NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lord Tebbit: Would you feel safe flying with a transsexual Muslim airline pilot?

+4
Phoenix
Eilzel
Fred Moletrousers
Beekeeper
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Lord Tebbit: Would you feel safe flying with a transsexual Muslim airline pilot? Empty Lord Tebbit: Would you feel safe flying with a transsexual Muslim airline pilot?

Post by Guest Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:48 pm

Lord Tebbit: Would you feel safe flying with a transsexual Muslim airline pilot? Tebbit

In an article about civil service reform, Lord Tebbit managed to get on to the subject of transgender Muslim flight crew.

Writing for the Telegraph website, the former Conservative cabinet minister and ex-Tory chairman accused successive governments, from Tony Blair to David Cameron, of being preoccupied with political correctness when it came to the appointment of civil servants.

He wrote: “At the heart of the Blair reforms was the utterly insane dictum that ‘the senior ranks of the civil service should be representative of the community it serves’.

“Try putting that into practice elsewhere. Who would feel safer if just before take-off the pilot of the airliner told the passengers that she had been promoted to command because they needed more transsexual Muslim captains to meet the airline’s inclusivity target?

“The senior ranks of the civil service, flight deck crews, surgeons, or any job should be comprised of the best candidates regardless of sexual orientation, gender, ethnic origin or religion.

“I did not support Margaret Thatcher because she was a woman any more than I support Savid Javid or Priti Patel because of their ethnicity. I support them for their qualities as politicians.”

Before going into politics Lord Tebbit was a pilot in the RAF and for British Overseas Airways (which became British Airways in 1974).

Earlier this month, Lord Tebbit said Tim Yeo’s “dodgy” views, such as supporting equal marriage, contributed to his de-selection as a 2015 Tory parliamentary candidate.

However, the MP had faced criticism from within his constituency that he spent little time in the area.

Lord Tebbit was one of the staunchest opponents against the government’s decision to legalise equal marriage during the debates in the House of Lords last year.

He said that David Cameron had “fucked things up” by introducing same-sex marriage, as it would lead to incestuous or polygamous marriage.

The peer also argued that gay people are not currently discriminated against as a gay man has the same right to marry a woman as he does.

By coincidence, the first same-sex weddings in England and Wales will take place on the 82-year-old’s birthday, Saturday 29 March.

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2014/02/20/lord-tebbit-feel-safe-flying-transsexual-muslim-airline-pilot/

What an odious example of RW vermin, reminds me of some of the RW tards that post here.

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Lord Tebbit: Would you feel safe flying with a transsexual Muslim airline pilot? Empty Re: Lord Tebbit: Would you feel safe flying with a transsexual Muslim airline pilot?

Post by Fred Moletrousers Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:04 pm

Beekeeper wrote:Shocked 

ONLY 82 years old ?    He looks 102 !!

A better question would be :

WOULD you feel equally safe flying with Lord Tebbit at the controls ???

People did so, once. It would be unusual if they did so now, given his age.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Lord Tebbit: Would you feel safe flying with a transsexual Muslim airline pilot? Empty Re: Lord Tebbit: Would you feel safe flying with a transsexual Muslim airline pilot?

Post by Eilzel Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:08 pm

He is a ridiculous parody of a miserable old little Englander now; a caricature cartoon conservative who actually does a grand job of highlighting just how ridiculous are all those who share his imbecilic views.

Of course if a Transsexual Muslim WAS a pilot I would feel very safe knowing they must have passed all the necessary training.

Tebbit is an absolute Grade A pillock- and shut be kept away from society for his own safety- the nutter.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:39 pm

Agree with you completely Les. I'd certainly feel safer with a transgender Muslim pilot than one who had been drinking himself silly the night before.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:59 pm

Eilzel wrote:He is a ridiculous parody of a miserable old little Englander now; a caricature cartoon conservative who actually does a grand job of highlighting just how ridiculous are all those who share his imbecilic views.

