NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tucson Police show how to do it right

Go down

Tucson Police show how to do it right Empty Tucson Police show how to do it right

Post by Original Quill Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:20 pm

SF Chronicle wrote:

Tucson Police show how to do it right 920x920

Why this Tucson police traffic stop went viral

There's no dashcam video. No mugshots. No violence.

While it doesn't seem like a traffic stop that would go viral on Facebook, the story gained social media attention because ... everything went right.

Steven Hildreth, Jr. depicted his experience with Tucson police after he was pulled over for a headlight that was out. After the red and blue lights went on and Hildreth pulled over, the officers asked him, first, how he was doing, then if he had any weapons on him.

Click above to read Steven Hildreth, Jr.'s post.

"Yes, sir. I'm a concealed carry permit holder and my weapon is located on my right hip," he relived in his post. "My wallet is in my back-right pocket."

During the exchange, the officers also noticed Hildreth's registration card was out, though his registration was current. The National Guard member said he began contemplating how he was going to pay for two tickets.

But it all ended with a verbal warning.

"I'm a black man wearing a hoodie and strapped. According to certain social movements, I shouldn't be alive right now because the police are allegedly out to kill minorities," Hildreth wrote in the Facebook post.

Tucson Police Department told WJLA they didn't realize something like this would go viral.
"It's just kind of surprising, because our officers do this every day," Sgt. Pete Dugan told WJLA, "we had nothing to do with it going viral. We appreciate that someone is coming forward with something positive, due to what we've seen nationally."

The post had more than 259,000 shares Friday morning.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Tucson Police show how to do it right Empty Re: Tucson Police show how to do it right

Post by Original Quill Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:38 pm

I should mention that Tucson, Arizona is completely different from the rest of Arizona. It's a university town...the University of Arizona dominates it. So you know it's a thinking center.

Tucson has fewer Mormons, who dominate Phoenix and the Valley of the Sun. Mormons are rabid conservatives, gun carriers and Hispanic-haters. The are the nucleus of the FLDS, which advocates polygamy and sex with underage girls.

Accordingly, Tucson is a liberal community. In fact, when the Legislature passed Arizona's anti-immigrant law, S.B. 1070, which requires police to determine the immigration status of someone arrested or detained when there is “reasonable suspicion” they are not in the U.S. legally, Tucson was the first to file a suit against it's own state, alleging the law to be unconstitutional. In June 2012, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled on the case Arizona v. United States, striking down three provisions of the law as violations of the Supremacy Clause of the United States Constitution.

So it is no surprise, in the center of this hotbed, that Tucson is one Southwestern community to look up to.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down