NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

French daredevil falls to death while preparing for tightrope stunt

Go down

French daredevil falls to death while preparing for tightrope stunt  Empty French daredevil falls to death while preparing for tightrope stunt

Post by Guest Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:44 pm

Base jumper Tancrède Melet was unable to free himself from hot air balloon and plummeted 65ft when it suddenly took off

A French daredevil known for aerial stunts has fallen to his death while preparing for a dangerous tightrope walk between two hot air balloons.
Tancrède Melet, 32, fell while getting ready to perform the risky stunt in Drôme, southern France, on Tuesday. He was on the ground holding a hot air balloon when it suddenly took off and he was unable to disentangle himself from the line. He fell 65ft (20m) to the ground.
Melet – a slackliner, Base jumper and wingsuiter – was taking part in a performance art project when the accident happened.

A speedriding video uploaded to YouTube by Tancrède Melet.
Melet was well known in extreme sports and had appeared in adverts, videos, live shows and lectures. He was part of aerobatic company the Flying Frenchies.
The Flying Frenchies said in a statement: “He was one of the best in Base jump, highline, wingsuit and other water sports. He was also a climber and a high-level sportsman. He and his friends were seen as the pioneers of the skyline.”
Friends said Melet had been “in love with circus and acrobatic performance” and left behind “wonderful memories, a taste of freedom”.
Born in Meurthe-et-Moselle, eastern France, Melet grew up in the Hérault. It was at the Verdon Gorge that he discovered his love of mountain climbing.
He had a daughter with his partner, Tiphaine Breillot.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/jan/08/french-daredevil-falls-to-death-while-preparing-for-tightrope-stunt

Sheeeeesh, not a nice way to go!

Back to top Go down

French daredevil falls to death while preparing for tightrope stunt  Empty Re: French daredevil falls to death while preparing for tightrope stunt

Post by eddie Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:02 pm

Oooh! I often watch these type of vids on YouTube - I love the daredevil stuff!
Poor guy, but at least he died doing what he loved, I guess that's the way he'd have chosen for himself.

Much as I love watching these people doing these crazy stunts, I always think they're pretty idiotic too!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down