NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canada lifts all bans on Prostitution

+3
Beekeeper
veya_victaous
Ben Reilly
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Canada lifts all bans on Prostitution Empty Canada lifts all bans on Prostitution

Post by Guest Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:55 pm

Canada lifts all restrictions on prostitution
Landmark Supreme Court ruling says bans on solicitation and brothels violated sex workers' right to safety.
Last updated: 20 Dec 2013 16:24
Landmark ruling comes 34 years after the Supreme Court last upheld Canada's anti-prostitution laws [Reuters]

Canada's top court has overturned all restrictions on prostitution, declaring that existing laws violated sex workers' right to safety.

The Supreme Court of Canada struck down bans on brothels, street solicitation, and living on the earnings of prostitution in a unanimous 9-0 decision on Friday, and gave the Canadian government one year to re-write the country's prostitution laws.

The impugned laws deprive people engaged in a risky, but legal, activity of the means to protect themselves against those risks.

Chief Justice Beverley McLachlin.

While prostitution itself is technically legal in Canada, most prostitution-related activities were previously considered criminal offences.

In the decision, Chief Justice Beverley McLachlin said many prostitutes "have no meaningful choice" but to "engage in the risky economic activity of prostitution," and that the law should not make such activities more dangerous.

"It makes no difference that the conduct of pimps and johns is the immediate source of the harms suffered by prostitutes," McLachlin wrote.

"The impugned laws deprive people engaged in a risky, but legal, activity of the means to protect themselves against those risks."

The legal challenge to Canada's prostitution laws was brought by a group of sex workers who argued that the now-overturned restrictions put them in danger.

Katrina Pacey, a lawyer for the petitioners, called it "an unbelievably important day for the sex workers but also for human rights."

"The court recognized that sex workers have the right to protect themselves and their safety," she said.

Last year, a lower court in the province of Ontario struck down the ban on brothels on the grounds that it exposed sex workers to more danger.

Friday's ruling comes 34 years after the Supreme Court last upheld Canada's anti-prostitution laws.

Prostitution is legal in much of Europe and Latin America, and brothels are legal in numerous countries, including the Netherlands, Germany and Switzerland.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/americas/2013/12/canada-lifts-all-restrictions-prostitution-2013122015318412319.html

If someone is being forced into prostitution, that is simply unacceptable and should be dealt with. But for those doing it because the want or need to, they need to do it in a safe environment.

We are so hung up about sex, in all its forms. There are very few people in the world without the need or want of it, why is it such a big issue?

Back to top Go down

Canada lifts all bans on Prostitution Empty Re: Canada lifts all bans on Prostitution

Post by Guest Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:58 pm

Sassy wrote:why is it such a big issue?

Because "muh degeneracy"

Back to top Go down

Canada lifts all bans on Prostitution Empty Re: Canada lifts all bans on Prostitution

Post by Guest Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:02 pm

Knave Of Spades wrote:
Sassy wrote:why is it such a big issue?

Because "muh degeneracy"

No, because you are Irish Roman Catholic with hang ups (you can't be Irish Roman Catholic without them lol)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:16 pm

Sassy wrote:
Knave Of Spades wrote:

Because "muh degeneracy"

No, because you are Irish Roman Catholic with hang ups (you can't be Irish Roman Catholic without them lol)

Haha, holy shit what is reading comprehension?
I was saying people have problems with prostitution because they view it as degeneracy.

Lastly, I'm not Catholic. Quality assumption.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:24 pm

Also even if I was catholic and thought prostitution was degenerate your post wouldn't have changed the fact that some people do view it as degenerate. Your post was just an attempt by you to fling shit. Good job.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:28 pm

They view it as degenerate because they have hang ups with sex.   If the two people involved are happy with it, whether they do it for love or money is no-one's business but theirs.   So, you are not RC, but you were brought up in an RC household and you come from Ireland.   Irish idea's on sex are really sad.   After all, they would rather let a woman die than give her an abortion when their is no chance of the baby living.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:35 pm

Sassy wrote:They view it as degenerate because they have hang ups with sex.   If the two people involved are happy with it, whether they do it for love or money is no-one's business but theirs.   So, you are not RC, but you were brought up in an RC household and you come from Ireland.   Irish idea's on sex are really sad.   After all, they would rather let a woman die than give her an abortion when their is no chance of the baby living.

