NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Climate change - real action.

+3
Ben Reilly
Victorismyhero
Andy
7 posters

Go down

Climate change - real action. Empty Climate change - real action.

Post by Andy Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:30 pm

And an acknowledgement that it is real.

I saw this on the BBC and thought you should see it:

Paris climate deal enters force as focus shifts to action - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-37872111
But nothing will convince thick as mince "genius" Monkey that it is real.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Climate change - real action. Empty Re: Climate change - real action.

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:43 pm

From the article

"The Eiffel Tower in Paris is expected to be lit up in green light on Friday to mark the entry into force of the historic climate pact. "

Rolling Eyes

However good....but too late methinks to prevent some nasty surprises

with 90% of my leccy soon to be provided from solar (up from the present 50%) SOME use from the grid is inevitable for heavy power machinery like my saw bench and spindle moulder and house hold stuff like washing machine etc.
and heating provided from my wood burner...fueled from the takings in the woodland we own (and hence carbon neutral, except for a minor carbon cost in cutting and transport) making the use of gas virtually redundant

I think I ought to get a subsidy from the govt....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:48 pm

Makes you wonder how that fat fuck Trump still thinks it's a Chinese conspiracy.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:51 pm

Lord Foul wrote:From the article

"The Eiffel Tower in Paris is expected to be lit up in green light on Friday to mark the entry into force of the historic climate pact. "

Rolling Eyes

However  good....but too late methinks to prevent some nasty surprises

with 90% of my leccy soon to be provided from solar (up from the present 50%) SOME use from the grid is inevitable for heavy power machinery like my saw bench and spindle moulder and house hold stuff like washing machine etc.
and heating provided from my wood burner...fueled from the takings in the woodland we own (and hence carbon neutral, except for a minor carbon cost in cutting and transport) making the use of gas virtually redundant

Do you get paid if you feed electricity into the grid?

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:51 pm

Of course I'm not doing this for the sake of the climate...bugger that , thats far too "cooperative and humanist"...nope I'm doing it cos i is a cheapskate and am protecting my pocket and of course I wont be ppaying any of those ridiculous green taxes on my household lighting and heating

now if ONLY they would produce an affordable electric van type vehicle with a 400mile range , decent ground clearance and a 2 tonne carrying capacity AND do me a one for one SWAP for my diesle monster I'd be laughing...but they dont so I guess I'll have to pay the penalty on that.....

shucks

looks like my customers are going to have to pay up some more..........

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:56 pm

Lord Foul wrote:Of course I'm not doing this for the sake of the climate...bugger that , thats far too "cooperative and humanist"...nope I'm doing it cos i is a cheapskate and am protecting my pocket  and of course I wont be ppaying any of those ridiculous green taxes on my household lighting and heating

now if ONLY they would produce an affordable electric van type vehicle with a 400mile range , decent ground clearance and a 2 tonne carrying capacity AND do me a one for one SWAP for my diesle monster I'd be laughing...but they dont  so I guess I'll have to pay the penalty on that.....

shucks

It's cheaper to go solar etc than buy off the grid - didn't know that.

Makes sense to me whatever your motive.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:07 pm

Ziz wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Do you get paid if you feed electricity into the grid?

you do BUT, and heres the sickening fraud in it all......

in order to get that you have to have an installation done by an "approved firm" and have it inspected etc etc etc....which means in the end its going to cost you a small fortune....and the payback is crap ....I'll be worm food before it pays for itself
stuff that...there are ways round the part P regulations on electrical installations, so no inspection no registered sparky needed....
there are ways round the building regulations regarding roof installation too (like put em on your shed roof...I have plenty of shed roof area)

I dont see why I should have to pay a sh*t for brains sparky to do a job that in reality I am 10x over qualified to do as an electronics/rf engineer, used to working with voltages and currents that would scare the bejeebers out of your common or garden "domestic" sparky and which would sneakily crawl across the surface of what you would lovingly think was an insulator to get to fry you...(RF is like that...at high powers its pure evil) SO I use the opt out and go for what they call SELV .......... safety electrical low voltage

12volts....on thick cables...to handle the current needed... use the 12v raw to feed high luminosity led lamps (google COB lights...just dont buy one and look directly at it when you switch on....DAMHIKT) and for things like fridges etc use individual discrete invertors from 12v to 240v...becasue these are discrete units which the item plugs into they are not considered part of an installation.....

