NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charity race for children's hospice where runners dress in drag is 'a hate crime'

2 posters

Go down

Charity race for children's hospice where runners dress in drag is 'a hate crime' Empty Charity race for children's hospice where runners dress in drag is 'a hate crime'

Post by Guest Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:22 am

A charity fun run that invited men to dress up as women is being investigated by police after a transgender charity claimed the dress code constituted a hate crime. Officers were asked to look into the 'Dames on the Run' race - where men run dressed as women to raise funds for a children's hospice - by a transsexual support group. Chrysalis Transsexual Support Groups say the five kilometre run, organised by Derian House Children's Hospice, in Chorley, Lancashire, is "dehumanising". They are now attempting to stop the run, due to take place in October, which raises money to support the hospice that looks after sick and terminally ill children. Steph Holmes, of Chrysalis, said: "We get enough confusion with the word transgender, which mixes us up with transvestites

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/11818229/Charity-race-for-childrens-hospice-where-runners-dress-in-drag-is-a-hate-crime.html

I have to say I find it a tad over the top to class as a hate crime, where no hate was intended.

Back to top Go down

Charity race for children's hospice where runners dress in drag is 'a hate crime' Empty Re: Charity race for children's hospice where runners dress in drag is 'a hate crime'

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:45 pm

Oh FFS.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Charity race for children's hospice where runners dress in drag is 'a hate crime' Empty Re: Charity race for children's hospice where runners dress in drag is 'a hate crime'

Post by Guest Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:58 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Oh FFS.

That was my first thought here too when I first read.
Its very absurd
Have a good evening

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:16 am

One of the few things in the world that is almost objectively funny is men in drag, and it's a proud British comedic tradition. I'd really like someone from that organization to explain how it's "dehumanizing," I think it's quite the opposite.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:20 am

thus is revealed the end point of leftist/liberalist "logical thinking"

Not interested in any auctal "hate" or any sort of problems for the community they claim to represent , they look around to see whos innocent fun they can disrupt.

you can see it in almost any issue.

Personally i think its because lefties are generally idle and have too much time on their hands and are so bloody miserable (due to concentrating on any misery they can find) that they cannot stand the idea of anyone haveing fun

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:59 am

It's this "victimhood" thing again. So many people these days want to be victims, and they want to let everyone know they're victims. This charity has been very polite in response and they've even apololgised, but I really wish someone would just tell this bunch of twats that they're the ones being offensive, and to pull themselves together.

The police can't say anything publically, but I hope there was a lot of eye-rolling going on.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:08 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:One of the few things in the world that is almost objectively funny is men in drag, and it's a proud British comedic tradition. I'd really like someone from that organization to explain how it's "dehumanizing," I think it's quite the opposite.

Couldn't agree more, and my friend is transgender, she read it and rolled her eyes!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down