NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Racist Cartoon in Rupert Murdoch's The Australian

+5
veya_victaous
Ben Reilly
Victorismyhero
Raggamuffin
Major
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Racist Cartoon in Rupert Murdoch's The Australian - Page 2 Empty Racist Cartoon in Rupert Murdoch's The Australian

Post by Guest Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:31 am

First topic message reminder :

After the COP21 in Paris

Racist Cartoon in Rupert Murdoch's The Australian - Page 2 CWPy9bWW4AAPyvF

What a disgusting man he is.

Back to top Go down

Racist Cartoon in Rupert Murdoch's The Australian - Page 2 Empty Re: Racist Cartoon in Rupert Murdoch's The Australian

Post by veya_victaous Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:57 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Richard The Lionheart wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Why is what Veya thinks so important? He claims he's not a leftie anyway.

because Ben very much respects him and I bet now also sassy will back track also, now that hs has stated the artist has done many works that are hard hitting and not racist

Oh right. Yes, I've never seen Ben disagree with Veya about anything.

We do, but the arguments are more presenting different points of view rather than the open hostility.

Plus having know each other for over a decade we sort of know each other point of view. And most are similar

And You really have to be an Asshole to get Ben Mad.
If it is obvious ben respects me then I am very proud as I respect ben greatly.
Racist Cartoon in Rupert Murdoch's The Australian - Page 2 2984306523
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Racist Cartoon in Rupert Murdoch's The Australian - Page 2 Empty Re: Racist Cartoon in Rupert Murdoch's The Australian

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:04 am

guess that makes me an asshole then...

cos I just know i can "press his buttons"

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:07 am

Lord Foul wrote:guess that makes me an asshole then...

Think you are deluding yourself Victor, he's more likely to raise his eyes the the heavens and think 'grumpy old git it off on one again' like I do Razz geek

Last edited by sassy on Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:09 am

Richard The Lionheart wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:is there anything particularly inherently wrong with caricaturing the third world though veya..
as I said its what cartoonists do

I think the message is actually quite powerful

whats te point of sending them solar tech...if they are starving???

I did say there is some legitimacy to the commentary and i don't think the cartoonist meant it to be spiteful the to the 3rd world, but can see how it could be interpreted that way when you don't take into account it is immediately after an announcement that a a large portion of our overseas aide would now be linked to renewable energy targets.

I think there is a point to giving them Electricity even when starving, since we can also give them hydroponic setups and water purifiers that need electricity. and renewable power sources don't need fuel so are that much more effective for them.

But this is the point it is how wrongly some people see something when many of us did not see it that way but of the plight of starving people.
Some sadly here constantly view anything with colourization, which is inherantly wrong and actually make racism far worse. They fail to grasp the message even after many of us reasoned our points, and where I bet now they will agree only after a fellow lefty states he knows other works of the artists.

See the problem is, it is still a bit Racist particularly out of context.
But I agree that people do jump to conclusions pretty quick and sometimes argue for the hell of it because the other team are going the other way.

I catch myself doing it. Like now, I want to disagree but you are basically correct. BUT it is not just the LEFT look at the times Raggs and TM call me racist even when I use terms  like 'some brits'
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:15 am

Lord Foul wrote:guess that makes me an asshole then...

And PROUD OF IT really the devil really the devil really the devil really the devil really the devil

veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:26 am

may the fleas of a thousand camels infest YOUR asshole
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:29 am

Lord Foul wrote:may the fleas of a thousand camels infest YOUR asshole

After reading that I just can't help it with a lol!
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:40 am

Here's another one by the same cartoonist which is even more disgusting that the Indian one.

http://www.crikey.com.au/2014/08/04/critics-fail-to-see-the-funny-side-of-smh-and-oz-gaza-cartoons/?wpmp_switcher=mobile
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:48 am

He really is a revolting lump of dog shit isn't he.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:48 am

given what we know, and given the frequent imagery of children brandishing weapons, and being brainwashed into martyrdom (not ALL of which are faked I'm quite sure) there is a sad and awful truth in that one. one one hand I agree for someone who has lost a child and isnt into the terrorist mindset its not nice at all. On te other it is quite plain that there is a cadre that DO think like that....

insensitive???...doubtless
over cynical?? possibly

but revealing an awful truth...almost certainly

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:49 am

Lord Foul wrote:given what we know, and given the frequent imagery of children brandishing weapons, and being brainwashed into martyrdom (not ALL of which are faked I'm quite sure) there is a sad and awful truth in that one. one one hand I agree for someone who has lost a child and isnt into the terrorist mindset its not nice at all. On te other it is quite plain that there is a cadre that DO think like that....

insensitive???...doubtless
over cynical?? possibly

but revealing an awful truth...almost certainly

No, there really isn't and no it's nreally not.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:54 am

Sending your kid out to play and get killed in the process just so that someone can win the PR war!

