

Possible? i would say highly probable ben they have committed countless genocide, hence why where we can help I have advocated that we do act and stop them. As near 8 million is under ISIS control, of which I would say the majority of these people do not support ISIS. A substancial amount will, but the majority are under subjucation.

Back to top Go down

ISIS, other groups killed nearly 19,000 Iraqi civilians in last 21 months, UN says Empty Re: ISIS, other groups killed nearly 19,000 Iraqi civilians in last 21 months, UN says

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:28 pm

How many ISIS people are in charge in these places? I just don't think they could be in charge without the support of a large percentage of the rest of the population.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:31 pm

ragga...I would point you to an old, but non the less trite old joke

what do you call a monkey with a machine gun

"SIR"

or alternatively

"whatever it wants you to"

Last edited by Lord Foul on Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:32 pm

Lord Foul wrote:ragga...I would point you to an old, but non the less trite old joke

"SIR"

Surely the men of such places could get machine guns off them if they stuck together. It's not as if ISIS can drop bombs on anyone.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:33 pm

ever seen more than 2 arabs "stick together" over ANYTHING?
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:13 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:ragga...I would point you to an old, but non the less trite old joke

"SIR"

Surely the men of such places could get machine guns off them if they stuck together. It's not as if ISIS can drop bombs on anyone.

it doesn't have to be a majority.... but enough
and there is the always a reasonable portion that just don’t care as long as it isn't hurting them.

but you understand a point that didge either misses or he truly want to be like the medieval crusader and declare all Muslims evil enough to be put to the sword, in the convenient world where god colour coded the bad guys  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:52 pm

What are the native Syrians and Iraqis fighting ISIS supposed to do about ISIS' established supplies of weapons, not to mention ISIS has full-time, paid soldiers who have been seasoned in battle or trained by battle-seasoned soldiers?

They have to do something to eat and raise their families -- if they tried to fight full-time they'd starve (a lot of them are anyway, as has been seen). They have no advantage over ISIS fighters in terms of familiarity with their terrain that their enemies lack. They have no way of knowing whether Ahmed Next Door is an ISIS informer.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:01 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:What are the native Syrians and Iraqis fighting ISIS supposed to do about ISIS' established supplies of weapons, not to mention ISIS has full-time, paid soldiers who have been seasoned in battle or trained by battle-seasoned soldiers?

They have to do something to eat and raise their families -- if they tried to fight full-time they'd starve (a lot of them are anyway, as has been seen). They have no advantage over ISIS fighters in terms of familiarity with their terrain that their enemies lack. They have no way of knowing whether Ahmed Next Door is an ISIS informer.

It just seems preferable to try to do something rather than put up with what's going on. If it's as bad as people say it is, what sort of life do they have anyway? If they're constantly scared, if people they know are being killed, wouldn't you get to a stage where you decided that it's better to fight back?

You say they're raising their families, but what sort of life are they raising them into? One where they get killed for not bowing down to a bunch of thugs? Anyway, they're not all raising families are they?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:07 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:What are the native Syrians and Iraqis fighting ISIS supposed to do about ISIS' established supplies of weapons, not to mention ISIS has full-time, paid soldiers who have been seasoned in battle or trained by battle-seasoned soldiers?

It just seems preferable to try to do something rather than put up with what's going on. If it's as bad as people say it is, what sort of life do they have anyway? If they're constantly scared, if people they know are being killed, wouldn't you get to a stage where you decided that it's better to fight back?

You say they're raising their families, but what sort of life are they raising them into? One where they get killed for not bowing down to a bunch of thugs? Anyway, they're not all raising families are they?

I'd imagine choice 1 would be to run, choice 2 to stay and keep your head down, and choice 3 to fight when you have nothing left to live for. I know I wouldn't dash into battle with a pocketful of rocks if I thought there was any way I could outlive ISIS.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:20 pm

Oh well, they'll just have to put up with it then.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:11 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:How many ISIS people are in charge in these places? I just don't think they could be in charge without the support of a large percentage of the rest of the population.

Good point/observation... one I have made before too...

I don't believe the story that so many loads of Iraqi army just dropped their weapons and ran away etc... and ran away from who exactly???

The Iraqi army WERE the only armed militias in town and would not have ran away from "only a few" unarmed scroats and then subsequently armed them by their running away and dropping of weapons etc... I think the truth is that many of the newly US trained Iraqi troops just turned ferral Muslim and ARE now isis!!!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:28 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:How many ISIS people are in charge in these places? I just don't think they could be in charge without the support of a large percentage of the rest of the population.

Good point/observation... one I have made before too...

I don't believe the story that so many loads of Iraqi army just dropped their weapons and ran away etc... and ran away from who exactly???

The Iraqi army WERE the only armed militias in town and would not have ran away from "only a few" unarmed scroats and then subsequently  armed them by their running away and dropping of weapons etc... I think the truth is that many of the newly US trained Iraqi troops just turned ferral Muslim and ARE now isis!!!

When ISIS moves into a new area, they disarm the population and ban all public gatherings. So you're basically wondering why a group of people who can't even meet to plan attacks, nor wage them with firearms, doesn't rise up against ISIS.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:59 pm

Who became isis...!?

I say it WAS many of the Iraqi army!!!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:42 am

Tommy Monk wrote:Who became isis...!?

I say it WAS many of the Iraqi army!!!

well Yes
oddly indidvuals that were willing to cooperate with what was previously their nations 'great enemy' the USA for Money do not have the highest moral code.

So when offered money and women/slaves to join ISIS... why wouldn't they    Suspect  

rats are going to take the cheese
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down