NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Armed officer at Florida school shooting never went inside to confront gunman

Go down

Armed officer at Florida school shooting never went inside to confront gunman Empty Armed officer at Florida school shooting never went inside to confront gunman

Post by Guest Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:00 am

The armed officer on duty at the Florida school where a shooter killed 17 people never went inside to engage the gunman and has been placed under investigation, police have disclosed.

The school resource officer at the high school took up a position viewing the western entrance of the building that was under attack for more than 4 minutes, but "he never went in," Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel said at a news conference.

The officer, Scot Peterson, was suspended without pay and placed under investigation, then chose to resign, Israel said.

When asked what Peterson should have done, Israel said the deputy should have "went in, addressed the killer, killed the killer."

The sheriff said he was "devastated, sick to my stomach. There are no words. I mean these families lost their children. I've been to the funerals. I've been to the vigils. There are no words."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/02/22/armed-officer-florida-school-shooting-never-went-inside-confront/

Back to top Go down