NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Ex-Muslim Explains Why She Left the Faith

3 posters

Go down

An Ex-Muslim Explains Why She Left the Faith Empty An Ex-Muslim Explains Why She Left the Faith

Post by Guest Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:50 pm

Seth Andrews of The Thinking Atheist recently interviewed Sarah Haider, a former Shia Muslim who works with the Ex-Muslims of North America. She talks about what caused her to step away from the faith:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2015/11/17/an-ex-Muslim-explains-why-she-left-the-faith/

Back to top Go down

An Ex-Muslim Explains Why She Left the Faith Empty Re: An Ex-Muslim Explains Why She Left the Faith

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:46 pm

Didge wrote:Seth Andrews of The Thinking Atheist recently interviewed Sarah Haider, a former Shia Muslim who works with the Ex-Muslims of North America. She talks about what caused her to step away from the faith:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2015/11/17/an-ex-Muslim-explains-why-she-left-the-faith/

Good for her.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

An Ex-Muslim Explains Why She Left the Faith Empty Re: An Ex-Muslim Explains Why She Left the Faith

Post by veya_victaous Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:46 pm

seems a bit staged to me..

every ex-Muslim i know is like most ex-Christians they become atheist agnostic science believers because once they get enough education to understand the basics of Science and Scientific thinking, it is pretty obvious which one is based on reality and which is a few thousand year old fairy tale.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:53 pm

So how many 'ex Muslims' do you know then, Veya...!?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:04 pm

about 3 that are sort of like didge in their anti-theist views now
but another dozen or so in various levels of non-practice / disbelieving.
all are educated here. they are really exactly like Christians that stop believing, it's not a hard fast switch it is just they believe in evolution, secularism, Science in general so over time their world outlook changes to suit that instead of the idea god made it.

mainly females and mainly Fijian Indians, although one of the anti-theist is born here but of Iranian decent, I think his dad was an intellectual that fled during the revolution so sort of makes sense.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:29 pm

And how many Muslims do you know in total...?
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:49 pm

I couldn't even say honestly, a lot.
like i have said brother girlfriend of 7 years (they broke up early this year) is Muslim Fijian-indian, I don't even know how many concerts etc i have been to with her and her friends, lots.
I live and have always lived in the area of Sydney that takes the most refugees and immigrants.  there are 5 mosques in Blacktown. about 40 odd in Sydney (there is also Buddhist, Hindu and the largest Sikh center int he southern hemisphere)

even just among my work colleagues in the room now, there is half dozen.

the Iranian decent guy, i know through university and haven't spoken to for years.

I almost bought an Apartment in the building behind the mosque
An Ex-Muslim Explains Why She Left the Faith Prince
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:27 am

An Ex-Muslim Explains Why She Left the Faith D90sZhO
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down