Of course if a Transsexual Muslim WAS a pilot I would feel very safe knowing they must have passed all the necessary training.

Tebbit is an absolute Grade A pillock- and shut be kept away from society for his own safety- the nutter.

Lez, have you ever considered that Tebbit has, actually, quite a lot to be miserable about?

The Provo IRA injured him and damn near killed his wife, leaving her a helpless cripple in need of his constant care.

He defended his country and almost died in the cockpit of a burning fighter aircraft.

I don't agree with a lot of what the man says - far from it - but I honestly think that dismissing him as a "ridiculous parody" and "a Grade A pillock" is a bit much, and, I'm sorry to say, an example of the rather nasty ageism that is tending to encroach into this forum...something which naturally interests me.

I would hope that I would always enter into your defence against homophobia; you might at least have a little respect and consideration for elderly folk, even if they are Tories with set, unfashionable ideas.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:04 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
Eilzel wrote:He is a ridiculous parody of a miserable old little Englander now; a caricature cartoon conservative who actually does a grand job of highlighting just how ridiculous are all those who share his imbecilic views.

Lez, have you ever considered that Tebbit has, actually, quite a lot to be miserable about?

The Provo IRA injured him and damn near killed his wife, leaving her a helpless cripple in need of his constant care.

He defended his country and almost died in the cockpit of a burning fighter aircraft.

I don't agree with a lot of what the man says - far from it - but I honestly think that dismissing him as a "ridiculous parody" and "a Grade A pillock" is a bit much, and, I'm sorry to say, an example of the rather nasty ageism that is tending to encroach into this forum...something which naturally interests me.

I would hope that I would always enter into your defence against homophobia; you might at least have a little respect and consideration for elderly folk, even if they are Tories with set, unfashionable ideas.

First of all; someones suffering does not justify bigoted attitudes (and Tebbit IS a bigot) and outright ignorance. Many others suffer and remain decent, nice, civil human beings (though as WE all know first hand some stew in their misery and become bitter....)  Smile 

It isn't ageism however- I used the word 'old' once and he is old. To suggest ageism is absurd- 'miserable old git' is something regularly said, not even always at those who are old! I hardly go around condemning Paddy Ashdown or Ian McKellen for instance- but then they don't come out with senile gibberish  Wink  The rest is simple observation.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:05 pm

Sassy wrote:Agree with you completely Les.   I'd certainly feel safer with a transgender Muslim pilot than one who had been drinking himself silly the night before.

I just think it demonstrates perfectly the kind of man he is- for no reason going out of his way to offend Muslims and Transsexual people- for what? Nastiness for the sake of it.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:10 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

First of all; someones suffering does not justify bigoted attitudes (and Tebbit IS a bigot) and outright ignorance. Many others suffer and remain decent, nice, civil human beings (though as WE all know first hand some stew in their misery and become bitter....)  Smile 

It isn't ageism however- I used the word 'old' once and he is old. To suggest ageism is absurd- 'miserable old git' is something regularly said, not even always at those who are old! I hardly go around condemning Paddy Ashdown or Ian McKellen for instance- but then they don't come out with senile gibberish  Wink  The rest is simple observation.

I beg to disagree. And I sincerely hope that the end of your opening paragraph is not directed at me. If it is, I shall excuse you on the grounds that you don't know me; I have a life outside this place and am most content with it, given the circumstances.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:11 pm

Moley, with what Tebbit has had to put up with and the bombing etc, I could have forgiven him more if he had cited 'Irishmen who had been on a bender'. Your argument would have been logical then. As it was, picking out muslim and transgender was obviously done for a reason, and a nasty one at that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:12 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

I beg to disagree. And I sincerely hope that the end of your opening paragraph is not directed at me. If it is, I shall excuse you on the grounds that you don't know me; I have a life outside this place and am most content with it, given the circumstances.

