NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seven-year-old boy empties piggy bank and donates money to vandalised mosque

+5
Fuzzy Zack
Major
Original Quill
Syl
Raggamuffin
9 posters

Go down

Seven-year-old boy empties piggy bank and donates money to vandalised mosque Empty Seven-year-old boy empties piggy bank and donates money to vandalised mosque

Post by Guest Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:48 am

'It’s 20 bucks, but coming from Jack collecting his pennies it’s worth 20 million bucks to me and to our community'

Seven-year-old boy empties piggy bank and donates money to vandalised mosque Jack-swanson-kvueshot

Seven-year-old Jack Swanson donated $20 to the mosque KVUE A seven-year-old boy has donated his entire piggy-bank savings to a mosque in Texas that was vandalised in the wake of the Paris terror attacks. A member of the Islamic Center of Pflugerville (ICP), in Travis County, arrived on Monday morning to find that faeces had been left in front of the building.  Pages torn from the Koran were also left at the scene.

But after discussing the incident with his mother, schoolboy Jack Swanson decided he would empty his piggy bank and make a donation of $20 to the mosque, news site Kxan.com reported. His mother, Laura, said the pair had spoken about how the act of vandalism was a "really awful thing to do". "We had a good conversation [about] what churches are for and how everybody’s churches are important.” Faisal Naeem, a board member at the mosque, said the donation gave him hope. “It’s 20 bucks, but coming from Jack collecting his pennies it’s worth 20 million bucks to me and to our community. This gives me hope because this means it’s not one versus the other.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/seven-year-old-boy-empties-piggy-bank-and-donates-money-to-vandalised-mosque-a6740606.html

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Seven-year-old boy empties piggy bank and donates money to vandalised mosque Empty Re: Seven-year-old boy empties piggy bank and donates money to vandalised mosque

Post by Guest Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:06 pm

Stormee wrote:Little twack.

Care to explain?

Back to top Go down

Seven-year-old boy empties piggy bank and donates money to vandalised mosque Empty Re: Seven-year-old boy empties piggy bank and donates money to vandalised mosque

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:23 pm

Why shouldn't they take it? He donated it voluntarily. I reckon they might give it back to his mum secretly though, so she can secretly put it back in his piggy bank. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:34 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Why shouldn't they take it? He donated it voluntarily. I reckon they might give it back to his mum secretly though, so she can secretly put it back in his piggy bank. Laughing

Exactly. Poor kid.

Don't worry about him. He wanted to do it, and I bet he felt really good about it.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:01 pm

It's a lovely story....I would be proud to be that lads mum or nan.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:46 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Fuzzy Zack wrote:

Exactly. Poor kid.

Don't worry about him. He wanted to do it, and I bet he felt really good about it.

And I think that's the important point. The kid is more grown up than any one of them. He is a mensch.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:50 pm

Jack Swanson, the small boy from Texas who donated his savings to a local mosque which had been vandalised following the Paris attacks, has received a generous thank-you through the post.

This week he received an iPad with a note saying: "Dear Jack, you had saved $20 in your piggybank for an Apple iPad. But then a local Islamic mosque was vandalised. So you donated your $20 to this local Texas mosque. Because of your amazing generosity & kind heart."

"Please enjoy this Apple iPad with our sincere thanks :-). Love The American Muslim Community."

The parcel seems to have been organised by Arsalan Iftikhar, editor of The Islamic Monthly Magazine and an international human rights lawyer.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/12008483/Small-boy-who-donated-his-savings-to-vandalised-mosque-receives-a-generous-thank-you.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:20 am

Fuzzy Zack wrote:He got a $400 Ipad out of $20?

Hmm!

Or he got an ipad for free of which also was free for the Muslim Magazine.
You have heard of advertisements have you not and how companies get freebies?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:31 am

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Didge wrote:

I'll put it another way so spastics can understand.

How much is that iPad worth, at least?

So again more pure immature views.

I am not concerned that it is worth money, many people get Ipads free through contracts. Or as said as freebies, so it has a value if and only sold. Its still free and no doubt gotten free by the Muslim magazine.
So your view is really very stupid to be honest as it will only be worth money now to the boy who is unlikely to sell it being as he wanted one.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:45 am

Zack uses the word "spastic", I expect he also uses the words "white honky"
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:50 am

nicko wrote:Zack uses the word "spastic",   I expect he also uses the words  "white honky"

Hi Nicko

Unlikley as lets face it that really is an American derogative term than a British one, though suspect an elitist insultt of calling people chavs may well be one he uses, so lets wait and see, but he should stop using disabilities to get at people, as that really is a very poor and low thing to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:17 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
nicko wrote:Zack uses the word "spastic",   I expect he also uses the words  "white honky"

Excuse me if I don't take any lectures from some who uses vile racist language like yourself.

