NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majority of Republicans believe climate change is real and affected by human activity

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Majority of Republicans believe climate change is real and affected by human activity - Page 2 Empty Majority of Republicans believe climate change is real and affected by human activity

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:06 pm

First topic message reminder :

You wouldn't know it from listening to their candidates, but:

A majority of Republican voters—including 54 percent of self-described conservative Republicans—believe climate change is real and humans play some role, according to a new survey conducted by three prominent Republican pollsters.

“The results echo a number of other recent surveys concluding that despite the talk of many of the party’s candidates, a significant number of Republicans and independent voters are inclined to support candidates who would back some form of climate action,” reports The New York Times.

Majority of Republicans believe climate change is real and affected by human activity - Page 2 Climatechange

http://ecowatch.com/2015/09/29/republicans-want-climate-action/
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Majority of Republicans believe climate change is real and affected by human activity - Page 2 Empty Re: Majority of Republicans believe climate change is real and affected by human activity

Post by veya_victaous Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:09 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:@Smelly
no we move to solar and other renewable energies, we work to make efficiency more important than profit for share holders.

and you don't understand time scale do you
tectonic plates ARE moving just very very slowly, if they were to move enough for us to notice in a generation than we either did something or major catastrophic shit is about to go down.

i see you are still using electricity by using your computer and therefore contributing to the myth of man mad global climate change warming

good thing its a myth

you obvioulsy dont belive in climate change or else you would already be living in your cave veya

the funniest thing about you climate change religious fanatics is that you actually think that man can control the earths climate

climate change is about as real as voodoo magic

dont worry smelly we'll drag you kicking and screaming into the future with us Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Why humanity always bothers to bring the morons Along, i don't know, surely we could just leave you to your own devices and you kill yourself through some stupid thing soon enough
Majority of Republicans believe climate change is real and affected by human activity - Page 2 2794048296

Funnily there was a piece of technology I was working with a few years ago with a nick name "WMM" for "White Mans Magic"
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Majority of Republicans believe climate change is real and affected by human activity - Page 2 Empty Re: Majority of Republicans believe climate change is real and affected by human activity

Post by Guest Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:56 am

veya_victaous wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

i see you are still using electricity by using your computer and therefore contributing to the myth of man mad global climate change warming

good thing its a myth

you obvioulsy dont belive in climate change or else you would already be living in your cave veya

the funniest thing about you climate change religious fanatics is that you actually think that man can control the earths climate

climate change is about as real as voodoo magic

dont worry smelly we'll drag you kicking and screaming into the future with us Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Why humanity always bothers to bring the morons Along, i don't know, surely we could just leave you to your own devices and you kill yourself through some stupid thing soon enough
Majority of Republicans believe climate change is real and affected by human activity - Page 2 2794048296

Funnily there was a piece of technology I was working with a few years ago with a nick name "WMM" for "White Mans Magic"

what future is that??

a future of caves and berry picking?? we have already done that remember?? back in the last ice age before climate change changed it all

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:20 am

Original Quill wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

what problem??

Denial...well, that's a good tactic for an alcoholic.  I guess it's good enough for someone addicted to fossil fuels.

smelly-bandit wrote:as it stands globalclimatechangewarming is just another religion, or just another unproven theory

until we test the basis of the solution to the theoritcal problem all it is, is unsubstantiated conjecture.

we need a litmus test

we need to reduce a significant amount of carbon footprint things or whatever bizzare units you zealots have come up with to measure globalclimatechangewarming, in order to measure its effects on the earths climate.

and it needs to be done over decades, you lot seem to think the sky is in the process of falling and thats its going to land on us all tomorrow, and that somehow humans can stop it by living in caves.

what you fanatics are proposing is to rush headlong into an irreversible course of action to implement an untested theoritical solution to an unproven theoritical problem that may or may not have any effect - positive or negative.

you maniacs dont have the first clue about the consequences of your "solution" which will force humankind into a retrograding technological dark age from which it will never emerge.

