NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10 Things British Do Better Than Americans

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

10 Things British Do Better Than Americans  - Page 2 Empty 10 Things British Do Better Than Americans

Post by Guest Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:03 pm

First topic message reminder :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dXO5ZBKsUU

I think this is a good starting point for a debate as there is clear rivalry all the time between us Brits and the Yanks all the time.

So do you agree with the ten stated that us Brits are better at

Is there any others people would like to say we do better than the US at and reason why

And lastly do the Yanks have what they would claim is done better in the US thank the UK?

Back to top Go down

10 Things British Do Better Than Americans  - Page 2 Empty Re: 10 Things British Do Better Than Americans

Post by Guest Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:54 am

Lol biggest load of bull ever claimed Ben and an epic fail

Back to top Go down

10 Things British Do Better Than Americans  - Page 2 Empty Re: 10 Things British Do Better Than Americans

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:30 am

eddie wrote:Hmmm. Come on guys seriously!
There are great things about both countries. I like mine the best, obviously, this is my home.

The royals - I feel nothing toward them one way or another
Black cabs and red buses - iconic London
Comedy - love both US and English
Serial dramas - US rocks for me! All kinds - they outdo us IMO
Films - American all day long for me
Food - neither, both countries suck for cuisine - I like Italian or Greek or any Mediterranean food

The most beautiful city in the world? Paris

Fashion? French
Perfume? French
Furniture and class? French

Hmmm, dramas - not sure about that one. I love the British crime dramas - Agatha Christie dramas, Morse, Lewis, Waking the Dead, Frost, Midsomer Murders, Jonathan Creek, etc.

Of course I'm also a fan of Columbo, Monk, and other American crime series.

American films are often good, but I wish they'd speak a little slower - especially Tom Hanks.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:44 am

Didge wrote:Lol biggest load of bull ever claimed Ben and an epic fail

Search your feelings -- you will know it to be true Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:45 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:

Ah! I still absolutely adore Harry Potter, but you can't overlook that debt to Star Wars!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:49 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:Hmmm. Come on guys seriously!
There are great things about both countries. I like mine the best, obviously, this is my home.

The royals - I feel nothing toward them one way or another
Black cabs and red buses - iconic London
Comedy - love both US and English
Serial dramas - US rocks for me! All kinds - they outdo us IMO
Films - American all day long for me
Food - neither, both countries suck for cuisine - I like Italian or Greek or any Mediterranean food

The most beautiful city in the world? Paris

Fashion? French
Perfume? French
Furniture and class? French

Hmmm, dramas - not sure about that one. I love the British crime dramas - Agatha Christie dramas, Morse, Lewis, Waking the Dead, Frost, Midsomer Murders, Jonathan Creek, etc.

American films are often good, but I wish they'd speak a little slower - especially Tom Hanks.

That's so funny to me, in America we have people who wish the characters in British shows would speak more slowly Smile

I talk really fast myself, defying the Texas stereotype -- it's really all about being able to understand the accent.

My uncle once stayed with a British family and they told him he was so much easier to understand than the last American they'd had with them. Turned out, their last American guest was a Louisiana Cajun -- even Americans have a hard time understanding them Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:50 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

That's so funny to me, in America we have people who wish the characters in British shows would speak more slowly Smile

I talk really fast myself, defying the Texas stereotype -- it's really all about being able to understand the accent.

My uncle once stayed with a British family and they told him he was so much easier to understand than the last American they'd had with them. Turned out, their last American guest was a Louisiana Cajun -- even Americans have a hard time understanding them Smile

Haha! I've often missed a crucial point in American films because the character was speaking too fast, or muttering. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:57 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Haha! I've often missed a crucial point in American films because the character was speaking too fast, or muttering. Laughing

That's why I always put on the subtitles Smile I really do want to know what they're saying ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:10 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:

Serach your feelings, as Star Wars was inspired from Lord of the Rings, bringing us back full circle to the UK  Laughing

http://www.moongadget.com/origins/lotr.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:52 am

Didge wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

Serach your feelings, as Star Wars was inspired from Lord of the Rings, bringing us back full circle to the UK  Laughing

http://www.moongadget.com/origins/lotr.html

So Frodo was descended from a Dark Side guy, eh? Smile

Gotta go now, my dog is shooting me dirty looks since it's nearly 4 a.m. over here and we haven't gone to bed ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:57 am

Screw the dog, he knows where his food comes from.

Both Luke and Harry wanted to be heroes but were shaken by the revelation that there was evil in their ancestry. All of the tension of the plot rested on that ...

And fuck Frodo and his stupid furry feet. His story was of the common person becoming a hero. Sheez! Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:58 am

Oh, and Frodo needed a random mistake at the climax of the story to even become half a hero! Lord of the Rings is overrated.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:03 am

lol Lord of the Rings is epic and makes Staw wars look insignificant in terms of epic tales Ben. So no matter how much you backtrack Star Wars was inspired by Lord of the Rings, thus Briatin will hold the stamp mark on what is better here

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:31 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Didge wrote:By that Ben, I mean you never protested the points I made off them.

Laaters dude

Harry Potter ripped off the plot of Star Wars.

And they're both shit!

And!
What about my list?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2