NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A&E visits for alcohol poisoning 'double in six years'

4 posters

Go down

A&E visits for alcohol poisoning 'double in six years' Empty A&E visits for alcohol poisoning 'double in six years'

Post by eddie Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:07 pm

six years, with the highest rate among females aged 15 to 19, a report has found.
Emergency admissions due to the effects of alcohol, such as liver disease, have also risen by more than 50% in nine years to 250,000 a year in England.
Rates were highest in deprived areas and in the north, and among men aged 45-64, the Nuffield Trust revealed.
The government said it had banned the lowest priced drinks.
The Nuffield Trust said their figures were an underestimate of the impact of drinking because they did not include alcohol-fuelled falls and fights, just illnesses such as alcohol poisoning and liver disease.
Nor do they count people who come to A&E drunk and are then sent home without being treated or admitted as a patient.
Bingers and chronic boozers
Half of all A&E attendances likely to be due to alcohol poisoning - when a person drinks a toxic amount of alcohol, usually over a short period of time - took place on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday, peaking between midnight and 2am.

Young women aged 15 to 19 were admitted to hospital for alcohol poisoning 1.4 times as often as young men in the same age group.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-35151246

Are younger people drinking more than they used to, or isn't just being reported more?
It's quite a high number! We used to drink as teens, and get a little merry, but I don't ever remember any of us going to hospital for over-drinking!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

A&E visits for alcohol poisoning 'double in six years' Empty Re: A&E visits for alcohol poisoning 'double in six years'

Post by nicko Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:14 pm

I agree, anyone taken to Hospital because they are drunk should be fined at least £500.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

A&E visits for alcohol poisoning 'double in six years' Empty Re: A&E visits for alcohol poisoning 'double in six years'

Post by Guest Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:20 pm

in england only i believe

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:31 pm

and of course

she's pissed, he's pissed
they decide to "get it together"

the following morning

she's a "victim"

he's a rapist

Rolling Eyes
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:32 pm

And Whiskey should be £60 a bottle!!!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:58 pm

nicko wrote:And Whiskey should be £60 a bottle!!!

Oy! I drink whiskey!! affraid

It's a pretty sad state of affairs though, these figures. Why are children today drinking so much?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:16 am

[I like a tot myself]
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down