Could it be that the "solution" is a bit too inconvenient for the capitalist enterprise behind the fossil fuel industry?  The "dark age" of which you speak could be the economic downturn of the oil and refining business, not the overall well being of society.

The fact is that alternative fuels are emerging everyday, and with more being spent on research, and new ways to generate efficiency, more is coming along.  The motivation for this is coming from the need for new and better ways to create energy.  What you are arguing for are the slothful ways of a single, lagging industry.

Indeed, this is one area where Smithsonian theories are working quite well: out with the inefficient, in with the new and better.  Wasn't that the gravamen of Adam Smith's economic theory?  If we end up with more, and better ways to feed our need for energy, are we not improving the well being of society.  Dark ages my achin' ass!

Majority of Republicans believe climate change is real and affected by human activity - Page 2 3986371719 the sky is falling

but serioulsy quill, you climate-waming-change-global religious fanatics really are tring to retrograde humankind

what you are suggesting is a world that relies on solar power and wind turbines

brilliant, ever been to california??? ever seen the miles and miles of wind turbines??? yo know the ones that arent turning??

so lets see what that really means shall we??

no more anything that requires power to run

no more industry for starters, we will be come de-industrialised.

so no more mobile phones.

no more washing machines or tumble dryers since they are notorious power hogs

ultra low energy light bulbs which will lead to global eyesight problems and since we no longer have any kind of industry we wont be able to manufacture glasses for people, so we will be a world of human moles

but thats ok because there wont be much worth seeing since

no more economoy since we wont be manufacturing anything for trade, so its back to bartering for hides and furs

everything we have requires vast amounts of energy to run, there is no alternative, there is no magical green power source that can provide what we need, every single scenario requires us to power down everything

and powering down still wont stop the climate from changing

so we will not only be a techonologically retrograded species, but will be facing climate change having squandered out technological edge which may very well have helped us prepare for it

good thing is that none of us will be alive to argue the toss since it will probably be another million years before the climate changes from what it is today

so lets get the BBQ lit, crank up the heat and turn on all the lights and kettles, i may as well use what i have before you fanatics take it all away

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:56 am

Smelly, fancy a long trip in a Range Rover?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:01 am

smelly-bandit wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Denial...well, that's a good tactic for an alcoholic.  I guess it's good enough for someone addicted to fossil fuels.

Could it be that the "solution" is a bit too inconvenient for the capitalist enterprise behind the fossil fuel industry?  The "dark age" of which you speak could be the economic downturn of the oil and refining business, not the overall well being of society.

The fact is that alternative fuels are emerging everyday, and with more being spent on research, and new ways to generate efficiency, more is coming along.  The motivation for this is coming from the need for new and better ways to create energy.  What you are arguing for are the slothful ways of a single, lagging industry.

Indeed, this is one area where Smithsonian theories are working quite well: out with the inefficient, in with the new and better.  Wasn't that the gravamen of Adam Smith's economic theory?  If we end up with more, and better ways to feed our need for energy, are we not improving the well being of society.  Dark ages my achin' ass!

brilliant, ever been to california??? ever seen the miles and miles of wind turbines??? yo know the ones that arent turning??

lol the dalek asks a Californian if he has been to California?

Original Quill

Doh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:34 pm

nicko wrote:Smelly,   fancy a long trip in a Range Rover?

is it one of them old gas guzzling ones or the new ones with all the trimmings??

becasue i only use gas guzzlers

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:05 pm

Smelly, it's a 2008 Vogue se, 24 to the Gallon. I only do about 3000 miles a year,
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:23 pm

nicko wrote:Smelly, it's a 2008   Vogue se,  24 to the Gallon.   I only do about 3000 miles a year,

you are not doing your duty to help the climate!!!!!

only 3000 a year?? pathetic,at that rate we will not destroy the earth until the year 414908, i will be long dead by then and unable to enjoy the droughts and desolation

no no nicko this will not do, i think i shall take you up on your long drive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2