NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bacon And Sausages As Big A Cancer Threat As Cigarettes, WHO Report Warns

+3
eddie
veya_victaous
Ben Reilly
7 posters

Go down

Bacon And Sausages As Big A Cancer Threat As Cigarettes, WHO Report Warns Empty Bacon And Sausages As Big A Cancer Threat As Cigarettes, WHO Report Warns

Post by Guest Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:13 pm

Bacon And Sausages As Big A Cancer Threat As Cigarettes, WHO Report Warns O-BACON-SAUSAGES-570

The World Health Organisation (WHO) has today warned that processed meats such as bacon and sausages are as big a cancer threat as cigarettes.

The health authority has placed cured and processed meats in the same category as carcinogenic substances such as asbestos, alcohol, arsenic and tobacco.

Red meat is also "probably" carcinogenic, with associations mainly with bowel cancer, but also with pancreatic cancer and prostate cancer, according to the report

The report found eating 50g of processed meat a day (one sausage or two rashers of bacon) increases the chance of developing bowel cancer by nearly 20%.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/10/26/processed-and-red-meat-cancer-threat_n_8388780.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

I love a good quality sausage, I am a bit of a sausage snob if I'm honest Bacon And Sausages As Big A Cancer Threat As Cigarettes, WHO Report Warns Sausag10  As bad as smoking??? Sorry I'll take my chances on this one.

Back to top Go down

Bacon And Sausages As Big A Cancer Threat As Cigarettes, WHO Report Warns Empty Re: Bacon And Sausages As Big A Cancer Threat As Cigarettes, WHO Report Warns

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:41 pm

Same here, everything will kill you eventually so you might as well enjoy the ride Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Bacon And Sausages As Big A Cancer Threat As Cigarettes, WHO Report Warns Empty Re: Bacon And Sausages As Big A Cancer Threat As Cigarettes, WHO Report Warns

Post by Guest Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:47 pm

Quite, they'll have us living on pills at this rate!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:47 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Same here, everything will kill you eventually so you might as well enjoy the ride Smile

Absolutely Ben, life is short.  I seem to remember Sphinx posting a similar thread related to falacio Bacon And Sausages As Big A Cancer Threat As Cigarettes, WHO Report Warns Embarr18 lol!

Would love to see her back posting Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:58 pm

WHO make me think about taking up smoking No
I mean if it the same a bacon and sausages it must be on no significant threat..

this is the problem with too many vegans in the WHO they are trying to push their agenda and end up just looking like fools OR completely invalidate all previous campiagns cause now smoking (that is Obviously worse) is now same as bacon  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:59 pm

Bacon And Sausages As Big A Cancer Threat As Cigarettes, WHO Report Warns FUMgsTj
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:22 pm

Scientists have said this for years about processed foods.
It's the same mantra that we should all adopt: a little bit of what you fancy but not too much.

I hate bacon anyway. It's salty and chewy and horrid

I do like a nice sausage though, and like Veya, I only buy good quality ones for my family
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:42 pm

I'm with you on bacon Eds, I don't dislike it but there's so little to it. More of a sausage man myself ;-)

As to the story. Read some number crunching on this earlier.

Eatung the average intake of such meats a day increases you chance of certain cancers by 18% to 0.000something%...

Smoking regularly increases your chance of associated cancers by over 1000%.

This is by the official stats.

Not 'really' in the same league are they lol
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:53 pm

This report was made up by the same kind of idiots who believe in global warming.Next they'll be telling us breathing causes cancer & that we should all stop breathing immediately.

Usual dumb stupid rubbish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:17 pm

Eilzel wrote:I'm with you on bacon Eds, I don't dislike it but there's so little to it. More of a sausage man myself ;-)

Eatung the average intake of such meats a day increases you chance of certain cancers by 18% to 0.000something%...

Agreed Les, just more scaremongering.  Soon we won't be able to eat anything, as Eddie says, moderation is what is needed.  

I will still be having pigs in blankets with my turkey Christmas Day Bacon And Sausages As Big A Cancer Threat As Cigarettes, WHO Report Warns Turkey10 x

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:40 pm

Love a pig in blanket

Sausages are the only "meat" I still eat occasionally - and they're not even proper meat lol
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:46 pm

Eilzel wrote:I'm with you on bacon Eds, I don't dislike it but there's so little to it. More of a sausage man myself ;-)

I prefer sausages to bacon... but only if BOTH is not an option  Bacon And Sausages As Big A Cancer Threat As Cigarettes, WHO Report Warns 3922118137 Bacon And Sausages As Big A Cancer Threat As Cigarettes, WHO Report Warns 3922118137 Bacon And Sausages As Big A Cancer Threat As Cigarettes, WHO Report Warns 3922118137

And I think there have been studies than any cooked food will slightly increase your risk on cancer...

