NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A message to everyone

4 posters

Go down

A message to everyone Empty A message to everyone

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:33 pm

I started this site for people to enjoy it. It was begun for me, Lurker, veya and a bunch of our old friends to enjoy -- nothing more.

It's rapidly consuming more of my time than I would prefer and becoming an unpleasant experience to moderate. I give of my time and don't get paid for this.

Here's what we're going to do:

ANYBODY who persists in carrying over fights from previous forums will be dealt with. NOBODY is immune.

In fact, if I have to take down this site entirely, and invite the good eggs to register at a new one that I set up, I'll do it in a heartbeat rather than sift through any more crybaby bullshit from In a Flap, TTS or any other forum.

Please don't test me.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

A message to everyone Empty Re: A message to everyone

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:35 pm

bump
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:43 pm

Noted, I for one don't want this closed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:49 pm

OK guys while I have been taking a little bit of guilty pleasure watching some other guy take the kind of bollocks I had to put up with and mistakenly tried to fix I think things are going a bit far here. The nice people of this forum do not have the foggiest idea of the crucible of hell that spawned the vitriolic bitch fighting that ex flaps, speak easy etc indulge in and simply do not deserve what has landed on their laps.

ADO is open again and is returned to the original no moderators minimal moderation do what the hell you like and admin will ignore you standards that you people seem to crave while spending your every waking second there demanding it is changed. Please take the bitch slapping and moaning there - I at least do know where you are coming from and will let you post the most detailed insulting descriptions of each other your fetid imaginations can come up with.

Ben I apologize for this intrusion by myself but you are taking a beating you do not deserve. as for the others tell the idiots to find somewhere else to fight even if it is not ADO because trust me nothing you can possibly do will stop them except either banning the lot of them or carrying out your threat to close the forum and open a new one - I have been there and done it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:15 pm

sphinx wrote:OK guys while I have been taking a little bit of guilty pleasure watching some other guy take the kind of bollocks I had to put up with and mistakenly tried to fix I think things are going a bit far here.  The nice people of this forum do not have the foggiest idea of the crucible of hell that spawned the vitriolic bitch fighting that ex flaps, speak easy etc indulge in and simply do not deserve what has landed on their laps.

ADO is open again and is returned to the original no moderators minimal moderation do what the hell you like and admin will ignore you standards that you people seem to crave while spending your every waking second there demanding it is changed.  Please take the bitch slapping and moaning there - I at least do know where you are coming from and will let you post the most detailed insulting descriptions of each other your fetid imaginations can come up with.

Ben I apologize for this intrusion by myself but you are taking a beating you do not deserve. as for the others tell the idiots to find somewhere else to fight even if it is not ADO because trust me nothing you can possibly do will stop them except either banning the lot of them or carrying out your threat to close the forum and open a new one - I have been there and done it.

Actually Sphinx, that's all a bit rich coming from you.

As the admin of your old ADO, you did nothing to discourage the 'vitriolic bitch fighting' that you call it. In fact, many posters repeatedly reported the abuse to you, and you refused to do anything about it, hence why it ended up a 'free for all abuse' site. It's a pity you didnt take heed of your own advice to Ben and 'tell the idiots to find somewhere else to fight' when you were admin of the old ADO, then maybe it wouldnt have descended in the chaos it ended up as.

And its a sly move to promote your site.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:53 pm

Anybody who wants to continue the kind of squabbling that I don't want to see here should feel free to go back to ADO, IAF, TTS or HELL for all I care.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:55 pm

Can I say poor TTS isn't a forum, he's a person, Codemaster on here, but I get your gist.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:57 pm

Or the RAF, PDQ, CIA, FBI, HHS, MI6, HMS or TARDIS.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:59 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Or the RAF, PDQ, CIA, FBI, HHS, MI6, HMS or TARDIS.

Or Perhaps the EDL Wink
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:01 pm

Oh don't! lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:15 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Or the RAF, PDQ, CIA, FBI, HHS, MI6, HMS or TARDIS.

"They may take away our lives, but they'll never take our freedom!"

Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:15 pm

Lol!
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:25 pm

A horse, a horse, my kingdom for a horse!

Any more stirring sayings lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:28 pm

Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:36 pm

Now that would frighten anyone lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:37 pm

Irn Bru wrote:

Ha! Remember this one Heart?    Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:41 pm

OMG Costa. No please don't.

lol
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:47 pm

Irn Bru wrote:OMG Costa. No please don't.

lol

lol! .... A fair liked that song, in fact a played it twice there! That was my first interest in football when Scotland went to the world cup in Argentina and all the hype that went with it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:54 pm

A lot of Scots went to Argentina and were never seen again lol.

Mind this one?

Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:05 pm

Irn Bru wrote:A lot of Scots went to Argentina and were never seen again lol.

Mind this one?

Oh god aye, the memories! You nearly had me standing up there in my living room chanting the chorus!!

Funny how daft songs like that, can just stir yer blood for your country!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:23 pm

I'll leave you with this one Heart, a aye still hum it tae this day! A favourite of mine, just love it! Goodnight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:15 am

Sassy wrote:Noted, I for one don't want this closed.

...Well i'm bloody scared about saying anything now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:17 am

FFS...I was told when i joined this site that i would be safe here, and that homophobia would never be allowed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:37 am

sphinx wrote:OK guys while I have been taking a little bit of guilty pleasure watching some other guy take the kind of bollocks I had to put up with and mistakenly tried to fix I think things are going a bit far here.  The nice people of this forum do not have the foggiest idea of the crucible of hell that spawned the vitriolic bitch fighting that ex flaps, speak easy etc indulge in and simply do not deserve what has landed on their laps.

