NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Intelligent Machines: The jobs robots will steal first

3 posters

Go down

Intelligent Machines: The jobs robots will steal first Empty Intelligent Machines: The jobs robots will steal first

Post by Irn Bru Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:33 am

If you are sitting at a desk, driving a taxi or carrying a hod, stop for a moment and ask: could a robot or machine do this job better?

The answer, unfortunately for you, is probably - yes.

The debate about whether machines will eliminate the need for human employment is no longer just academic.

Boston Consulting Group predicts that by 2025, up to a quarter of jobs will be replaced by either smart software or robots, while a study from Oxford University has suggested that 35% of existing UK jobs are at risk of automation in the next 20 years.

Office workers who do repetitive jobs such as writing reports or drawing up spreadsheets are easily replaced with software but what other jobs are under threat? The BBC looks at some of the jobs that are already being done by machines.

To find out more about whether your job is at risk of automation in the next two decades, check out the BBC's interactive graphic.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-33327659

And check out your risk factor here...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-34066941

On that note I wish you all a very goodnight/morning.

Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Intelligent Machines: The jobs robots will steal first Empty Re: Intelligent Machines: The jobs robots will steal first

Post by eddie Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:17 am

I'm not just saying this because my other half drives a black taxi but these things stand out to me:

One, I'd never get in any vehicle driven by a computer - they can't make quick decisions and don't have the emotion needed to make certain decisions and two, in London that just can't happen due to traffic and shortcuts, and people just changing their minds and.....

What about the men who get very, very abusive in the back of cars? Can a robot deal with that?
Drunk people who fall asleep? Drunk people who vomit?

I'm not a computer fan and prefer every job be done by a human, if I'm honest.

I dont like the idea of machines replacing humans.

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Intelligent Machines: The jobs robots will steal first Empty Re: Intelligent Machines: The jobs robots will steal first

Post by veya_victaous Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:24 am

Intelligent Machines: The jobs robots will steal first Tumblrs-greatest-hits-people-zoo

http://www.collective-evolution.com/2015/09/02/ai-robot-learns-words-in-real-time-tells-human-creators-it-will-keep-them-in-a-people-zoo/

Last edited by veya_victaous on Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:37 am; edited 1 time in total
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:34 am

eddie wrote:I'm not just saying this because my other half drives a black taxi but these things stand out to me:

One, I'd never get in any vehicle driven by a computer - they can't make quick decisions (yes they can they can much faster than humans, already no human can compete with Gaming AI that doesn't have artificial limitations Literally we have to add a lines of code to SLOW DOWN how fast they make decision to give people a chance) and don't have the emotion needed to make certain decisions No emotion need to drive emotion would be a negative thing when driving  and two, in London that just can't happen due to traffic and shortcuts, and people just changing their minds and..... Computers will be 100's of times better at it than the best human, all those things are nothing to an interlinked system it literally knows all traffic on the road without line of sight, it already knows every short cut and can recalculate faster than a human

What about the men who get very, very abusive in the back of cars? Can a robot deal with that? yes in a much safer manner
Drunk people who fall asleep? Drunk people who vomit? yes (Siren, electric shock you name it Twisted Evil )  and yes (although a better around car design would make it more like those self cleaning toilets just closes the doors and flushes all the rubbish out)  really a robot would not even be physically in a seat it would be under the bonnet allowing another seat too

I'm not a computer fan and prefer every job be done by a human, if I'm honest.

I dont like the idea of machines replacing humans.
too late but also like I say most of our species advancement is made by the few, the masses just get given it in the end once most of the bugs are worked out.

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:19 am

God that's depressing veya.
But the one thing you did get wrong was a drunk asleep in the back of a car; no amount of noise always wakes them up and I'm sure electric shocks are not very safe....although with some drunks that could be a good thing....! Evil or Very Mad

Still, call me old-fashioned, I still prefer people.

Even when you ring and get automated options they don't always work properly and they simply cannot answer all questions or deal with different nuances in a question.

I hate robots.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:15 pm

well the other way to look at is that Cybernetic AI is actually kinder than humans. as already saying don't worry I'll look after you and keep you in a good zoo

What I really like is it is apparently learning from the internet (literally learning about humans from sites like this) and it has literally said what i said would be logical for it... Humans will be like the old parent or the way we see dogs and horses. it wont want to destroy us and it will be powerful enough to just keep us as a 'pet'.

P.S. you may want to cut down on the 'hating robots' talk  Wink they are listening Laughing

Intelligent Machines: The jobs robots will steal first 4304Intelligent Machines: The jobs robots will steal first 04 Intelligent Machines: The jobs robots will steal first 01
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:15 am

Intelligent Machines: The jobs robots will steal first Tumblrs-greatest-hits-cant-use-books
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:46 am

Intelligent Machines: The jobs robots will steal first YMN0Old

this is why listening to peoples feeling is not the right thing to do
people are currently starving to death cause some hipster thinks all GMO's have to be evil like Monsanto Evil or Very Mad
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down