NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stranger's Kind Act For Muslim Diners Shows There's 'Still Light In The Dark'

4 posters

Go down

Stranger's Kind Act For Muslim Diners Shows There's 'Still Light In The Dark' Empty Stranger's Kind Act For Muslim Diners Shows There's 'Still Light In The Dark'

Post by Guest Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:08 am

A group of restaurant goers were served some unexpected generosity at the end of their meal.
Eslam Mohamed, who lives in Augusta, Georgia, recently dined at an Olive Garden as part of a large group, who were all Muslim. When they received the check, they discovered their meal had been covered and their tab had the words "Paid! Merry Christmas Beautiful Family" written across it. hile the gesture was a simple one, Mohamed wrote in a viral Facebook post shared on Christmas Day that it spoke volumes to the diners. "I can't express how this act touched our hearts," he wrote. "Among all the bad things happening to Muslims and the hate speech that the presidential candidate had made lately, there is still light in the dark, there is still hope within the frustration."
Mohamed mentioned in his post that others at the restaurant could identify his group of 12 people as Muslim from their language and the hijabs worn by the women at the table. 
While it's not clear who is responsible for the kind act, Mohamed has a sweet message for them in return. 
"All ... I can say to who did that -- Merry Christmas to you too and God bless such a beautiful heart you have."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/eslam-mohamed-olive-garden-check_56829f26e4b0b958f65a647b?cps=gravity_2082_-4313040595239499924

Back to top Go down

Stranger's Kind Act For Muslim Diners Shows There's 'Still Light In The Dark' Empty Re: Stranger's Kind Act For Muslim Diners Shows There's 'Still Light In The Dark'

Post by eddie Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:41 pm

Hmmmm.
Hope that this "beautiful heart" also bought some meals for the homeless
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Stranger's Kind Act For Muslim Diners Shows There's 'Still Light In The Dark' Empty Re: Stranger's Kind Act For Muslim Diners Shows There's 'Still Light In The Dark'

Post by Guest Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:44 pm

I can't see anyone who recognises the prejudice that Muslims face in the USA as the moment, not also recognising the plight of the homeless.  I find that people who feel for one, feel for all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:53 pm

Not so though is it

refugees come here, are immediatley given good housing, 5 YEARS free of council taes etc and benefits
for sod all input and NO "attachment rights"

I dont see any of our homeless being treated like this

anyone spot the hypocrisy and weasle words.....???
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:00 pm

He or she did a nice gesture and that kind of person who can afford to dish out that kind of money as if its nothing could then very easily also already be giving to the homeless. So to go off unknowns, where clearly this person is genereous, where such acts are never normally one offs, I would not be so quick to judge here.

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Original Quill Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:00 pm

Didge wrote:He or she did a nice gesture and that kind of person who can afford to dish out that kind of money as if its nothing could then very easily also already be giving to the homeless. So to go off unknowns, where clearly this person is genereous, where such acts are never normally one offs, I would not be so quick to judge here.

I agree, didge.  It was a beautiful, spontaneous act of kindness.  It was never intended as a detraction from the plight of the homeless.

The only point to a comparison is to motivate a similar act where needed.  I trust those who have expressed concern for the homeless will now do something similar for them.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down