Solar cells feed battery back up AND provide power during the day....batteries provide the reduced power needs over night....

no need to feed the grid, and the only draw would be as said for heavy stuff and to power a back up charger for the batteries if the weather is so dark and grey for so long that the solar cells cant keep up with demand....

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:11 pm

Ziz wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:Of course I'm not doing this for the sake of the climate...bugger that , thats far too "cooperative and humanist"...nope I'm doing it cos i is a cheapskate and am protecting my pocket  and of course I wont be ppaying any of those ridiculous green taxes on my household lighting and heating

now if ONLY they would produce an affordable electric van type vehicle with a 400mile range , decent ground clearance and a 2 tonne carrying capacity AND do me a one for one SWAP for my diesle monster I'd be laughing...but they dont  so I guess I'll have to pay the penalty on that.....

shucks

It's cheaper to go solar etc than buy off the grid - didn't know that.

Makes sense to me whatever your motive.

you can get solar panels off the web quite cheaply now...about 90p per watt...
if you go second hand but grade A its about 50-60p per watt
if you go for the damaged panels..the ones where the glass top is smashed (which still work but at a slightly lower output 80-90%) you can pay as low as 20p per watt,,,
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:12 pm

Lord Foul wrote:

in order to get that you have to have an installation done by an "approved firm" and have it inspected etc etc etc....which means in the end its going to cost you a small fortune....and the payback is crap   ....I'll be worm food before it pays for itself
stuff that...there are ways round the part P regulations on electrical installations, so no inspection no registered sparky needed....
there are ways round the building regulations regarding roof installation too (like put em on your shed roof...I have plenty of shed roof area)

Tbh, I'm surprised you can't legally install stuff yourself and then get it inspected - and connected to the grid if necessary - for a small fee.  

I don't think I could be bothered with all that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:17 pm

and ziz...you should perhaps take note of the second part of my signature....
sometimes my posts (as a poster) are rather more than a little "tongue in cheek" those who REALLY know me....know the difference
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:21 pm

Ziz wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:

in order to get that you have to have an installation done by an "approved firm" and have it inspected etc etc etc....which means in the end its going to cost you a small fortune....and the payback is crap   ....I'll be worm food before it pays for itself

Tbh, I'm surprised you can't legally install stuff yourself and then get it inspected - and connected to the grid if necessary - for a small fee.  

you can do your own household wiring in that way...but its a pain in the arse...you have to have it inspected sevearl times at different stages, usually by the local authority...who send any old twit with nothing to do and no actual knowledge round to do the inspection then charge you anything up to 500 quid to pass it...
but to qualkify for the feed in tarrif the work has to be done by one of the "approved contarctors"
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:21 pm

Lord Foul wrote:and ziz...you should perhaps take note of the second part of my signature....
sometimes my posts (as a poster) are rather more than a little "tongue in cheek" those who REALLY know me....know the difference

Sorry but I'm not good at that kind of thing - I just see what is written and take it as bona fide - years of gov't service knocks out such subtleties. Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:24 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
Ziz wrote:

you can do your own household wiring in that way...but its a pain in the arse...you have to have it inspected sevearl times at different stages, usually by the local authority...who send any old twit with nothing to do and no actual knowledge round to do the inspection  then charge you anything up to 500 quid to pass it...
but to qualkify for the feed in tarrif the work has to be done by one of the "approved contarctors"

£500 is a bit rich - I'd rather just get someone in at the start.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:45 am

shucks

Telsa's working on just such a thing: https://electrek.co/2016/07/31/tesla-all-electric-cargo-van-pickup-truck-chassis-elon-musk/
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:50 am

Re the OP....isn't lighting up the whole of the very tall  Eiffel Tower a tad stupid when trying to highlight global warming???
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:05 am

Rolling Eyes

sunny

IF YOU  added a few more panels so that you were eventually producing 200->300% of your power needs, you could then sell excess electricity back to a local power_supply company...