ADO is open again and is returned to the original no moderators minimal moderation do what the hell you like and admin will ignore you standards that you people seem to crave while spending your every waking second there demanding it is changed.  Please take the bitch slapping and moaning there - I at least do know where you are coming from and will let you post the most detailed insulting descriptions of each other your fetid imaginations can come up with.

Hello Sphinx, you really have went from one extreme to the other, but somewhere in the middle would have done.
Sphinx..you are not forced to put up with anything.When we were on the old ADO we only expected you to deal with the odd few constantly disrupting the forum by way of harassing others almost non stop..you failed to do this and in fact in Some cases you would moan at the complainer!

We only expected you not to let personal abuse and insults come into play as well as not allowing vile lies to circulate from known trouble makers.

I note that now you have this unecessary "anything goes' rule that Flap is your first member, says a lot that does.

Most posters just want peace to either debate ,share a joke or chat without being verbally abused and having to defend themselves every time they log on and Ben seems to be doing a jolly good job here, he puts his foot down with anyone who tries to stir and that suits me fine.

That's all I have to say on the matter of ADO.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:56 am

Just comment on what is said in the comments on that article.

None of This Ahh "but I know from ADO-blah you are a racist homophob etc. "

Unless it is very direct there will be no action.
we are pretty light on moderation and don't want to have to go reading every post and saying thats racist or homopobic etc.

half the time we don't even know whats going on, you guys are just attacking each other refering to things that did not occur here.

it is getting rather tiresome particulalry when it occurs in unrelated threads.
(this is not just to you catman, applies to all)
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:00 am

veya_victaous wrote:Just comment on what is said in the comments on that article.

None of This Ahh "but I know from ADO-blah  you are a racist homophob etc. "

Unless it is very direct there will be no action.
we are pretty light on moderation and don't want to have to go reading every post and saying thats racist or homopobic etc.

half the time we don't even know whats going on, you guys are just attacking each other refering to things that did not occur here.

it is getting rather tiresome particulalry when it occurs in unrelated threads.
(this is not just to you catman, applies to all)

TBF...The recent spat between myself and Kaka, that related to what he called me on here, calling me the female tense of my name on here and that had nothing to do with anywhere else.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:07 am

...Just edit the post to Phil/Phiilip/Catman

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:18 am

Really,  Question 
Cause I find that level of name calling acceptable
It is a Primary school level insult,  and should just be shrugged off (or a whitty response given).

this is an Adults forum that is why we swear and stuff. we don't want to go the full PC 'be careful what you say' route or be supervising everyone.

PS. I can/will hit edit IF i see it. from now on.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:36 am

veya_victaous wrote:Really,  Question 
It is a Primary school level insult,  and should just be shrugged off (or a whitty response given).

this is an Adults forum that is why we swear and stuff. we don't want to go the full PC 'be careful what you say' route or be supervising everyone.

....Perhaps it's an old school thing...It's the way that the homophobic guys used to bully the gay guys....Call the gay guys female names etc...

TBF....That is where our struggle against oppression started, it's a bit like using the 'N' word etc....I will never apologize for fighting against those words, just like Rosa Parks refused to get at the back of the bus.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:46 am

Catman wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:Really,  Question 

....Perhaps it's an old school thing...It's the way that the homophobic guys used to bully the gay guys....Call the gay guys female names etc...

TBF....That is where our struggle against oppression started, it's a bit like using the 'N' word etc....I will never apologize for fighting against those words, just like Rosa Parks refused to get at the back of the bus.

The Problem maybe that you didn't notice....
All the Boys Got Called Girl version of their name if it was possible. (fuck I still do it to my Brothers and they are both straight, but names are easily converted)
if they reacted the kept getting called it.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:56 am

u c to me words are just words, I don’t like the way people won’t say nigger. TO me Niger is a Black Labrador my Grandparents owned, they are French and Niger is French for Black. For grandparents they were not particularly racist.

Words are just words, unless they are written in law they are meaningless. Actions are what matter, both your own and others. Someone can spew shit all they want but if they are not going to convert it to actions then it just dribbles down their chin. (so keep that mental image next time Kaka gets ranting)
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:30 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Catman wrote:

The Problem maybe that you didn't notice....
All the Boys Got Called Girl version of their name if it was possible.  (fuck I still do it to my Brothers and they are both straight, but names are easily converted)
if they reacted the kept getting called it.

...Well it's just to ignore it or stay passive!

I've ignored for so many years at school, then i snapped and beat up my abuser, then he never crossed me again.

I've been down every avenue...From what i've learnt...Fight fire with fire!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:34 am

It doesn't work to be passive.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:47 am

Catman wrote:FFS...I was told when i joined this site that i would be safe here, and that homophobia would never be allowed.

There are now far too many threads for me to read everything on this site and still have a semblance of a life. Please let me or another admin know if someone says something like that.

As far as being afraid to say anything, I'm just tired of:

"On ADO you were this and that"

"Well everybody knows that you went to Blahblahlady on IAF and said behind her back that and this"

"Yeah, well, if you check the records from 2005, you'll find that Yadaguy got banned from WhoGivesAHolyFuckForums for three hours because he called the admin a doodie-head"
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:54 am

@catman
Look I know how you feel.....In some cases I condone violence.  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Wink 
A message to everyone Tcpip-434

Like Ben said we were just doing this for fun, we are not full time admins/mods we got jobs and lives etc. And we are in different time zones so you will have to give us some time to edit posts and point out if you feel something is over the line.

And all that stuff about other forums is really annoying.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down