NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oregon shooting: Gunman dead after college rampage

+2
Raggamuffin
Original Quill
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Oregon shooting: Gunman dead after college rampage - Page 2 Empty Oregon shooting: Gunman dead after college rampage

Post by Guest Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:34 pm

First topic message reminder :

(CNN)The man who opened fire at Oregon's Umpqua Community College on Thursday is dead, Douglas County Sheriff John Hanlin told reporters.
No police officers were injured, but preliminary information indicates 10 people were killed and more than 20 others injured in the shooting, according to Oregon State Police spokesman Bill Fugate.

Officers and the gunman exchanged fire at the Roseburg campus. The shooter was a 20-year-old man, according to Oregon Gov. Kate Brown.
"It's been a terrible day," said Hanlin. "At this point, it's a very active scene. It's a very active investigation."
A law enforcement official told CNN four guns believed to have belonged to the suspect were recovered at the scene.

We arrived to find multiple patients in multiple classrooms. Law enforcement was on scene and had the shooter neutralized," said Douglas County Fire Marshal Ray Shoufler.
He told CNN that two patients died while being transported to a hospital.
Mercy Medical Center posted on Facebook that it had received 10 patients from Thursday's shooting. The extent of their injuries was not known.
Three female victims were at PeaceHealth Sacred Heart Medical Center at RiverBend in Springfield, about 70 miles north of the shooting scene, according to a hospital spokeswoman Thursday afternoon.
The shooting appears to have started in one building before the gunman moved to the school's science building, a source with knowledge of the investigation told CNN. Those killed and wounded were found in at least two classrooms.
ATF agents were on scene and canine teams were en route to search for explosives, fire arms casings and ammunition, a spokesman said. FBI agents were also en route, officials said Thursday.

I'm so insignificant'

According to the source close to the investigation, authorities are looking at social media posts between a person they believe may have been the shooter, and others.
The conversation happened Wednesday night on 4chan.
In it, the writer talks about planning to carry out a shooting. Others egg him on, giving him suggestions on how to do it, and the type of weapons to use.
The responses are mixed -- with some users characterizing the would-be gunman as a pathetic loser. Others called him a twisted hero.
In the posts, there is a reference to the UC Santa Barbara shooter, who wrote a manifesto and videoed himself before opening fire a year ago.
"This is the only time I'll ever be in the news. I'm so insignificant," reads an apparent post by the would-be Oregon gunman.

'This is so out of character'

Roseburg is a city of about 22,000 people located about 70 miles south of Eugene, Oregon, and some 180 miles south of Portland.
The school itself is up on a hill outside the city center, according to Rick Francona, a CNN military analyst who lives nearby. Francona said that logging is a big industry in the region, which is fairly rural but easily accessible from Interstate 5.
"This is so out of character for this whole area," he said.
News of the shooting quickly reached Washington, with the state's senior senator, Ron Wyden, visibly shaken and Sen. Jeff Merkley tweeting that he was praying for the victims and their families.

More on the link:

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/10/01/us/oregon-college-shooting/

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AGAIN!!!

Back to top Go down

Oregon shooting: Gunman dead after college rampage - Page 2 Empty Re: Oregon shooting: Gunman dead after college rampage

Post by Guest Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:51 pm

eddie wrote:Ah come on sassy, you may not agree but he's anything but boring!

I don't always agree with you and at times, we've rowed like hell, but I've  never thought you boring!

Sorry Eddie, but I disgree, I think he is as boring as hell, second only to Tommy.

And Smelly, if I make a mistake I say so, and have done many times.  Don't ever put me in a catagory with Didge, he thinks he has intellect lol

Back to top Go down

Oregon shooting: Gunman dead after college rampage - Page 2 Empty Re: Oregon shooting: Gunman dead after college rampage

Post by Guest Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:56 pm

sassy wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

do you want me gone because you feel threatend by my intellect??

i understand

fair enough sassy I will take you up on the bet, i assure you sassy no one loves a good bet better than me , ask any of my friends they will all say the same thing...................but the thing is sassy.  

the thing is, that no matter how good an argument I present, you will always do a "didge" and declare yourself the victor.

sounds rather like a fixed, and i should know!!!!

dont get me wrong ,no one loves a fixed bet more than me, ask any of my friends, they will all say the same thing.

I am not opposed to a fixed bet but im normally the one profiting from the fixing of the bet ............so to speak

so i find myself at a crossroads in life.

if I take your bet I run the risk of losing your bet due to your didge powers of invincibility and face the prospect of a long night in exile

but if i refuse then i will forever be the one who ran away.

what on earth is an honest man to do??

No Smelly, I want you gone because you are so fucking boring basically.

Anyway, took you up on your bet so we will have to wait and see.

the thing is sassy

who shall be our judge??

neither you nor I can make the call since we are participants, and dare i say it??...............we might have opposing vested interests

and of course no one form here could make the call since............well my choices would be rejected by you and yours by me

so what are we to do???

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:58 pm

We don't need a judge.  Your bet was that it would something to do with Islam.  So far Islam has not been mentioned.  Looks like you are going to lose.

