NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Muslim anti-radicalism activist detained in Texas because airline passengers thought he looked scary

3 posters

Go down

Muslim anti-radicalism activist detained in Texas because airline passengers thought he looked scary Empty Muslim anti-radicalism activist detained in Texas because airline passengers thought he looked scary

Post by Guest Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:14 pm

FacebookTumblrMore
Muslim anti-radicalism activist detained in Texas because airline passengers thought he looked scary Dr-Bilal-Rana-speaks-to-ABC-News-via-screencap-800x430
Image: Dr Bilal Rana speaks to ABC News (Screen cap)
Don't miss stories. Follow Raw Story!

A Muslim anti-radicalization advocate was detained by authorities after landing at Houston’s Hobby Airport because other passengers on his flight from Newark thought he looked suspicious.
According to ABC News, Dr. Bilal Rana is an anesthesiologist who was returning home to Houston after a conference in New Jersey when he was taken into custody and interrogated.
Rana — who is the president of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Youth Association, a youth group that seeks to prevent Muslim teens from embracing radicalism — said that he believes another passenger profiled him based on his appearance and acted out of fear. Flight crew deactivated the wireless Internet on his flight from Newark and he was greeted by the FBI on landing.
After an hours-long ordeal — which took place on Nov. 15 — Rana wrote about his experience for Time magazine that told readers “I’m not your enemy. I’m your biggest ally.”
“To those who saw me as a threat,” he wrote:

“I hope you never know what it feels like to have a group of police officers single you out. I hope you never know what it is like to be frisked while standing in front of a plane full of passengers. I hope you never suffer the embarrassment of watching mothers hold their children tightly as you walk by them.
I hope you never feel the humiliation of having your belongings confiscated out of your hands, or being surrounded by cops who refer to you as ‘the subject’ on their walkie talkies. I hope you never have to, for the first time in your life, sit in the back of a police car.

I hope you get a chance to explain who you are before you are judged. I’m not your enemy. I’m your biggest ally.”

The 36-year-old father of five told ABC that the run-in with authorities embarrassed and humiliated him more than it angered him.
“It was embarrassing, very embarrassing that I could be assumed to be that type of person. It hurts, but I don’t profess to be a victim. I understand law enforcement has to do their job and I respect and support them. I always have,” he said.
“I recognize this as an opportunity to any Muslims out there, I’d want them to be patient, be graceful, rise above it,” he urged.
“My intention is to try to bridge this gulf between Muslims and non-Muslims. We need to talk to each other,” he concluded.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/12/Muslim-anti-radicalism-activist-detained-in-texas-because-airline-passengers-thought-he-looked-scary/#.VmfPvqRwwPU.twitter

Well, if this keeps up Daesh will win.  The want Muslims not to be accepted so they can so 'we told you so'.  Carry on people, bloody morons.

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Muslim anti-radicalism activist detained in Texas because airline passengers thought he looked scary Empty Re: Muslim anti-radicalism activist detained in Texas because airline passengers thought he looked scary

Post by Guest Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:40 pm

Tell me, do you find Germans scary?  Bearing in mind what they did during the war?  How about the Japanese, they did some foul things, scared of them are you.  Do you jump if you hear an Irish accent?  No/  Why not?  How about a Serbian one, they have killed and murdered quite a few.  You're just a racist who wants to find an excuse for your racism.  You disgust me.

Back to top Go down

Muslim anti-radicalism activist detained in Texas because airline passengers thought he looked scary Empty Re: Muslim anti-radicalism activist detained in Texas because airline passengers thought he looked scary

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:41 pm

People are just a bit twitchy at the moment because of the recent events. It's perfectly natural really. After 7/7 I daresay people were suspicious of Asian men carrying rucksacks.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:42 pm

I think, being a man of obvious education, he should maybe understand how people might feel?
If the roles were reversed, I think I'd understand.

I'm not saying it's easy, or nice or even tolerable....but it's fair, given the circumstances.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:46 pm

Sorry Eddie, but that's rubbish.  Are we going to pander to peoples racism, do exactly what Daesh want, make Muslims feel they can't live with us?  Because that is exactly what Daesh have said they want, and this is helping them to get it.

And no, it's not fair, especially in America where they have had so much non Muslim violence.  What about the man who shot up the cinema, going vet every white man going to the cinema?  Or the white boy that shot up the church?  Going to vet every kid that goes near a church?  It's racism through and through.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:49 pm

sassy wrote:Sorry Eddie, but that's rubbish.  Are we going to pander to peoples racism, do exactly what Daesh want, make Muslims feel they can't live with us?  Because that is exactly what Daesh have said they want, and this is helping them to get it.

And no, it's not fair, especially in America where they have had so much non Muslim violence.  What about the man who shot up the cinema, going vet every white man going to the cinema?  Or the white boy that shot up the church?  Going to vet every kid that goes near a church?  It's racism through and through.

It's not racism, it's fear. It's probably temporary so stop fretting about it.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:52 pm

Nope, it's fear that's stoked up by those who want the world in that position and it's allowing the racism underneath to come to the surface and it needs to be stamped on quick, before we all go down the drain.  It's exactly what Hitler did, but it seems many are quite happy to go back down that road.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:58 pm

sassy wrote:Nope, it's fear that's stoked up by those who want the world in that position and it's allowing the racism underneath to come to the surface and it needs to be stamped on quick, before we all go down the drain.  It's exactly what Hitler did, but it seems many are quite happy to go back down that road.

It's fear because several terrorist attacks have been carried out by people who look Asian/Arabic and who are Muslims. You can't necessarily tell who's a Muslim by looking at them, but there is an assumption there. If there had been a spate of terrorist attacks by white middle aged woman carrying large handbags, the result would be the same.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:00 pm

Yes Kaka, whatever, stick your racism where the sun don't shine, where it belongs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:01 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
sassy wrote:Nope, it's fear that's stoked up by those who want the world in that position and it's allowing the racism underneath to come to the surface and it needs to be stamped on quick, before we all go down the drain.  It's exactly what Hitler did, but it seems many are quite happy to go back down that road.

It's fear because several terrorist attacks have been carried out by people who look Asian/Arabic and who are Muslims. You can't necessarily tell who's a Muslim by looking at them, but there is an assumption there. If there had been a spate of terrorist attacks by white middle aged woman carrying large handbags, the result would be the same.

Oh yea, that'll work in America then, where many of the people shooting the place up are white.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:02 pm

sassy wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Oh yea, that'll work in America then, where many of the people shooting the place up are white.

But there are more white people. An Asian man in certain areas might not be as common.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:03 pm

sassy wrote:Yes Kaka, whatever, stick your racism where the sun don't shine, where it belongs.

He's not Kaka. You need to stop this.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:04 pm

He might not be Kaka on the forum you have seen him on.  He's Kaka though, who has always said he's on other forums under different names.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:04 pm

sassy wrote:He might not be Kaka on the forum you have seen him on.  He's Kaka though, who has always said he's on other forums under different names.

He's not like the Kaka on Flap.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down