NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mike Huckabee: 10-year-old rape victim should be forced to carry rapist’s baby

2 posters

Go down

Mike Huckabee: 10-year-old rape victim should be forced to carry rapist’s baby Empty Mike Huckabee: 10-year-old rape victim should be forced to carry rapist’s baby

Post by Guest Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:48 pm

Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee argued over the weekend that a 10-year-old girl should have been forced to carry her pregnancy to term after she was raped. During an interview on Sunday, CNN host Dana Bash asked the GOP candidate if he would refuse an abortion to a 10-year-old girl in Paraguay, who was allegedly raped by her stepfather. “Creating one problem that is horrible — let nobody be misled, a 10-year-old girl being raped is horrible — but does it solve a problem by taking the life of an innocent child?” Huckabee said. “And that’s really the issue.”

The former Arkansas governor recalled that he had known a man who was born as the result of a rape after doctors in Texas refused to give his mother an abortion. “Today, his organization feeds, cares for and brings living capacity for water to hundreds of thousands of people across the world,” Huckabee noted. “That would never have happened… So when I think about one horror, I also think about the possibilities.” He agreed that it wouldn’t be “easy” to force a 10-year-old girl to carry her rapist’s baby, “but let’s not compound the tragedy by taking yet another life.”

“When an abortion happens, there are two victims,” he insisted. “One is the child, the other is that birth mother, who often will go through extraordinary guilt years later when she begins to think through what happened, with the baby, with her.” “There are no easy answers here,” Huckabee opined. “And I realize that there are some people that will be very different in their view of this than me. And I respect that. I don’t want to get into a shouting match with people who think I’m wrong. I respect that.” “I just come down on the side that every life is precious. I don’t think we discount the intrinsic worth of any human being, and I don’t know where else to go with it.”

Watch the video below from CNN’s State of the Union, broadcast Aug. 16, 2015.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/08/mike-huckabee-10-year-old-rape-victim-should-be-forced-to-carry-rapists-baby/

Beggars belief.

Back to top Go down

Mike Huckabee: 10-year-old rape victim should be forced to carry rapist’s baby Empty Re: Mike Huckabee: 10-year-old rape victim should be forced to carry rapist’s baby

Post by Guest Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:51 pm

Vile man.

Back to top Go down

Mike Huckabee: 10-year-old rape victim should be forced to carry rapist’s baby Empty Re: Mike Huckabee: 10-year-old rape victim should be forced to carry rapist’s baby

Post by Original Quill Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:03 pm

Huckabee is the former governor of Arkansas, true, but he is best known as a Christian minister. A graduate of Ouachita Baptist University, completing his bachelor's degree in Religion, and attending Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Fort Worth, Texas, he served as pastor at Immanuel Baptist Church in Pine Bluff, Arkansas from 1980 to 1986, and the Beech Street Baptist Church in Texarkana from 1986 to 1992.

He is the prototypical Christian terrorist.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:39 am

Sorry but if I were the mother of the raped child I'd have done the kindest thing possible and wished for her to abort the baby.

Harsh, but there you go.

Poor kid.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:49 am

eddie wrote:Sorry but if I were the mother of the raped child I'd have done the kindest thing possible and wished for her to abort the baby.

Harsh, but there you go.

Poor kid.

Me too, just think of the damage it would do to her immature body to have it, apart from anything else.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:02 am

sassy wrote:
eddie wrote:Sorry but if I were the mother of the raped child I'd have done the kindest thing possible and wished for her to abort the baby.

Harsh, but there you go.

Poor kid.

Me too, just think of the damage it would do to her immature body to have it, apart from anything else.

Exactly. Sometimes the hardest decisions are the kindest to make.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:06 am

Well, on that very sad note, I'm for bed, night.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down