Your post:

who wants to bet that in the coming weeks islam will be found to have some kind of connection??

any takers???

So, if it is not found to have a connection - you lose.

Don't start back tracking, you'll look more of a plonker than normal.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:11 pm

sassy wrote:
eddie wrote:Ah come on sassy, you may not agree but he's anything but boring!

I don't always agree with you and at times, we've rowed like hell, but I've  never thought you boring!

Sorry Eddie, but I disgree, I think he is as boring as hell, second only to Tommy.

And Smelly, if I make a mistake I say so, and have done many times.  Don't ever put me in a catagory with Didge, he thinks he has intellect lol

But you disagree with me sometimes...am I boring?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:17 pm

eddie wrote:
sassy wrote:

But you disagree with me sometimes...am I boring?

Not in the least, it's got nothing to do with disagreeing Eddie.  You are not predictable.  Smelly on the other hand is, as soon as you see his name you know exactly what the post is going to be.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:19 pm

But he does make some good and valid points and they're always his own.

I like a bit of variation anyway. Honestly, since being in forums I find it hard to know which side "left" or "right" is correct?!

I guess it's a bit of both really.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:25 pm

eddie wrote:But he does make some good and valid points and they're always his own.

I like a bit of variation anyway. Honestly, since being in forums I find it hard to know which side "left" or "right" is correct?!

I guess it's a bit of both really.

He does?   Never seen one yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:46 pm

Smelly

What an idiotic thing to say?

So all the American shootings, which lets face rhe truth here for once are far too many

Have something to do with Islam?

You really are an idiot!
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:47 pm

FYI

Had a brown skinned person comitted the act above he would have been labelled a terrorist!

The hyprocisy is astounding
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:51 pm

The Douglas County Sheriff's Office is saying they are looking into the religious aspect in a search for motive.  But that's all they would say.

I will point out to the Europeans, that, if the shooter isn't exactly a right-wing Christian, he is RW.  He notes on his profile that he is "Republican, conservative."  This is typical of Republicans and conservatives: love guns, see violence as an attractive alternative, angry individuals who hate people.  Doesn't that describe the conservative to a tee?  This one missed race, anti-Hispanic, misogynist, homophobic and anti-Muslim, but I bet if you dig deep enough they are all in there.

That's the profile they should be looking for.  It's the complete package of Republicans...and look at the Republican race for president.  Kookoo.

Roseberg is a tight little community of 22,000, tucked in the foothills of the Cascades.  They almost resent the media attention.  So it's difficult to get information out of there.

Just a few random thoughts.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:32 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:FYI

Had a brown skinned  person comitted the act above he would have been labelled a terrorist!

The hyprocisy is astounding

He is - he's mixed race.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:01 pm

CNN has said of shooter Chris Harper-Mercer:

CNN wrote:One avenue that investigators were pursuing are blog posts by someone with an email address associated with Harper-Mercer.

The writings include ramblings about his racial animus toward black people and general feelings of anger about being isolated and unable to make relationships, law enforcement officials briefed on the investigation told CNN.

Two officials said that after the shooting, the gunman's family told investigators that he suffered from mental health issues and had sought treatment.

The writings also reflect an apparent fascination with the Irish Republican Army, one law enforcement official said. A MySpace page believed to belong to the gunman, which included photos of him, included photos of IRA posters.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:23 pm

It's funny because half caste people - half black and half white - normally take on more of their black heritage.

Weird how this half caste guy hates blacks?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:00 pm

Our gun-loving society loves the gun more than the victims. Nothing will ever change as long as the scumbag NRA continues to bribe all our politicians. The US is a sewer of gun worshipers.
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:39 pm

eddie wrote:It's funny because half caste people - half black and half white - normally take on more of their black heritage.

Weird how this half caste guy hates blacks?

The facts show just the opposite.  In America half-caste  people, like near-white people, will almost always adopt the identification and ideology of the privileged class. The reason is obvious: It's part of the melting-pot syndrome...the objective is to associate, as far as possible, with the 'special' people in order to be considered special yourself.

The counter-cultural people--say, the Black Panthers or MEChA--generally resist the individual melting process in favor of acceptance of the alternative culture.  But they still assume the paradigm of inclusion and equality of the culture, within which one finds individual identity.

There is always resistance by the privileged culture, because (like language) you fear being exiled or alienated from the group.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:20 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
sassy wrote:Whatever he was or wasn't, letting nutter like him have guns is totally balmy.

And Smelly, I'll take you up on that bet about an Islamic motive.  If I win, will you sod off?

The Smell will still exist even if you're not in the room.

How true, but I might be able to take the peg off my nose lol

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:49 pm

There are reports that Chris Harper Mercer actually shot himself. He had said something about how people become "famous" for killing other in this manner, so it sounds as if he wanted to kill himself and become famous at the same time - attention seeking of course - a common thing these days. The problem is that he's not here to see the news reports or see the reactions to what he did.

The business about targeting Christians is still a bit a mystery.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2