NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boy of three, in remission after mother stopped cancer treatments and gave him cannabis oils

2 posters

Go down

Boy of three, in remission after mother stopped cancer treatments and gave him cannabis oils Empty Boy of three, in remission after mother stopped cancer treatments and gave him cannabis oils

Post by eddie Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:41 pm

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/01/15/health/cannabis-landon-riddle/

He's only 3 years old, but Landon Riddle is already the focus of a medical marijuana fight in Colorado.
Landon has acute lymphocytic leukemia, or ALL, a cancer of the blood and bone marrow. It's the most common cancer in children.
His mother says his condition has improved so much following treatment with medical marijuana that chemotherapy isn't needed. But the Children's Hospital of Colorado, she says, disagreed.
It all started back in September 2012. Landon, then 2, was living with his mother, Sierra Riddle, in St. George, Utah, when he developed a sore throat and swollen lymph nodes. The emergency room doctor said it was a virus and sent him home.
Two days later he went back. His armpits were swollen.

Continue at source

In the end, she decided she had nothing else to lose and moved to Colorado. She rented a room, got Landon's medical marijuana card and began giving him marijuana -- THC for the pain and nausea, but also CBD. The dose was based on Landon's weight. He first took it in oil form, but now takes a pill.
Once the doses started, "Landon's (red and white blood cell) counts increased dramatically," she says.
Six months later, encouraged by Landon's progress, she stopped his chemotherapy treatments completely.
"Once I took the chemo out, I see these amazing results. And no more need for blood transfusion and platelet transfusions," Riddle says. "I think that the chemo in combination with the cannabis did put him into remission and now the cannabis will keep him there."
But Landon's doctor at the Children's Hospital of Colorado was shocked.
"She told me with no uncertainty that if I refused chemo, she would have no choice but to report me to the proper authorities," Riddle says.
So Riddle found a lawyer willing to take her case.
"Nobody wants to hurt Landon here," says attorney Warren Edson. "This is about making him better. We have no problem making sure he's monitored throughout this process. And again, if there's any indication this is doing him harm, I can't imagine Sierra doing anything other than the right thing

"I could see a large gulf between the doctors who were making the point this is a fatal disease -- 'You know, he needs this treatment to survive,' and pretty much that was their stance," says Gedde.
"The family wanted to discuss more alternative modes of treatment and really things that wouldn't make him so sick, but again, the doctors being convinced that really it had to be done the way that they were used to it (being done) -- that just made it very much really a confrontation there of two different mindsets. I felt sympathetic to both."
Child protection officials declined comment on the case.
The American Cancer Society, meanwhile, cautions that cannabinoids have not been tested in humans to determine if they can lower cancer risk.
"There are many challenges with marijuana research as it relates to cancer," the organization says in a statement. "While it shows promise for controlling cancer pain among some patients, there is still concern that marijuana may cause toxic side effects in some people and that the benefits of THC must be carefully weighed against its potential risks. There is no available scientific evidence from controlled studies in humans that cannabinoids can cure or treat cancer."

Last edited by veya_victaous on Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding some info from source)
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Boy of three, in remission after mother stopped cancer treatments and gave him cannabis oils Empty Re: Boy of three, in remission after mother stopped cancer treatments and gave him cannabis oils

Post by eddie Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:43 pm

cant c&p any of the story for some reason as iPad playing up
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Boy of three, in remission after mother stopped cancer treatments and gave him cannabis oils Empty Re: Boy of three, in remission after mother stopped cancer treatments and gave him cannabis oils

Post by veya_victaous Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:58 pm

quite interesting, there is always a problem when any ideas become too entrenched to be challenged.
Although it doesn't seem to specify what cured the cancer as he was taking multiple things for most of it .
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down