NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rape Survivor Denied Abortion Forced To Balance 40kg Rock On Head In 'Purity Test'

Go down

Rape Survivor Denied Abortion Forced To Balance 40kg Rock On Head In 'Purity Test' Empty Rape Survivor Denied Abortion Forced To Balance 40kg Rock On Head In 'Purity Test'

Post by Guest Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:09 pm

An Indian rape survivor has reportedly been ordered to balance a 40kg rock on her head in order to “prove her purity” so she may cohabit with her husband again.The woman was denied an abortion by the High Court in Gujarat after falling pregnant during the attack, and now she must endure this test, India Today reports.She told the channel: “I am very scared. Once my attacker is out of jail, he has threatened me that he will kill me.”

The woman has already given birth and was forced to give the child up to the government, Vice News reports.
It adds that it is unclear how long she is expected to balance the rock on her head, musing: “Her observers would await some sort of spiritual signal to show that she had passed.”The Pakistan Express Tribune writes: “'Agnipariksha’, which means ‘test of fire’, is a traditional practice carried out in some parts of India because the virtue of women who have suffered sexual abuse is considered to be ‘tainted’.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/08/10/rape-survivor-denied-abortion-forced-balance-40kg-rock-head-purity-test_n_7964312.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

Back to top Go down

Rape Survivor Denied Abortion Forced To Balance 40kg Rock On Head In 'Purity Test' Empty Re: Rape Survivor Denied Abortion Forced To Balance 40kg Rock On Head In 'Purity Test'

Post by eddie Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:53 pm

Sorry, I know we must be tolerant of others' beliefs and ways of doing things but this is utterly ridiculous and utterly idiotic!!!
The poor woman has suffered enough and now has to prance about with a lump of rock on her head????
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Rape Survivor Denied Abortion Forced To Balance 40kg Rock On Head In 'Purity Test' Empty Re: Rape Survivor Denied Abortion Forced To Balance 40kg Rock On Head In 'Purity Test'

Post by Guest Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:55 pm

eddie wrote:Sorry, I know we must be tolerant of others' beliefs and ways of doing things but this is utterly ridiculous and utterly idiotic!!!
The poor woman has suffered enough and now has to prance  about with a lump of rock on her head????

Noooo!
You can't say that, it's their culture. It's racist to criticise

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:13 pm

Nems wrote:
eddie wrote:Sorry, I know we must be tolerant of others' beliefs and ways of doing things but this is utterly ridiculous and utterly idiotic!!!
The poor woman has suffered enough and now has to prance  about with a lump of rock on her head????

Noooo!
You can't say that, it's their culture. It's racist to criticise

Lol

Don't care. It's a dumbass thing to do.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:14 pm

Good to see you are catching on, as we should never tolerant such bad beliefs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down