NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paris attacks: Mother died using her body to shield her five-year-old son from bullets

3 posters

Go down

Paris attacks: Mother died using her body to shield her five-year-old son from bullets Empty Paris attacks: Mother died using her body to shield her five-year-old son from bullets

Post by Guest Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:23 am

Elsa Delplace died with her mother while protecting her five-year-old son Louis in Bataclan theatre Twitter/Matter
A five-year-old boy survived the massacre in Paris's Bataclan theatre after he was sheltered from the bullets by the body of his dead mother. 
Louis had been attending the Eagles of Death Metal concert with his mother Elsa Delplace, 35, and his grandmother Patricia San Martin, 61, when it was attacked by terrorist gunmen. Ms Delplace and Ms San Martin were both shot dead as they tried to protect him - leaving him covered in blood. In a tribute to Ms Delplace in Le Point magazine, her friend Sihem Souid wrote: "Elsa Delplace and her mother Patricia died on Friday under a hail of bullets inside the Bataclan. 

"Her son Louis, her ray of sunshine, was with her. Louis was found in Vincennes hospital, distraught and covered in his mother's blood as she tried to protect him from the bullets. "Elsa was a joyous person who always had a smile on her lips, even at difficult times. She was involved in the voluntary, cultural and artistic worlds. She played the cello brilliantly. "She always fought against injustice. I think it was part of her family - her Chilean mother fled the dictatorship of Pinochet." Eighty-nine people died in the Bataclan theatre on Friday night when gunman opened fire on the packed rock concert before detonating suicide vests. A further 40 people were killed in co-ordinated attacks across the city in several restaurants and outside the Stade de France football stadium. 

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/paris-attacks-five-year-old-survived-bataclan-shootings-after-being-shielded-by-his-mothers-dead-a6738681.html

No

Back to top Go down

Paris attacks: Mother died using her body to shield her five-year-old son from bullets Empty Re: Paris attacks: Mother died using her body to shield her five-year-old son from bullets

Post by eddie Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:57 am

Horrible.
What a brave and wonderful mother x
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Paris attacks: Mother died using her body to shield her five-year-old son from bullets Empty Re: Paris attacks: Mother died using her body to shield her five-year-old son from bullets

Post by Syl Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:56 pm

Every statistic will have a tragic human story behind it, when children are involved it's even more heartbreaking.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:12 pm

Syl wrote:

Every statistic will have a tragic human story behind it, when children are involved it's even more heartbreaking.

I don't see why it's more heartbreaking really.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:14 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

No, you wouldn't.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:16 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

No, you wouldn't.

I don't discriminate. The killing of an adult is no less heartbreaking. The child is alive at any rate.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:18 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

No, you wouldn't.

I don't discriminate. The killing of an adult is no less heartbreaking. The child is alive at any rate.
I think we see things differently...no right or wrong, just personal opinion..
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:19 pm

It's strange that he was there at all really.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:23 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:It's strange that he was there at all really.

I thought that actually....a heavy metal rock concert is a strange place to take a 5 year old.

But he was there and it's tragic he and his mum were caught up in the atrocity....yes he survived, but at what cost.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:50 pm

It was a bar they were in, inside the theatre, so the child wasn't at the actual concert.
Many Parisians take their children out to eat etc late at night on the weekends.

I personally wouldn't, unless it was a special occasion or the summer holidays.

Still, no matter. The poor boy has lost his mummy, and that's a life-changing heartbreak.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:58 pm

eddie wrote:It was a bar they were in, inside the theatre, so the child wasn't at the actual concert.
Many Parisians take their children out to eat etc late at night on the weekends.

I personally wouldn't, unless it was a special occasion or the summer holidays.

Still, no matter. The poor boy has lost his mummy, and that's a life-changing heartbreak.

Yes that.../\...nothing else is important.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down