Absolutely not. No-one, not even a Hamas figfhter would ever do that.

Propaganda at it's very worst.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:56 am

you know what sassy...

i recon you and didge in some twisted manner actually deserve one another

you are both blind as bats.....

both sides in this have done things which negate their claims to be "right" and BOTH need a royal kick up the arse

ganted one side should actually know better, but that changes little......
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:57 am

Irn Bru wrote:Sending your kid out to play and get killed in the process just so that someone can win the PR war!

you know some then ??

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:59 am

Irn Bru wrote:Sending your kid out to play and get killed in the process just so that someone can win the PR war!

Exactly.  I've listened to the pain of Palestinians who have had a child killed.  As the clergyman said in the link you put up, no-one loves their kids more than Palestinians do.  The fact that people believe the propaganda put out by the Israeli hasbara machine is the sadest thing of the lot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:00 am

Lord Foul wrote:

you know some then ??

I don't and neither do you but we can speak up and state our opinions which is what I have done.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:04 am

exactly Irn....

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:05 am

Irn Bru wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:

I don't and neither do you but we can speak up and state our opinions which is what I have done.

Well, my friend is a well known peace activist in Palestine and sends me information nearly every day.  The Palestinians are terrified for their children.  So many videos showing them shot and then a knife thrown down beside them.  Their children are being murdered every day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:09 am

Or this, raising the Palestinian flag on the Palestinian side of the Gaza border

In his words:

He was just raising the flag,
He was not armed, he was not hostile, his act was not a threat to their security and didnt cause any damage of what so ever, he was just peacefully protesting and tried to raise the flag to demonstrate his rejection to the occupation, YET he was shot by Zionist occupation forces, and this is how Palestinian citizens are killed on daily basis, just because they are showing, expressing, demonstrating their Rejection to the illegal Zionist occupation of Palestine, just asking for freedom, and this is not too much to ask for in the 21st century, 14 December 2015.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:18 am

sassy wrote:He really is a revolting lump of dog shit isn't he.

Racist Cartoon in Rupert Murdoch's The Australian - Page 2 LeakBA2
Same artist
He is not racsit he is an asshole though geek

he is brutal in his assessments of ALL Political groups. And often Sarcastic
He is a defender of Refugees and often highlight racist dumb policies
Plus the Hypocrisy of some complaints from the Right.

Racist Cartoon in Rupert Murdoch's The Australian - Page 2 Ctpic01
Racist Cartoon in Rupert Murdoch's The Australian - Page 2 869518-leak-refugees
Racist Cartoon in Rupert Murdoch's The Australian - Page 2 698048-bill-leak-110103
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:14 am

Lord Foul wrote:you know what sassy...

i recon you and didge in some twisted manner actually deserve one another

you are both blind as bats.....

both sides in this have done things which negate their claims to be "right" and BOTH need a royal kick up the arse

ganted one side should actually know better, but that changes little......

Which shows you understand very little about moral equivalence.

I have stated that I against Israel settelements, but lets face some home truths here. Israel from its creation has been attacked by the Arab nations, and  to view Palestinians as victims, when through their leadership are the aggressors. Would be like claiming Nazi Germany was a victim for attacking Poland and losing a conflict which saw millions of German women raped, hundreds of thousands shot out of hand and 16 million displaced many by the allies. We do not see Germans commit to terrorism due to the wrongs committed by both Polish and Russians troops commiting attrocities in Germany, as many Germans knew what they had done in their countries was attrocities. And the Palestinians never suffered anything like this How many terrorist attacks have we seen by Germans since WW2 in Poland and Russia due to the events at the end of WW2? The Arabs lost and yet keep countless refugees in linmo in the false hope to move them into Israel, when these Arabs have no intention of becoming Israeli citizens.

If we went off this flawed philsoophy, should Poland and Slovakia accept the return of well over 45 to 55 Million Germans descended from the 16 million German refugees of WW2? What do you think would happen to Poland and Slovakia? Do you think they would want Polish or Slovakian citizen staus? Again the nationality of Palestinians was only invented to be in opposition to Israel. They refuse to accept the state of Israel and yet I still condemn israel for wrongs where sassy, Irn never condemn and the two Muslim extremists on here have no care or wish to recognise Israel either. They want only a one state solution and refuse to recognise Israel based off a false belef the lands should be Muslim controlled. Where the Arabs once conquered the lands themselves. Again the PA charter of 1964 did not view Jordan or Eygpt of being in occupation of the west bank and gaza, even though they were in occupation and neither created an independent Palestinian state when they could have but continued to occupy them. Where was the ressistance to this? It never existed because the view was to claim Israel was in occupation an they werre happy under a Muslim majority control by other Jordanian Arabs?

