NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

female genital mutilation..will it stop ..

5 posters

Go down

female genital mutilation..will it stop .. Empty female genital mutilation..will it stop ..

Post by Guest Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:24 pm

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/apr/30/female-genital-mutilation-england-fgm-girls

A total of 578 girls were treated for female genital mutilation in England in March in what campaigners said was just the tip of the iceberg. The latest figures, from the Health and Social Care Information Centre, bring the total of identified cases to 3,963 since data began to be collected on FGM in September. Sixty of the newly identified cases reported involved under-18s.

Tackling FGM has risen up the political agenda since last year, after high-profile campaigns gained public support. A Guardian petition saw the Department for Education write to schools about the dangers of FGM, while steps have been taken by the Department of Health and the Home Office to ensure cases are recorded and victims are better supported.

Why don't we see this being tackled or mentioned in the main press....

Back to top Go down

female genital mutilation..will it stop .. Empty Re: female genital mutilation..will it stop ..

Post by Guest Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:29 pm

the govt will make all the right noises....then as ever in such matters....do nothing....

Back to top Go down

female genital mutilation..will it stop .. Empty Re: female genital mutilation..will it stop ..

Post by Guest Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:06 pm

victorismyhero wrote:the govt will make all the right noises....then as ever in such matters....do nothing....

that seems to be the way with moslems, I don't know what hold they have over the free world but they seem to get what ever they want...

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:04 pm

heavenlyfatheryetagain wrote:
victorismyhero wrote:the govt will make all the right noises....then as ever in such matters....do nothing....

that seems to be the way with moslems, I don't know what hold they have over the free world but they seem to get what ever they want...

Everyone has their preference when it comes to genital mutilation. Don't forget Christians and Jews with their circumcision.

You'd think all monotheistic religions would just sit back and chill...enjoy the work of their god. But no...one bite at the apple and they think they can do it better. Evil or Very Mad

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:42 pm

Original Quill wrote:

Everyone has their preference when it comes to genital mutilation.  Don't forget Christians and Jews with their circumcision.

You'd think all monotheistic religions would just sit back and chill...enjoy the work of their god.  But no...one bite at the apple and they think they can do it better.  Evil or Very Mad

oh I knew that would come up, trying to compare circumcision to female genital mutilation... a different name but clearly the same idiot....

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:28 am

Original Quill wrote:

Everyone has their preference when it comes to genital mutilation.  Don't forget Christians and Jews with their circumcision.

You'd think all monotheistic religions would just sit back and chill...enjoy the work of their god.  But no...one bite at the apple and they think they can do it better.  Evil or Very Mad

oh I knew that would come up, trying to compare circumcision to female genital mutilation... a different name but clearly the same idiot....

Are you trying to say something, heaves?  You are not making any sense.

Let's start over.  

Circumcision: to remove the prepuce of (a male), especially as a religious rite.  FGM is the same thing:  to remove the prepuce, or labia of (a female).

Both are done for religious reasons.  Get rid of religion and we would have none of these foolish rituals. Think about it, nonce.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:11 am

But it not just the Labia removed, the Clitoris is cut out as well. You did not know this did you?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:51 am

nicko wrote:But it not just the Labia removed, the Clitoris is cut out as well.    You did not know this did you?

Actually, you haven't got the whole picture, and thus make numerous confused comparisons.  'Circumcision' comes from the Latin word to cut around (circa = around; caesa = to cut), which is what one does when removing the prepuce or foreskin of the penis.  Females do not have a penis, so there is nothing to cut around on the female.  The homologous part to the male penis in the female is the clitoris; and the covering on the female is known as the 'hood'.  Technically, it is also known by the same name as in the male: the prepuce.  

Thus, the analogous surgical procedure to circumcision in the female is a 'hoodectomy'.  The female vulva also has a pair of labia, or smaller, inner lips.  Another surgical procedure, similar to a hoodectomy, is the labia recession, again involving the cutting away of part of the organ and reducing the size of it.

What you are thinking of is an entirely different surgical procedure: the complete removal of the clitoris...or, a clitorectomy,  Since the penis and clitoris are homologous organs, complete removal of the clitoris would be analogous to complete removal of the penis, which is called a penectomy, which also is not a circumcision.  Both clitorectomy and penectomy are much different and more drastic procedures than cutting away the prepuce.

Don't ask me how I know all of this.   Razz   My father was a physician and my daughter is a physician, and human anatomy is not an uncommon discussion around our homes.

Since the whole practice of genital mutilation has become politicized, it is probably wise to educate yourself, lest you be ridiculed for lack of knowledge in a sensitive discussion.  The next time you enter into such a discussion you will be better prepared to correctly use the terms.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:05 am

Big headed prat
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:30 am

Original Quill wrote:
nicko wrote:But it not just the Labia removed, the Clitoris is cut out as well.    You did not know this did you?

Actually, you haven't got the whole picture, and thus make numerous confused comparisons.  'Circumcision' comes from the Latin word to cut around (circa = around; caesa = to cut), which is what one does when removing the prepuce or foreskin of the penis.  Females do not have a penis, so there is nothing to cut around on the female.  The homologous part to the male penis in the female is the clitoris; and the covering on the female is known as the 'hood'.  Technically, it is also known by the same name as in the male: the prepuce.  