You really are stupid. Lol!

Double standards alert.

You said poor derisive discrminating language around those with disabilities.

Which would mean by your last sentence you would have to classify yourself to being the same.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:27 pm

Am I missing something?
Either I'm very stupid, very romantic or very gullible.

A little boy sees a local place of worship vandalised unfairly, so donates his money to them, the Muslim community are so touched that they buy him the item he had been saving for.

Beautiful story full of real genuine people and "Godlike" gestures.

To me, that's what real Christians, Muslims, and all other members of the human race should behave like.

Or like I said, am I missing something?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:38 pm

eddie wrote:Am I missing something?

A little boy sees a local place of worship vandalised unfairly, so donates his money to them, the Muslim community are so touched that they buy him the item he had been saving for.

To me, that's what real Christians, Muslims, and all other members of the human race should behave like.

Hi eddie

You are very much spot on with how it should be viewed and seen. As an act of kindness which coming from someone so young. Placing the wrongs done to others before his own needs in order to help clean up the vandalism. Has the capacity and hard hitting power that will have a positive effect on many people. Even more so after recent events which sadly some Muslims have faced a hateful and violent backlash from the Paris attacks. Those who vandalized this, were mindless thugs as ignorant as the ISIS murderers, both being led by hate.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:51 pm

Didge wrote:
eddie wrote:Am I missing something?

Hi eddie

You are very much spot on with how it should be viewed and seen. As an act of kindness which coming from someone so young. Placing the wrongs done to others before his own needs in order to help clean up the vandalism. Has the capacity and hard hitting power that will have a positive effect on many people. Even more so after recent events which sadly some Muslims have faced a hateful and violent backlash from the Paris attacks. Those who vandalized this, were mindless thugs as ignorant as the ISIS murderers, both being led by hate.

Afternoon didge

Well I didn't understand the negativity on the thread by some.
It's a lovely story and I found it touching
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:35 pm

Some people refuse to see the difference between Islam and terrorism, that doesn't make this less of a touching story. People with good hearts all around Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:37 pm

But why would a random man in a town who prays in the mosque, give a boy a bomb to take to school?

You'd have to believe all Muslims were terrorists to believe crap like that.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:51 pm

Stormee wrote:His next present could be a bomb in a satchel hidden in a hollowed out book to take into his school. Wake up.

Now it is not good for the Christian’s health to hustle the Aryan brown,
For the Christian riles, and the Aryan smiles and he weareth the Christian down;
And the end of the fight is a tombstone white with the name of the late deceased,
And the epitaph drear: “A Fool lies here who tried to hustle the East.”

The author lived in India and loved the way of life there.
He was fascinated with the Muslim way of life ...even though he was Christian himself.
Kiplings life story makes fascinating reading.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:20 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Some people refuse to see the difference between Islam and terrorism, that doesn't make this less of a touching story. People with good hearts all around Smile

Noboduy denies there is a difference between Islam  and terrorism Ben
The problem is though the differnce between the two is very minor.

You have a view of transgression. which is basically centre around disobediance and oppression.
ISIS and other extremist groups claim the west has trangressed on lands they classify as Muslim lands, and the act iis claimed as an act of oppression and to them unjustified. as off this they then claima an unfounded view of the west at war with islam. Where to many Muslims in fact they view the western invasions of both Iraq and Afghanistan as unjustified oppressions. The narative again is the problem and where as many have rightly condemned the invasion of Iraq as it was unjustified based on a claim of mass weapons of destruction. Though I doubt if anyone could say it was unjustified in removing a dictatorship that oppressed many people in Iraq., Afhanistan again was not even an invasion but assissting the northern alliance with air power and special forces. Now many Muslims both extremist and non-extremist believe both were illegal and oppressive, claiming foreign occuparion, civillian casualties etc.

