NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome sufferers 'can overcome symptoms of ME with positive thinking and exercise'

3 posters

Go down

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome sufferers 'can overcome symptoms of ME with positive thinking and exercise' Empty Chronic Fatigue Syndrome sufferers 'can overcome symptoms of ME with positive thinking and exercise'

Post by Guest Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:50 am

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is not actually a chronic illness and sufferers can overcome symptoms by increasing exercise and thinking positively, Oxford University has found.

A landmark study which followed hundreds of sufferers for two years found that those who were encouraged to be more active and alter their mind-set suffered less fatigue and were able to cope with daily life more easily.

The condition, also known as ME and once dismissed as “Yuppie flu”, is a recognised illness which affects around 250,000 people in Britain.

Sufferers report extreme fatigue, joint pain, headaches and memory problems, but doctors still do not know the cause or cure.

But the new study found that graded exercise therapy (GET), in which sufferers gradually increase activity levels, as well as cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), which encourages positive thinking and behaviour, had a dramatic impact.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/11959193/Chronic-Fatigue-Syndrome-sufferers-can-overcome-symptoms-of-ME-with-positive-thinking-and-exercise.html

Back to top Go down

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome sufferers 'can overcome symptoms of ME with positive thinking and exercise' Empty Re: Chronic Fatigue Syndrome sufferers 'can overcome symptoms of ME with positive thinking and exercise'

Post by eddie Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:11 am

Hmmmm this has long been a "questionable" illness.

I do know someone who suffers from this; he's a trustworthy guy and says it has real symptoms.

I do wonder though, that instead of taking to bed and resting, people would be better off going for a swim or some yoga sessions?

Is it that some people have lower pain threshold?

I do know that as a person that does do a fair bit of exercise, that when you're feeling your most achey, that's the best time to exercise!!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome sufferers 'can overcome symptoms of ME with positive thinking and exercise' Empty Re: Chronic Fatigue Syndrome sufferers 'can overcome symptoms of ME with positive thinking and exercise'

Post by Guest Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:48 pm

200 press ups.....200 body weight squats......200 sit ups.....30 mile walk with 120 pound rucksack everyday=Cured.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:50 pm

In my case----------Dead!!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:51 pm

nicko wrote:In my case----------Dead!!

Make it a 10 mile walk then Nicko.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:53 pm

Could you make it 50 yrds please Shady?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by captain Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:23 pm

Breathing is good, deep intakes of breath on the night, then again in the early morning air, breathe in those metals nice a deep. You'll soon forget about feeling tired. I do it all the time. What was the subject again.
captain
captain
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down