Hamas attack israel without justification and wish for the extermination of Jews. They use humans to protect their weapons, morally repungent and a war crime, this also increases the amount of human casulties and yet you never here the above posters condemn this. The people of Gaza are in doctrinated with martydom and after being warned by Israel, hamas demands the people stay to again ensure as many casulties as possible. This is backed up by the fact they do not buil human sheilds, so again you seem to fail to grasp moral equivalence as imagine Israel using its own citizens to protect its own tanks? So what is israel to do if citizens willing remain, well, those who remain become willing participants to a conflict as stated by international law.

What is Israel to do in such a situation, not attack weapons that are aimed at to indiscrminately attack israel or then bow down to then Hamas use andget away with defending all its weapons with humans as shields. So ask yourself what would you do if daily you were under attack by your neighbours because they refuse to accept that you should live. They from the start refuse to accept your home and your righnt to live there. Daily your family have little time to run to the bomb shelters you have provide top protect them and you have counter weapons that take out many of the weapons fired at you, but this is not enough and you face casulties and even deaths to your family. So do you not hit back at the weapons that are causing your daily life to be a mare? When those attacking you are using humans as shields to protect these weapons, or do you place the safety of your family first and foremost?

There are wrongs certainly done by Israel of which I have constantly condemned, but how you can ignore what if in any other conflict you would rightly condemn Victor shows you pander to these lefties  because you place daft friendships other what is morally right. I ma not afraid to speak out on wrongs no matter friendships and that is your failing through years of knowing them. Again ask yourself some simple points, why is it Israel has achieved peace with former enemeies and that at every turn the Palestinian authorities do not do so, when there is nothing stopping them from doing so. 3 times they could have had a state and no lives would have been lost if they had of recognise the state of israel to exist from the start. Jordan and Egypt could have also created a Palestinian state, they never did. World war two started off Both Russia and Germany refusing to recognise the state of Poland from the start and that cost 60 million lives. How many more lives have to be lost until people recognise peaces comes to those who really want peace and the aggressors in this conflict the Jordanian Arabs, called palestinians have consistantaly continued a conflict through the PA, Hamas and Fatah?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:53 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Oh right. Yes, I've never seen Ben disagree with Veya about anything.

We do, but the arguments are more presenting different points of view rather than the open hostility.

Plus having know each other for over a decade we sort of know each other point of view. And most are similar

And You really have to be an Asshole to get Ben Mad.
If it is obvious ben respects me then I am very proud as I respect ben greatly.
Racist Cartoon in Rupert Murdoch's The Australian - Page 2 2984306523

Yes - you both think that telling someone you hope they die of cancer is perfectly OK, for example - I suppose that counts as mutual "respect".
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:09 am

Stormee wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Yes - you both think that telling someone you hope they die of cancer is perfectly OK, for example - I suppose that counts as mutual "respect".

Where does it say that Miss Ragga?

It was a while back Stormee. I came across it again when I was looking for something else the other day.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:04 pm

Stormee wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

It was a while back Stormee. I came across it again when I was looking for something else the other day.

Obviously I believe you but find it so difficult to do so, what sort of reprehensible scumbag would say such a wicked evil, vile thing.?
Incidentally I did see it said years ago on one of Mickys forums which is now defunct..

The person who said it will say that in the context it was a fair comment. I disagreed at the time, and I still do, but hey ...
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:45 pm

Know what?
I think people have just forgotten how to laugh and take everything way too fucking seriously.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:50 pm

eddie wrote:Know what?
I think people have just forgotten how to laugh and take everything way too fucking seriously.

Wait. Wait. Weren't you all over Ben for his political correctness failures a week or so ago.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:59 pm

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:Know what?

Wait.  Wait.  Weren't you all over Ben for his political correctness failures a week or so ago.

What political correctness failures? Did he make a joke that I said wasn't funny?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:56 pm

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Wait.  Wait.  Weren't you all over Ben for his political correctness failures a week or so ago.

What political correctness failures? Did he make a joke that I said wasn't funny?

I don't know where it was. He made some reference to disabled children, or something.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:49 pm

Oh I remember that. I don't think eddie pulled him up for it though except to mention double standards. It was Vic who pulled him up.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:06 pm

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I don't know where it was.  He made some reference to disabled children, or something.

As rags pointed out, above

So in answer to your question:

No.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2