NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Racism row at The Sanderson hotel after staff ‘humiliate’ birthday diners

+6
stardesk
Original Quill
Major
eddie
Raggamuffin
Ben Reilly
10 posters

Go down

Racism row at The Sanderson hotel after staff ‘humiliate’ birthday diners Empty Racism row at The Sanderson hotel after staff ‘humiliate’ birthday diners

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:34 pm

Racism row at The Sanderson hotel after staff ‘humiliate’ birthday diners Women

A West End hotel has been caught in a racism row after a group of friends taking selfies during a birthday meal were allegedly branded “intimidating”.

Juliet Segayi was celebrating with 21 other people when staff at the Sanderson Hotel allegedly told them “you don’t know how to behave in a five-star restaurant”.

The 28-year-old said the group, most of whom were black, were then confronted by four security guards who threatened to throw them out.

Ms Segayi said they had been perfectly behaved and that she and her guests had been left “humiliated and shocked” by the hotel’s attitude towards them.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/racism-row-at-the-sanderson-hotel-after-staff-humiliate-birthday-diners-a3085281.html
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Racism row at The Sanderson hotel after staff ‘humiliate’ birthday diners Empty Re: Racism row at The Sanderson hotel after staff ‘humiliate’ birthday diners

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:36 pm

Ah, the race card. People generally get a bit raucous when they start the "selfie" thing in public.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Racism row at The Sanderson hotel after staff ‘humiliate’ birthday diners Empty Re: Racism row at The Sanderson hotel after staff ‘humiliate’ birthday diners

Post by eddie Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:05 pm

Nowt to do,with them being black and more to do with the behaviour.

You aren't allowed in a lot of west end hotels in jeans.

My other half uses the toilets sometimes (being a cab driver out at night and nowhere else to go) and he sees lots of people being thrown out of bars.
Whites too!!

Drunk, noisy whities! Fancy that!

Not sure it's ever made the papers though.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:08 pm

I wonder if the hotel staff would have kicked out a bunch of pasty-faced women having a birthday party?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:10 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:I wonder if the hotel staff would have kicked out a bunch of pasty-faced women having a birthday party?

Yes, and also a lot of tanned and polished chavvy ones too.

Ben, this happens all,the time. Trust me. My other half ends up taking them home so I do know what I'm talking about.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:11 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:I wonder if the hotel staff would have kicked out a bunch of pasty-faced women having a birthday party?

Can you stop that? It's offensive.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:14 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

Can you stop that? It's offensive.

Racism row at The Sanderson hotel after staff ‘humiliate’ birthday diners Pasties_insert
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:15 pm

The word "pasty" would not be considered a compliment when applied to skin colour in the UK. You wouldn't refer to a dark person as having "muddy" skin would you?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:17 pm

eddie wrote:

Yes, and also a lot of tanned and polished chavvy ones too.

Ben, this happens all,the time. Trust me. My other half ends up taking them home so I do know what I'm talking about.

Ben wouldn't ever admit that a black person in the UK could be a chav. Shocked
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:17 pm

Well I'm neither of those colours, of either of those pasties!

I have a Chinese friend - he's the colour of the yellowish ones.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:18 pm

eddie wrote:Well I'm neither of those colours, of either of those pasties!

They are a bit yellow really. I'm not yellow, so I don't know what he's implying anyway.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:19 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:Well I'm neither of those colours, of either of those pasties!

They are a bit yellow really. I'm not yellow, so I don't know what he's implying anyway.

Maybe he's hungry?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:20 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:The word "pasty" would not be considered a compliment when applied to skin colour in the UK. You wouldn't refer to a dark person as having "muddy" skin would you?

Do I need to compliment pale British people? ... no, I don't.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:20 pm

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Maybe he's hungry?

I think he's angry. He's got a touch of Britphobia. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:20 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:The word "pasty" would not be considered a compliment when applied to skin colour in the UK. You wouldn't refer to a dark person as having "muddy" skin would you?

You don't need to racially abuse them either.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:21 pm

ahh eddie

neither one...so perhaps complexion "verdi"

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:22 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

What about ones with beards?

What about us??!!! Evil or Very Mad
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:23 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

You ever notice how so many British people here never complain when I poke fun at the British?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:24 pm

eddie wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

What about ones with beards?

What about us??!!! Evil or Very Mad

I can't bash a good beard Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:25 pm

He just needs to be aware if he ever visits the UK that it's not a good idea to describe a white British person as "pasty".

He's not going to come here anyway though, on account of his soul being threatened. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:25 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

You ever notice how so many British people here never complain when I poke fun at the British?

Maybe they have dark skin ...
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:25 pm

You should never a bash a good beard.

I feel very hungry for a pastry dish now though.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:25 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:He just needs to be aware if he ever visits the UK that it's not a good idea to describe a white British person as "pasty".

He's not going to come here anyway though, on account of his soul being threatened. Laughing

If I do I'm only going to the places that the Muslims Moslems have conquered ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:27 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:He just needs to be aware if he ever visits the UK that it's not a good idea to describe a white British person as "pasty".

If I do I'm only going to the places that the Muslims Moslems have conquered ...

Well make sure you don't call them "darkies" or something.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:27 pm

Some mulsims have great beards! Big bushy ones.
I'm not sure they pasties though. confused
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:30 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

Being white, the only race I feel comfortable teasing in that way is white Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:32 pm

Anyway, this lot will probably get a free dinner now. See? Playing the race card does pay.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:33 pm

I tease everyone. I feel at ease enough to tease most people I know, it's my way of letting them know we are comfortable with each other.