18% on such a small fraction of a percent is more or less nothing.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:11 pm

Bacon And Sausages As Big A Cancer Threat As Cigarettes, WHO Report Warns Kbvc2ks
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:01 am

^FtL

Fortunately I don't think many will take this seriously. Thing is scientists simply do research, then its media and over zealous organizastions that distort the research with things like this.

There is a good enviromental reason to stop eating certain meats though. But I can't, I'm a slave to its tasty goodness lol
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:14 am

If God didn't want us to eat Meat, why did he make it so tasty?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:18 am

Eilzel wrote:^FtL

Fortunately I don't think many will take this seriously. Thing is scientists simply do research, then its media and over zealous organizastions that distort the research with things like this.

There is a good enviromental reason to stop eating certain meats though. But I can't, I'm a slave to its tasty goodness lol

Haha! Me too Les, I could never be a vegetarian. I am fussy about it though and pretty much all our meat comes from our local butcher Bacon And Sausages As Big A Cancer Threat As Cigarettes, WHO Report Warns Yum10

Back to top Go down

Post by captain Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:39 pm

Almost no meat here. Sometimes in a take away but not too often and only because I am scrounging what a friend has bought. Really lost the taste for meat I like veggies and onion gravies a heck of a lot more. My friend is going off meat as well, they bought a rather strange looking lamb burger from their butchers a month back, it looked more like white jelly meat to me. They could not eat it and just threw it in the bin, it looked so awful that we did not want the local foxes eating either.
captain
captain
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:57 pm

captainJane wrote:Almost no meat here. Sometimes in a take away but not too often and only because I am scrounging what a friend has bought. Really lost the taste for meat I like veggies and onion gravies a heck of a lot more. My friend is going off meat as well, they bought a rather strange looking lamb burger from their butchers a month back, it looked more like white jelly meat to me. They could not eat it and just threw it in the bin, it looked so awful that we did not want the local foxes eating either.

I do eat vegetarian meals sometimes CaptainJane but I wouldn't want to do it full time or even for a few days.  Mmmm sausages, plus my little dog would be devastated!!!  Bacon And Sausages As Big A Cancer Threat As Cigarettes, WHO Report Warns Sausag11

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:08 pm

PFFT.......every year a new scare......you can get cancer from eatingvtoo many carrots fgs ...

I'm willing to take one for the team/forum...I don't want you all worried. Please send all of your sausages and bacon to me NOW by courier.....you will feel safe....you can thank me later
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:53 pm

Wow Cass you're so considerate! Really all heart, to put yourself at such risk- and with nothing to gain at all! Haha

Nice to see you posting again btw x
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:14 am

Eilzel wrote:Wow Cass you're so considerate! Really all heart, to put yourself at such risk- and with nothing to gain at all! Haha

Nice to see you posting again btw x

I'm all heart......

May only be for a short time as work/home/holidays gonna keep me busy/pulling out my hair/exhausted Smile but I will try xx
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:50 pm

Bacon And Sausages As Big A Cancer Threat As Cigarettes, WHO Report Warns QpHDpWR
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:44 am

Coooooookkkkkkiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeesssssssssss
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:47 am

Hi Cass, you mean like these

Bacon And Sausages As Big A Cancer Threat As Cigarettes, WHO Report Warns Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRyDz9mbPZDzdhbcSyk2RoUdk2cIVYOo-unMr-kU2apWrjOrdkTrA

My favourite:

Bacon And Sausages As Big A Cancer Threat As Cigarettes, WHO Report Warns Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRRHvLRELA8pVffhrG0Ew9GP-djHUk-uK02b2ZglbIS0Mp9acFohQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:16 am

sassy wrote:Hi Cass, you mean like these

Bacon And Sausages As Big A Cancer Threat As Cigarettes, WHO Report Warns Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRyDz9mbPZDzdhbcSyk2RoUdk2cIVYOo-unMr-kU2apWrjOrdkTrA

My favourite:

Bacon And Sausages As Big A Cancer Threat As Cigarettes, WHO Report Warns Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRRHvLRELA8pVffhrG0Ew9GP-djHUk-uK02b2ZglbIS0Mp9acFohQ

I really really really dislike you now lol

I now must go to the trudge and eat the cookie dough that is in there and its all YOURS AND VEYA'S FAULT

But I will wait a few - made a cottage pie as it's our first chilly night and I'm a bit full
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:06 am

Bacon And Sausages As Big A Cancer Threat As Cigarettes, WHO Report Warns S12sqBJ
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down