Why would it be about you? Les was obviously pointing out older people that don't go round spouting the gibberish that Tebbit spouts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:17 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

It certainly wasn't directed at you Ed!
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:18 pm

Sassy wrote:Moley, with what Tebbit has had to put up with and the bombing etc, I could have forgiven him more if he had cited 'Irishmen who had been on a bender'.   Your argument would have been logical then.   As it was, picking out muslim and transgender was obviously done for a reason, and a nasty one at that.
Why do you find racism against the Irish acceptable? Because they're white?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:22 pm

Tess. wrote:
Sassy wrote:Moley, with what Tebbit has had to put up with and the bombing etc, I could have forgiven him more if he had cited 'Irishmen who had been on a bender'.   Your argument would have been logical then.   As it was, picking out muslim and transgender was obviously done for a reason, and a nasty one at that.

It wasn't racism, it's because he was blown up by the Irish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:26 pm

Can I say from the outset, Sassy, that I personally would be more than happy to be sitting behind, or even alongside, a Muslim transgender pilot...and I spent a little time - unsuccessfully, as it happens - training to be a pilot. (Ironically, I've flown in an aircraft of the type that Tebbit almost died in).

I don't agree with Tebbit. His perceived far Right politics are not to my liking. But he is an old man, and some old men (I hope to Christ that I don't yet quite qualify) are starting to show signs of mental degeneration and say things that they would not have dreamed of saying, or maybe even believed, a few years ago.

Personally, I would advise him - given the opportunity to do so - to refuse to do any more interviews or to write any more articles. He simply isn't up to it any more. Whether he is suffering early stage dementia or not, I just don't know...but by Christ, knowing what can face people of my age, I'm bloody well scared that I might go the same way.

All I'm pleading for is a little human charity and understanding from people who are far younger towards old gits - even if they are Tories. That's all. If that's asking too much, then frankly all I can say is that you should dread growing old.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:27 pm

Catman wrote:Lord Tebbit: Would you feel safe flying with a transsexual Muslim airline pilot? Tebbit

In an article about civil service reform, Lord Tebbit managed to get on to the subject of transgender Muslim flight crew.

Writing for the Telegraph website, the former Conservative cabinet minister and ex-Tory chairman accused successive governments, from Tony Blair to David Cameron, of being preoccupied with political correctness when it came to the appointment of civil servants.

He wrote: “At the heart of the Blair reforms was the utterly insane dictum that ‘the senior ranks of the civil service should be representative of the community it serves’.

“Try putting that into practice elsewhere. Who would feel safer if just before take-off the pilot of the airliner told the passengers that she had been promoted to command because they needed more transsexual Muslim captains to meet the airline’s inclusivity target?

“The senior ranks of the civil service, flight deck crews, surgeons, or any job should be comprised of the best candidates regardless of sexual orientation, gender, ethnic origin or religion.

“I did not support Margaret Thatcher because she was a woman any more than I support Savid Javid or Priti Patel because of their ethnicity. I support them for their qualities as politicians.”

Before going into politics Lord Tebbit was a pilot in the RAF and for British Overseas Airways (which became British Airways in 1974).

Earlier this month, Lord Tebbit said Tim Yeo’s “dodgy” views, such as supporting equal marriage, contributed to his de-selection as a 2015 Tory parliamentary candidate.

However, the MP had faced criticism from within his constituency that he spent little time in the area.

Lord Tebbit was one of the staunchest opponents against the government’s decision to legalise equal marriage during the debates in the House of Lords last year.

He said that David Cameron had “fucked things up” by introducing same-sex marriage, as it would lead to incestuous or polygamous marriage.

The peer also argued that gay people are not currently discriminated against as a gay man has the same right to marry a woman as he does.

By coincidence, the first same-sex weddings in England and Wales will take place on the 82-year-old’s birthday, Saturday 29 March.

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2014/02/20/lord-tebbit-feel-safe-flying-transsexual-muslim-airline-pilot/

What an odious example of RW vermin, reminds me of some of the RW tards that post here.