I'm singing at my friend's daughters party on Saturday (Let it go for a Frozen theme lol).
She's Indian.

I've told her she has to do some Bollywood dancing at my daughter's party.
And she has to make me dhal. She makes a fucking good dhal.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:34 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Being white, the only race I feel comfortable teasing in that way is white Smile

Mostly British white people though.

I mean, you are anti-British - it comes across in a lot of your posts.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Original Quill Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:41 am

eddie wrote:Nowt to do,with them being black and more to do with the behaviour.

They were kicked out for wearing jeans?  Wow...not the place for Americans.  We live in jeans.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:18 am

Raggamuffin wrote:Ah, the race card. People generally get a bit raucous when they start the "selfie" thing in public.

What's wrong with the race card?? It's a classic that everyone loves

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:34 am

Original Quill wrote:

They were kicked out for wearing jeans?  Wow...not the place for Americans.  We live in jeans.

As do we Quill. I think it's an outdated and snobbish thing but a lot of the top hotels have a 'No jeans and no Trainers' policy

(That's no sneakers in U.S.)

So the fact this hotel threw people out for being loud and possibly brash.....nothing to do with colour, as they do it almost every night in the West End of London.
My other half sees it all the time!

Some black people use it as a pass to say what the hell they want.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:51 am

Original Quill wrote:

well you are an unsophisticated lot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:32 am

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

As do we Quill. I think it's an outdated and snobbish thing but a lot of the top hotels have a 'No jeans and no Trainers' policy

(That's no sneakers in U.S.)

So the fact this hotel threw people out for being loud and possibly brash.....nothing to do with colour, as they do it almost every night in the West End of London.
My other half sees it all the time!

Some black people use it as a pass to say what the hell they want.

I was once refused entry to a place because they said I was wearing trainers. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:50 am

That article led to a link to another story involving a nightclub where some black girls were allegedly told they were too dark and too fat to be allowed in. I had a look at another article about it, and it's so absurd it's funny.

The story is that they had to line up against a wall to be scrutinised.

In one of the screenshots, shared on social media, of the conversation between the promoter and Mei, the promoter wrote,

“Are [you] trying to make me [lose my job]!? If your two girls are [too] overweight to get in the club that’s how it is. What the hell are you doing?”

Oh well, if it was only because they were too fat, that's OK then. Laughing

http://www.blacknet.co.uk/women-turned-away-for-being-too-dark-at-london-nightclub/

What's even more bizarre is that Karrueche Tran was scheduled to perform that night. Perform at what?

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by stardesk Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:51 am

Stormee wrote:It is time the 'racist card' was ripped up.

It's used to try to get the upper hand.

There is always some bleeding heart about something using it.

Hi Stormee. What you must bear in mind is not so much the skin colour, but, as with the current migrant crisis, the affect it will have on a nation's culture, heritage, social funding, national health, employment, housing, etc etc. I presume you live in the UK, if so you'll know about the crazy Cameron's agreement to allow 20,000 more migrants. Have we the room for them? NO!
stardesk
stardesk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by stardesk Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:11 pm

Indeed, where will they work? We have several thousand unemployed and shops and factories are constantly closing down, such as the large iron works (I think) in the Midlands.
Our NHS is in a poor finacial condition yet there will be many migrants taking advantage of a free medical service. Our young people looking for housing will have one hell of job finding somewhere to live, or shall we keep taking farmlands and green belts and build on them?

Will Saint Paul's cathedral be turned into a mosque? Will there be more Moslem MPs than Christian Brits?

I hate to think of what will become of our country.

(Thinks: I'd better put on my bullet proof vest, I'm sure some ammo flung at me by some posters.)
stardesk
stardesk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:20 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:Muddy and pasty complexions are medical conditions.

So yes, they are offensive terms and you honkies should be ashamed of yourselves.

Only one honky - Ben.

Oooops. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:32 pm

Re the op... doesn't matter how much money you think you are spending in a place, you do not 'own' it, and you are not more important than any other paying customer... you are still expected to behave in respectful and considerate manner, or expect to be removed!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:35 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

According to some on here that'll be the whole UK THEN!
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:36 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Re the op... doesn't matter how much money you think you are spending in a place, you do not 'own' it, and you are not more important than any other paying customer... you are still expected to behave in respectful and considerate manner, or expect to be removed!

Yes, that's true. People think that if they spend money, they can behave how they like.

I'm not saying these ladies were behaving badly, but I see no evidence that they were asked to leave because they're black.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:37 pm

So yes, they are offensive terms and you honkies should be ashamed of yourselves.

mowgly, you really shouldnt be so racist

its hurst my feelings

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:15 pm

I am Zack. I wring my hands daily.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:39 pm

eddie wrote:Some mulsims have great beards! Big bushy ones.
I'm not sure they pasties though. confused

the call their Pastie like thing a Pide(Pid-aye) but it is a bit more like Calzone. Racism row at The Sanderson hotel after staff ‘humiliate’ birthday diners 3922118137
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:49 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Re the op... doesn't matter how much money you think you are spending in a place, you do not 'own' it, and you are not more important than any other paying customer... you are still expected to behave in respectful and considerate manner, or expect to be removed!

I think Tommy just explained one of the Many, many (So many Rolling Eyes ) reasons for the poor economy of the UK  Racism row at The Sanderson hotel after staff ‘humiliate’ birthday diners Smileys-money-114847

Cash counts more than Class. like the Chinese saying 'fuk yu I rich' Racism row at The Sanderson hotel after staff ‘humiliate’ birthday diners 2984306523
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down