But here is the real problemn for Muslims using such a stance, as at no point did they actually view both the Taliban and Saddam as transgressors when they fundementally were, with their oppression of countless people. The Taliban was occupying the majority of Afghanistan and had been doing so for sometime, where it had many foreign fighters. So here we again see  how it is Muslims themselves in their beliefs and how they fail to disassociate extremists from Islam with declarations of either classing them as apostates or Blasphemers. This is why there is very little to seperate the narative found in both extremism and non-extremist Muslims. Fundemenatlly it is many within Islam that keeps them very much associated with Islam. So there maybe a difference between Islam and terrorism, but there is not much else to divide them other than once classifing the acts murder, tjhe other ksutified through Islamic beliefs
Even more so when you have a doctrine called jihad which parts of the teaching of Jihad backs a view point of a holy war on people. The awful belief system of Martydom, which allows many within the faith to place human life of lesser importance to a mythicalkl after life. I mean it is fundentally this doctrine that allows many Muslims to believe that it does not matter to forfeit their lifewhilst attacking others. Now the subjective point is on if their acts are justified. Well again we see Muslim authorities not only in Palestine but in many Muslim majority countries deligitimize Jews to jusify terrorism murder of civiilians, by viewing all of Israel as occupied. So the many problems surrounding extremism and ISIS are fundementally formed from naratives within the Muslim world. This is why it does not take much to step from being a non-extremist in Islam to an extremist. Fundementally this sharade has to stop or it is Muslims themselves that are fundemnetally keeping the association of Islam to terrorism. Muslims canview both conflicts as unjustified, that is there choice, as long as they  view and openly castigate the of real oppression and transgression from the acts of the taliban and Saddam and the Baathists.

Like I said Israel has to fundmentally denouce all acts of terrorism, no matter if they view a nation through a greivance to an ongoing convlict, which the Arabs nations were the aggressors.

This a an absolute must as a starting point to seperate Islam further from terrrorism

Do not glorify terrorists whether they be ISIS, Al Qaeda or Palestinian Muslim terrorists murdering Jews.
Muslims need to unite behind completely condemning acts of terrorism. Again we are back to the first point where all acts of terrorism are condemn. So again no delivberate targeting of civillians is ever justifiable. In war it is a war crime, which Hamas is constantly guilty of and also being disobedient to the Quran  through the acts of murder. When no conflict is happenning and civillians are killed, then it is an act of murder. Where those who have carried out murder and thus view then through their belief of the fifth greatest sin.

Its very simple as seen, do not deliberately Do not glorify terrorists whether they bee ISIS, Al Qaeda or Palestinian Muslim terrorists murdering Jews.
Muslims need to unite behind completely condemning acts of terrorism.Deliberately intentionally kill civillians, as there is never any justication. All have to apply the same standards to seperate the connection to terrorism. At present that very much still exists, hence there being very little to seperate.

Class those who die in the act of murder apostaes or blasphemers, denying them any association to the absurd belief of martydom. This sjhould already be done and should have been done for years and the question to be asked is why again it has not been very much an agreed upon stance and policy. If you deny their free pass to the imaginary heaven then doubt seeps in to committing to an act.

I can give many more views to seperate ben, but lets keep it to the major ones.
So most important is fundementally for Muslims to apply trasngressions to all groups and powers that are disobedient and unislamic in their acts of oppression. Lijke I say, for right or wrong reasons, the invasions by the west are view ans helped ny many Muslims as worse than the actual oppression opf the Taliban and Saddam. Sorry but considering Saddam and the taliban were far worse oppressing the peoples of both coiuntries for Muslims to view the west as far more oppressive is not only the worst and poorest double standards when aplying transgressions. But it fundementally backs my view how throughout the Muslim world it is a narative that  consnatly claims the west is out to destroy Islam. Muslim religious leaders should openly declare groups like Al-Qaeda, ISIS, Boko Haram ect as apostates. This fundemnetally would then very much seperate Islam from terrorism.

At ever turn where Muslims view themselves collectivelly agrieved by any violence or oppression to Muslims, makes it extremely difficult to seperate terrorism and the extremists from islam.
So when you look far closer many probklems have to be dealt with by a very strong unified voice within Islam.
Otherwise no matter if we do not commit to conflict or we do commit to conflict., this terrrosim will only continue longer.  As stated when these extremist Muslim groups carry act the worst abuses of human rights and murder, they should be automatically lassified as apostates, but that is only reserved for those who have not murdered anyone and are denied free speech.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:38 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Didge wrote:
Fuzzy Zack wrote:He got a $400 Ipad out of $20?

Hmm!

I'll put it another way so spastics can understand.

How much is that iPad worth, at least?

Various models but low end still $300 top end could be $1200 retail

From the sounds of it it comes from a corporate account and thus could be half the retail price depending on the accounts purchasing power...

I would also add.
 Advertising Value for Boy, American Muslim association and Apple..
Thousands maybe even tens of thousands depending on the amount of air time it gets.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down