Oh you know the religion of my parents now do you?
What next? You going to say I'm drunk all the time and munch down on potatoes 24/7?
Quality stereotypes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:36 pm

I bet you never set foot in the country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:40 pm

You have said your mother is RC. I nearly married a RC Irishman, then I met his family and listened to people in his home town. Repressed and sexually bigotted didn't begin to cover it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:53 pm

Sassy wrote:You have said your mother is RC.
When?
Sassy wrote:
I nearly married a RC Irishman, then I met his family and listened to people in his home town.   Repressed and sexually bigotted didn't begin to cover it.

What? 50 years ago or something?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:01 am

And the woman who was left to die because of your abortion laws, 18 months ago?   You think its changed?   (40 by the way, but things don't change much in Ireland do they?, especially where sex is concerned.) The Magdelene Sisters, 15 years ago?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:04 am

Sassy wrote:And the woman who was left to die because of your abortion laws, 18 months ago?   You think its changed?   (40 by the way, but things don't change much in Ireland do they?, especially where sex is concerned.)
Wait, Sassy, you're supposed to start bitching about the Magdalene Laundries before you start bitching about abortion.
Do your bigotry right.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:05 am

Oh and don't forget to mention the IRA bombings! Might as well be thorough after all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:09 am

No, lets not mention the bombings, because are talking about sex and the way it is viewed in Ireland.    Nothing bigoted about facts.   The woman dying because of Irish views on abortion was fact.   The terrible things done in the Magdelene Lauderies because of the repressed view of sex and thinking of it as dirty, and blaming women for it while thinking it ok for men is fact.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:10 am

Awesome for Canada! Sex is many things to many people, and it's stupid to pretend that for some it isn't a commodity.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:39 am

you're all just too cold
you need some sun.
 sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:56 am

Sassy wrote:No, lets not mention the bombings, because are talking about sex and the way it is viewed in Ireland.    Nothing bigoted about facts.   The woman dying because of Irish views on abortion was fact.   The terrible things done in the Magdelene Lauderies because of the repressed view of sex and thinking of it as dirty, and blaming women for it while thinking it ok for men is fact.

We were originally talking about Canada legalising prostitution but then you changed the subject to how Ireland is that island with all the monsters that swim across the sea and steal good British children away to hell so why not mention it since we're mentioned irrelevant things anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:37 am

My, that took you a long time to think up, is is rather silly as it doesn't address Ireland's buttoned up view of sex, which probably accounted for you thinking prostitution had to be degenerate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:47 am

Sassy wrote:My, that took you a long time to think up
I have a life outside of a handful of forums filled with middle ages Brits, Sassy.
Sassy wrote:
is is rather silly as it doesn't address Ireland's buttoned up view of sex, which probably accounted for you thinking prostitution had to be degenerate.

I never said prostitution was degenerate, read through the thread, are you seriously that stupid that you can't understand your own native language or are you just trying to start shit again?
lol, brought down ADO, brought down speakfree. Going for a hattrick with this place with your unique brand of shit-stirring?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:53 am

To the first point, you were actually still on here when I left last night.

And don't get so wound up, have some sex, its very relaxing. And no I didn't as the Admin of Speak has already said, and ADO was going long after I left, at the same time Quill did, as he managed to con me that time, never again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:43 pm

Sassy wrote:To the first point, you were actually still on here when I left last night.
What, twelve hours ago? I was asleep after that.
Sassy wrote:
And don't get so wound up, have some sex, its very relaxing. And no I didn't as the Admin of Speak has already said, and ADO was going long after I left, at the same time Quill did, as he managed to con me that time, never again.    
It's funny how you try to deny your shit-stirring while you try to imply that I rarely have sex.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:54 pm

Who said you rarely have sex? I said go and have some as you appeared to be wound up as it was a subject we were talking about. I think it is you doing the stirring.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:14 pm

Sassy wrote:Who said you rarely have sex?   I said go and have some as you appeared to be wound up as it was a subject we were talking about. I think it is you doing the stirring.

You're the one who was bringing up irrelevant shit.
It's like you look for any possible opportunity throw my nationality at me in a negative way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:18 pm

Sassy wrote:Who said you rarely have sex?   I said go and have some as you appeared to be wound up as it was a subject we were talking about. I think it is you doing the stirring.