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

Vermin? then you are the excreta of vermin.

Tebbit has a point there is nothing more demeaning than targets. It is self defeating and as he says in certain professions I simply want the best person for the job.

Let me pose this question if you believe in gender equality as I do how do you then say but I think women need a helping hand. How demeaning and patronising is that.

Phoenix
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:31 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:

Can I say from the outset, Sassy, that I personally would be more than happy to be sitting behind, or even alongside, a Muslim transgender pilot...and I spent a little time - unsuccessfully, as it happens - training to be a pilot. (Ironically, I've flown in an aircraft of the type that Tebbit almost died in).

I don't agree with Tebbit. His perceived far Right politics are not to my liking. But he is an old man, and some old men (I hope to Christ that I don't yet quite qualify) are starting to show signs of mental degeneration and say things that they would not have dreamed of saying, or maybe even believed, a few years ago.

Personally, I would advise him - given the opportunity to do so - to refuse to do any more interviews or to write any more articles. He simply isn't up to it any more. Whether he is suffering early stage dementia or not, I just don't know...but by Christ, knowing what can face people of my age, I'm bloody well scared that I might go the same way.

All I'm pleading for is a little human charity and understanding from people who are far younger towards old gits - even if they are Tories. That's all. If that's asking too much, then frankly all I can say is that you should dread growing old.

I do Ed; and I'm young enough for old age to be an unthinkable future  lol! 

On Tebbit; to be fair his views on issues like this and homosexuality were not much better in the past; when his age would have been no excuse- it is more absurd now; but it wasn't exactly good then- this the man who opposed Civil Partnerships in 2004.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:32 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:

He could be suffering early stage dementia, but he seems pretty sharp on most things, and quite honestly its no different to other things he has said at different times.   Now come on Fred, my Dad is 92 on Sunday and he'd be furious if you cut him slack because of his age. Think Tony Benn and Dennis Skinner would be a bit miffed as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:36 pm

Sassy wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

He could be suffering early stage dementia, but he seems pretty sharp on most things, and quite honestly its no different to other things he has said at different times.   Now come on Fred, my Dad is 92 on Sunday and he'd be furious if you cut him slack because of his age. Think Tony Benn and Dennis Skinner would be a bit miffed as well.

My point exactly its demeaning.

Phoenix
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:41 pm

Sassy wrote:
Tess. wrote:

Hmm.  So why did you refer to the Irish "being on a bender"?  Terrorists aren't drunks - you're implying all Irish are drunks. It's not the first time you've had a go at the Irish either...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:50 pm

Tess. wrote:
Sassy wrote:

Hmm.  So why did you refer to the Irish "being on a bender"?  Terrorists aren't drunks - you're implying all Irish are drunks.  It's not the first time you've had a go at the Irish either...

No, I'm implying that the Irish like to go out on 'the crac', as they do.  

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:01 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

On Tebbit; to be fair his views on issues like this and homosexuality were not much better in the past; when his age would have been no excuse- it is more absurd now; but it wasn't exactly good then- this the man who opposed Civil Partnerships in 2004.

Lez, time moves on - and people move on with it. When I was in the RAF in the early to mid 60s gay men were loathed; positively loathed. One man in my section was beaten up when it was discovered that he was gay.

Today, I like to think that even old codgers like me are far more enlightened (though I hasten to add that I never really thought about the subject in my youth, and I suspect that I wasn't alone).

We all had far more important things to think about: Girls; whether some stupid bugger would drop a nuclear bomb on us; whether the Soviets would invade Europe...that sort of thing.

Tebbit is from the era slightly before mine and it may be true that he never moved on like many of the rest of us; I simply don't know.

It is perfectly fair for you to question the attitudes of your contemporaries; but now is now and then was then.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:07 pm

What he's saying is that people who aren't necessarily up to the job are being recruited in order to meet targets or quotas. He's not saying that a transgender person would be bad at the job.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:18 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

Lez, time moves on - and people move on with it. When I was in the RAF in the early to mid 60s gay men were loathed; positively loathed. One man in my section was beaten up when it was discovered that he was gay.

