NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jobless young people to attend 'boot camps' in 'no excuses' crackdown on youth unemployment

Go down

Jobless young people to attend 'boot camps' in 'no excuses' crackdown on youth unemployment  Empty Jobless young people to attend 'boot camps' in 'no excuses' crackdown on youth unemployment

Post by Guest Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:25 am

Jobless young people will be made to attend “boot camps” in return for benefits as part of a new Conservative drive to bring a “no excuses” culture to youth employment. Under the plan, anyone under 21 who is out of work and on benefits will have to take part in a three-week intensive course to help them find employment or training. They will have to sign up to the programme within a month of claiming benefits – or see those benefits stopped. The course, which ministers are provocatively describing as a “boot camp”, includes practising job applications and interview techniques. It is expected to take 71 hours to complete and benefits will be dependent on attendance.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/jobless-young-people-to-attend-boot-camps-in-no-excuses-crackdown-on-youth-unemployment-10458357.html

Seems very beneficial though stopping all benefits is a tad extreme.

Back to top Go down

Jobless young people to attend 'boot camps' in 'no excuses' crackdown on youth unemployment  Empty Re: Jobless young people to attend 'boot camps' in 'no excuses' crackdown on youth unemployment

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:20 am

Why limit it to people who are under 21?

I think the idea is to stop people claiming benefits as a lifestyle choice, and that's not limited to younger people.

I think it might actually also be helpful for those who kind of don't deliberately stay on benefits but have lost confidence in themselves and are afraid to look for work or whatever.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Jobless young people to attend 'boot camps' in 'no excuses' crackdown on youth unemployment  Empty Re: Jobless young people to attend 'boot camps' in 'no excuses' crackdown on youth unemployment

Post by Guest Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:28 am

Raggamuffin wrote:Why limit it to people who are under 21?

I think the idea is to stop people claiming benefits as a lifestyle choice, and that's not limited to younger people.

I think it might actually also be helpful for those who kind of don't deliberately stay on benefits but have lost confidence in themselves and are afraid to look for work or whatever.

Fair point to others who may well need this help also.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down