....Another one with an agenda on here!  Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:50 pm

You do give me such a laugh Bee. Already established it was the pms from you lot that finished Speak, and if Quill tells the truth, even he will have to tell you that he got me to leave ADO and then promptly rejoined.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:58 pm

Sassy wrote: And no I didn't as the Admin of Speak has already said, and ADO was going long after I left, at the same time Quill did, as he managed to con me that time, never again.    

FGS Sassy, you were the one who told me about Speak and then pushed me to join it. I had never heard of it.

As far as the "Admin of Speak" is concerned, he was always in your camp. Had he ever exercised his authority over you, as he did others, Speak would still be alive today. Of course he is going to side with you over here.

You brought down Speak all on your own, by engaging in petty spats, insulting people and having general disregard for the feelings of others...just as you are doing right now, on this thread, with Knave Of Spades.

Now I wasn't even involved in this thread, and I won't in one minute. But you brought me in with your constant petty asides and gratuitous swipes at me. Knock it off and I'll be gone. Besides, Knave appears quite capable to me.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:08 pm

Quill, just for once, why don't you tell the truth.   On ADO, we had a spat with Didge and Shady, you urged me to leave because you were going to.   Once you had left, I emailed you about Speak.   You joined, you then rejoined ADO.    You brought down Speak, with your pms and your digs and your whispering in peoples ear.   TTS had authority over me, in fact he banned me, like you for two days, when I let rip because you wouldn't stop.   Queenie brought you in by saying I brought down ADO, I simply said I left at the same time you did, when you conned me into doing it before returning yourself.
I see you haven't replied on the Israel thread, doing what you always do and running when the going gets tough.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:19 pm

Ugh ... a fight about old forums.  Sleep 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:22 pm

Oh bless you Bee, you're nuts, totally gone man. Stephenmarra's criminal actions? You are on another planet! Total competely and utterly nuts.

The only person needing help is you Bee, really, quickly.

What bloody libel? Do get a life and stop posting posts from other forums on your forum as if they had been posted there. TTS and Victor contacted the people who host your forum over that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:23 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Ugh ... a fight about old forums.  Sleep 

Yea, sorry Ben, boring as fuck for you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:30 pm

Nuts, totally completely and utterly nuts.  lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Well, as TTS emailed them about it, he probably still has a copy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:34 pm

Well, as I am giving facts that can be substantiated by others and you are just ranting, I think I know who is probably drunk, and it ain't me. Been at the mead have you?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:40 pm

Sassy wrote:Quill, just for once, why don't you tell the truth.   On ADO, we had a spat with Didge and Shady, you urged me to leave because you were going to.   Once you had left, I emailed you about Speak.   You joined, you then rejoined ADO.    You brought down Speak, with your pms and your digs and your whispering in peoples ear.   TTS had authority over me, in fact he banned me, like you for two days, when I let rip because you wouldn't stop.   Queenie brought you in by saying I brought down ADO, I simply said I left at the same time you did, when you conned me into doing it before returning yourself.
I see you haven't replied on the Israel thread, doing what you always do and running when the going gets tough.

Hang on,hang on,HANG ON A MINUTE!

Let's get things right here troops.....'I'brought down Speakfree by telling you lot that I had registered on your site when I had done no such thing...Wait a minute coz I'm pissing myself laughing..

HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR!!

And you lot looked high & low for me & young uncle Shady wasn't even there.HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR!!

Now am I a really clever pirate or what?

Canada lifts all bans on Prostitution Jollyr13

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:42 pm

Please check the new site announcement and stop this squabbling, folks.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:46 pm

Shady wrote:
Sassy wrote:Quill, just for once, why don't you tell the truth.   On ADO, we had a spat with Didge and Shady, you urged me to leave because you were going to.   Once you had left, I emailed you about Speak.   You joined, you then rejoined ADO.    You brought down Speak, with your pms and your digs and your whispering in peoples ear.   TTS had authority over me, in fact he banned me, like you for two days, when I let rip because you wouldn't stop.   Queenie brought you in by saying I brought down ADO, I simply said I left at the same time you did, when you conned me into doing it before returning yourself.

Hang on,hang on,HANG ON A MINUTE!

Let's get things right here troops.....'I'brought down Speakfree by telling you lot that I had registered on your site when I had done no such thing...Wait a minute coz I'm pissing myself laughing..

HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR!!