Today, I like to think that even old codgers like me are far more enlightened (though I hasten to add that I never really thought about the subject in my youth, and I suspect that I wasn't alone).

We all had far more important things to think about: Girls; whether some stupid bugger would drop a nuclear bomb on us; whether the Soviets would invade Europe...that sort of thing.

Tebbit is from the era slightly before mine and it may be true that he never moved on like many of the rest of us; I simply don't know.

It is perfectly fair for you to question the attitudes of your contemporaries; but now is now and then was then.

If he was only vocal in his negative attitudes in 1960s I might forgive him- but he remained openly opposed through the 90s and 00s- his worse comes thesedays when we should be well beyond the worse regardless of age... sorry Ed but he has said far too many things against gay people for me to have any sympathies with the man or his views.

^Ragg; I am aware of the point he was making; it's the ridiculous idea of him making it at all; and the fact he was clearly looking for the stereotype he might least likely see as fitting for the job - it is condescending to say the least.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:45 pm

He was against sanctions being imposed on the South African Apartheid government by the UK.

I believe he also said that people can't be considered British if the support a foreign cricket team playing against England. I think it may have been directed at the Scots although I can't think why Laughing
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:55 pm

The Scots have a cricket team?  Shocked :D 

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Monologues Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:59 pm

Fair do's Tebbit never minced his words he was always to the point. He got in trouble most for telling people to get on their bikes to find work.

Personally I always trusted a person who wasn't mealy mouthed you know where you stand.

Dagenham Monologues
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Monologues Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:59 pm

Sassy wrote:The Scots have a cricket team?  Shocked :D 
They don't have a rugby team worth mentioning either.

Dagenham Monologues
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:43 pm

56kevins wrote:Fair do's Tebbit never minced his words he was always to the point. He got in trouble most for telling people to get on their bikes to find work.

Personally I always trusted a person who wasn't mealy mouthed you know where you stand.

He certainly did. He was bloody stupid then as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:34 pm

56kevins wrote:
Sassy wrote:The Scots have a cricket team?  Shocked :D 
They don't have a rugby team worth mentioning either.

You dirty rat

Lord Tebbit: Would you feel safe flying with a transsexual Muslim airline pilot? Z
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:49 pm

lol!   ::lightsab:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:33 pm

I wish someone would just ask him what he thinks gender identity and religion have to do with the ability to fly an airplane.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:47 pm

56kevins wrote:Fair do's Tebbit never minced his words he was always to the point. He got in trouble most for telling people to get on their bikes to find work.

I have no problem with people being honest in their views, however distasteful. But if those views make you seem a bigoted fruitcake then surely we are allowed to be honest to and say so  Smile 
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:49 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:I wish someone would just ask him what he thinks gender identity and religion have to do with the ability to fly an airplane.

I think you're missing the point. I hate to repeat myself, but he's saying that people should not be chosen for jobs on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, ethnic origin, or religion rather than their abilities. He could have chosen a different example - he could have chosen to talk about women being recruited in order to meet "inclusivity targets". In other words, he's objecting to positive discrimination (which doesn't officially exist in the UK of course).
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:21 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:I wish someone would just ask him what he thinks gender identity and religion have to do with the ability to fly an airplane.

I think you're missing the point. I hate to repeat myself, but he's saying that people should not be chosen for jobs on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, ethnic origin, or religion rather than their abilities. He could have chosen a different example - he could have chosen to talk about women being recruited in order to meet "inclusivity targets". In other words, he's objecting to positive discrimination (which doesn't officially exist in the UK of course).

Precisely. Excellent.

Phoenix
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:26 am

First time I've looked at this - I thought it was a joke.

No, I wouldn't feel safe with one of those.

I'd think the person was a complete nutjob with a lot of issues.