Then invest in a diesel generator to allow for cloudy spells, and Tesla type battery cells to cover your "base load" and nighttime power use..

IF you receive enough sunlight annually to support such a long term outlook  ?
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:38 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:

Rolling Eyes

sunny

IF YOU  added a few more panels so that you were eventually producing 200->300% of your power needs, you could then sell excess electricity back to a local power_supply company...

thats what we were discussing above wolfie..... the "feed in tarrif"...which HAS to have the installation done by an "approved contractor" (who between them have "fixed" the prices to skim off as much as possible, and most certainly havnt got MY interests at heart...stuff em...I'l generate enough for my own needs and no more...

Then invest in a diesel generator to allow for cloudy spells, and Tesla type battery cells to cover your "base load" and nighttime power use..

tesla cells are nothing more than glorified lithium ion cells with multiple protective devices to stop the whole lot exploding...no thanks I'll stick with tried and tested lead acid cells untill that tech is somewhat more stable....I dont mind odd lithium cells...a lot of my small portable stuff is made or adapted to run on those...2, 4, 6 cells are easy to keep in order...beyond that god help you if something goes awry.. I really dont fancy 3000 Amp hours worth of lithium cells trying to imitate a saturn five. Yes ther have been accidents with lead acid...but only if you are a pelargonium (thats one worse than a geranium)

IF you receive enough sunlight annually to support such a long term outlook  ?

with the increased and ever increasing efficiency of solar cells, yes we do now get enough sun to do so......
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:50 am

Climate change - real action. RH9dwgx
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:52 pm

Handy Andy wrote:Makes you wonder how that fat fuck Trump  still thinks it's  a Chinese  conspiracy.

He doesn't even really believe that -- it was a campaign tactic to get the dumbass vote:

Donald Trump says he is “not a big believer in global warming.” He has called it “a total hoax,” “bullshit” and “pseudoscience.”

But he is also trying to build a sea wall designed to protect one of his golf courses from “global warming and its effects.”

The New York billionaire is applying for permission to erect a coastal protection works to prevent erosion at his seaside golf resort, Trump International Golf Links & Hotel Ireland, in County Clare.

A permit application for the wall, filed by Trump International Golf Links Ireland and reviewed by POLITICO, explicitly cites global warming and its consequences — increased erosion due to rising sea levels and extreme weather this century — as a chief justification for building the structure.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/donald-trump-climate-change-golf-course-223436
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:09 pm

http://www.asahi.com/sp/ajw/articles/AJ201611070028.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/11/24/tokyo-hit-first-november-snow-54-years/

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:10 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

http://www.asahi.com/sp/ajw/articles/AJ201611070028.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/11/24/tokyo-hit-first-november-snow-54-years/

yawn
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:39 pm

ya gonna fry...then ya gonna drown...then ya gonna fry oh and did I mention then ya gonna drown...

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:34 am

scratch

I WONDER if Tommy has shares in mining and oil companies  ???

What other plausible excuse can such rabid denialists have to keep on peddling their outright lies..

Climate change - real action. 2190311264
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:09 am

Are you saying the reports of snow in Japan are lies...?
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:02 am

Tommy Monk wrote:Are you saying the reports of snow in Japan are lies...?

Are you so stupid that you actually think reports of snow refute global warming?

I swear, I don't know how you make it through the day without a crash helmet and adult supervision ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down