And you lot looked high & low for me & young uncle Shady wasn't even there.HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR!!

Now am I a really clever pirate or what?

Canada lifts all bans on Prostitution Jollyr13

Final post, Shady get a grip, never mentioned you, I know you weren't there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:15 pm

Sassy wrote:Quill, just for once, why don't you tell the truth.   On ADO, we had a spat with Didge and Shady, you urged me to leave because you were going to.

Wrong again.   It is true that Sphinx was pissing me off by simply deleting whole strings of my posts for reasons of condensing them. I was having discussions with her when you PM'ed me and said there was a better website, and you gave me the addy of SpeakFree.

Sassy wrote:Once you had left, I emailed you about Speak.

Wrong again. You have never been given my email addy, and I would be surprised if you have it now. We communicated by PM.

Sassy wrote:You joined, you then rejoined ADO.

Wrong once more. I have never resigned or otherwise left ADO. I simply stopped going and devoted all of my energy to trying to make Speak work for all of us.

Sassy wrote:You brought down Speak, with your pms and your digs and your whispering in peoples ear.   TTS had authority over me, in fact he banned me, like you for two days, when I let rip because you wouldn't stop.

To my knowledge you have never been banned at Speak. I was banned for seven days when I outed Stephenmara as being Judge. Stephen was doing the same with me, as I had known him for years from another site. Now, "Admin at Speak" never banned Stephen for doing the same thing, mind you, because "Admin at Speak" is a part of your lil group or clique.

That lack of balance in treatment emboldened you and Stephen so that you two cooked up a plan to reveal my complete identity, together with the fact that I play guitar (and other details presumably), all of which you in fact did post. However, "Admin of Speak" caught the ploy, deleted the thread about me, and, to his credit, came with honesty to me to see what I wanted to do. I told "Admin of Speak" that I didn't want you banned as I don't believe in banning. But I did want someone to "speak to Sassy" and tell her she can't run roughshod over other members. "Admin of Speak," being in your camp anyway, simply shrugged and did nothing.

I then PM'ed a stiffly worded PM to "Admin of Speak" saying that while I did not want you banned, I expected more...that nothing was gained by giving you a tap on the wrist and a pat on the back. "Admin of Speak" then threw up his arms and closed the place down. Obviously, he did not want to discipline you in any way and was willing to close the place down rather than hurt your feelings. While "Admin of Speak" was actually responsible for closing Speak, all of the causes led back to the shenanigans coming out of you and Stephenmara.

You didn't have to engage in those shenanigans. You could have just been a nice citizen and member of the board. You put "Admin of Speak" in a position where he wanted to close down. And Bee is right...Stephen also saw the consequence of your scheming, and got his hat, never to be seen again on Speak.

Sassy wrote:Queenie brought you in by saying I brought down ADO, I simply said I left at the same time you did, when you conned me into doing it before returning yourself.

But Queenie was right with regard to Speak free. I don't know what happened to ADO. I know I never quit. I visited from time to time. I like Sphinx personally, but I felt she was strangling the board...Speak, while it lasted, was more enjoyable. I only learned Sphinx closed ADO down from over here.

Sassy wrote:I see you haven't replied on the Israel thread, doing what you always do and running when the going gets tough.

That's because I am sick and tired of your incivility.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:22 pm

I was away writing the above when you posted, Ben.  Anyway, it is just the history that Sass was calling for...not squabbling per se.

Let's get back to Canada.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:49 pm

Hmmm! As a comment on something on this thread, Ben's post 6.42, Quill's post, that he said he was doing while Ben posted, 7.15.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:56 pm

what`s the cheapest way to get to Canada BA or ryan air  :D 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:57 pm

codemaster wrote:what`s the cheapest way to get to Canada BA or ryan air  :D 

Perhaps I'm feeling thick tonight, trying to work that out lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:06 pm

Canada lifts all bans on Prostitution.......... what`s the cheapest way to get to Canada BA or ryan air

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:09 pm

Oh LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kinda forgot the beginning of the thread! naughty boy lol Probably Ryan Air if you only want extras when you get there!

Back to top Go down

Canada lifts all bans on Prostitution Empty arguing

Post by nicko Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:17 pm

we ll fcuk me, I thought I'd joined a nice forum where posters have calm discussions with interesting topics.looks like that sassy poster likes to stir things.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:18 pm

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:21 pm

?????

nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next