Thus, the analogous surgical procedure to circumcision in the female is a 'hoodectomy'.  The female vulva also has a pair of labia, or smaller, inner lips.  Another surgical procedure, similar to a hoodectomy, is the labia recession, again involving the cutting away of part of the organ and reducing the size of it.

What you are thinking of is an entirely different surgical procedure: the complete removal of the clitoris...or, a clitorectomy,  Since the penis and clitoris are homologous organs, complete removal of the clitoris would be analogous to complete removal of the penis, which is called a penectomy, which also is not a circumcision.  Both clitorectomy and penectomy are much different and more drastic procedures than cutting away the prepuce.

Don't ask me how I know all of this.   Razz   My father was a physician and my daughter is a physician, and human anatomy is not an uncommon discussion around our homes.

Since the whole practice of genital mutilation has become politicized, it is probably wise to educate yourself, lest you be ridiculed for lack of knowledge in a sensitive discussion.  The next time you enter into such a discussion you will be better prepared to correctly use the terms.

However Dear Quill

A mans circumcision doesn't have long term ill effects

whereas FGM is totally unnecessary and its painful through out a woman's life.
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by SEXY MAMA Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:44 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:So some are so ignorant that get think FGM is an exclusively Muslim problem.

It's not even - it's actually an African problem, as many African Christians practice FGM too.

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2014/oct/02/reza-aslan/fact-checking-reza-aslans-retort-bill-maher/

Those ignorant fuckers will still be ignorant though!

We have been saying this since the sky days lol
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:47 pm

Original Quill wrote:

Are you trying to say something, heaves?  You are not making any sense.

Let's start over.  

Circumcision: to remove the prepuce of (a male), especially as a religious rite.  FGM is the same thing:  to remove the prepuce, or labia of (a female).

Both are done for religious reasons.  Get rid of religion and we would have none of these foolish rituals.  Think about it, nonce.

lol you will be telling me next female genital mutilation is done under sterile and healthy conditions....lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:49 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:So some are so ignorant that get think FGM is an exclusively Muslim problem.

It's not even - it's actually an African problem, as many African Christians practice FGM too.

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2014/oct/02/reza-aslan/fact-checking-reza-aslans-retort-bill-maher/

and yu think these african"christians" are practicing it in Britain...??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:51 pm

WHICHEVER faith practices it need to be prosecuted end of .
I don't care women babies little girls need to be left alone, we're made this way for a reason .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:59 pm

Vicar Of Dibley wrote:WHICHEVER faith practices it need to be prosecuted end of .
I don't care women babies little girls need to be left alone, we're made this way for a reason .

very well said...

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:49 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

However Dear Quill

A mans circumcision doesn't have long term ill effects

whereas FGM is totally unnecessary  and its painful through out a woman's life.

I wish you had read my post in its entirety. If you had, you would not still be comparing circumcision to FGM. There is no equivalency.

Female genital mutilation is one of two categories of genital mutilation: FMG and Male genital mutilation (MGM). Under male genital mutilation there is circumcision and penectomy. There is also castration, which I did not mention. Under FGM there is hoodectomy, labia rescission and clitorectomy. There is also hysterectomy, but while that is a fitting category in the reproductive system, it does not qualify as external mutilation.

While there are serious issues with any genital mutilation, the three most drastic forms are two on males, and one on females. On males, there is castration and penectomy. On females, there is the clitorectomy.

You are comparing a clitorectomy with circumcision. There is no equivalency between those two procedures. The two homologous organs between male and female are penis and clitoris. If you want equivalency, you must compare excising (cutting off) the clitoris with excising the entire penis. The long term effects of both are catastrophic.

The analogous operation to circumcision in the female, is a hoodectomy. Excising the prepuce in both male and female can be consequential, but not so much as complete removal of the organ.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:02 pm

Sexy Mama wrote:A mans circumcision doesn't have long term ill effects

To the contrary, circumcision removes the protective covering of the glans, an organ having mucocutaneous tissue. The prepuce is a protective layer like the eyelid; consider what would happen if your eyelids were excised (cut off).  The glans unprotected, circumcision removes protection from foreign particles, and removes about 70% of the nerve receptors of the penis, meaning that sexual pleasure is reduced by that much.

After circumcision, the glans becomes cornified, or keratinized.  This is conversion of epithelium to the stratified squamous type.  Keratin formation is characterized by development of a horny layer, which, like scar tissue, has little or no feeling.

Last edited by Original Quill on Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:04 pm

heavenlyfatheryetagain wrote:Why don't we see this being tackled or mentioned in the main press....

Your link is to The Guardian.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:07 pm

nicko wrote:Big headed prat

Haha...you wear your jealousy openly, don't you? Rolling Eyes

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:02 pm

!!You think i'm jealous of you? Ha ha ha.

Big headed prat!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:47 pm

nicko wrote:!!You think i'm jealous of you?   Ha ha ha.

Big headed prat!

I know it. I'll give you a hint nicko: the way around a lack of self-esteem does not lie in trying to make another responsible for your inadequacies. Look inside.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:17 pm

You do talk a load of balls sometimes Quill, why don't you shut your mouth and give your arse a chance. [old English insult].
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:04 pm

nicko wrote:You do talk a load of balls sometimes Quill,    why don't you shut your mouth and give your arse a chance. [old English insult].

Nicko, your trash adds nothing to this place. Isn't there another site where you guys do that back and forth. It's a waste over here.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down