I want a middle aged+ white English man with a proper English accent and a Union Flag badge on his upper arm, just the same as I want all those in government!

Nothing like a bit of reassurance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:33 am

Now why doesn't that surprise me.   Christ on a bike, your life must be so boring.   Reactionary doesn't begin to cover it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:57 am

BigAndy9 wrote:First time I've looked at this - I thought it was a joke.

I want a middle aged+ white English man with a proper English accent and a Union Flag badge on his upper arm, just the same as I want all those in government!

You sound like my ex-husband. Never fond of flying, I remember once the usual announcement was being made and the Captain was referred to as "she" - he visibly paled and said "she?", holding on to the armrests for grim life!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:58 am

Tess. wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:First time I've looked at this - I thought it was a joke.

You sound like my ex-husband.  Never fond of flying, I remember once the usual announcement was being made and the Captain was referred to as "she" - he visibly paled and said "she?", holding on to the armrests for grim life!  

Can't say I've ever come across a female pilot.

Didn't think they were allowed. Is that the little Irish gimp cutting costs again?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:59 am

I think Andy stays indoors and never does anything bless him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:07 am

BigAndy9 wrote:
Tess. wrote:

You sound like my ex-husband.  Never fond of flying, I remember once the usual announcement was being made and the Captain was referred to as "she" - he visibly paled and said "she?", holding on to the armrests for grim life!  

Didn't think they were allowed.  Is that the little Irish gimp cutting costs again?
What do you mean not allowed? There are probably loads of them. But I will admit yes it was Ryanair - and actually the landing was a bit hair-raising; it stopped so fast the seatbelt nearly cut me in half. But it was worth it to watch the ex!  :<:i}: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:08 am

Phoenix wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Precisely. Excellent.

Thank you. I realise that he probably chose an example which was going to annoy a lot of people, but his comments should be read properly before they make a judgement.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:55 am

Tess. wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

Didn't think they were allowed.  Is that the little Irish gimp cutting costs again?
What do you mean not allowed?  There are probably loads of them.  But I will admit yes it was Ryanair - and actually the landing was a bit hair-raising; it stopped so fast the seatbelt nearly cut me in half.  But it was worth it to watch the ex!    :<:i}: 

....imagine that seat belt had of succeeded ....two Tess's!! What a Face Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Monologues Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:01 pm

Tess. wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

What do you mean not allowed?  There are probably loads of them.  But I will admit yes it was Ryanair - and actually the landing was a bit hair-raising; it stopped so fast the seatbelt nearly cut me in half.  But it was worth it to watch the ex!    :<:i}: 

There are plenty great at flying but they are terrible at parking though. :D

Dagenham Monologues
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:08 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

Right, so they shouldn't be hired on the basis of being male Christians any more than for being transgendered Muslims.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:13 pm

Just to expand on that, if you're going to argue that religion and gender identity have nothing to do with your ability to fly a plane, you have to accept the possibility that you'll end up with a transgendered Muslim pilot rather than a male Christian pilot.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:16 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Right, so they shouldn't be hired on the basis of being male Christians any more than for being transgendered Muslims.

That's right. His point is that their religion, gender, sexual orientation, etc, is irrelevant. What matters is their ability to do the job. He's not saying that transgender Muslims aren't up to the job per se.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:17 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Just to expand on that, if you're going to argue that religion and gender identity have nothing to do with your ability to fly a plane, you have to accept the possibility that you'll end up with a transgendered Muslim pilot rather than a male Christian pilot.

Yes, you might - if they were the best person for the job - because of their ability to do the job.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:19 pm

On a serious note - somebody who is trans-sexual, wants to be trans-sexual or is transgendered (god knows what the ins and outs are) has mental issues and therefore shouldn't be flying a plane.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:41 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

That's right. His point is that their religion, gender, sexual orientation, etc, is irrelevant. What matters is their ability to do the job. He's not saying that transgender Muslims aren't up to the job per se.

He seems to be strongly implying it.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next