NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Nazis secretly eat falafel': German town's pro-refugee posters

4 posters

Go down

'Nazis secretly eat falafel': German town's pro-refugee posters Empty 'Nazis secretly eat falafel': German town's pro-refugee posters

Post by Irn Bru Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:27 pm

In response to a wave of recent anti-refugee protests across Germany, a political activist placed pro-refugee posters at bus stops in the small town of Freital, sparking a debate online.

The messages were a mixture of serious and tongue-in-cheek, written in both English and German: "Refugees welcome", "Nobody is illegal" and "Nazis secretly eat falafel". They were posted by an anti-racist campaigner who runs a Facebook page called Dies Irae, which translates as Day of Wrath.

The words were intended as messages of support for the refugees who have been housed in the area, which witnessed high-profile demonstrations by far-right groups earlier this month. That was part of the reason it was selected by the activist, who does not live in the town. "Nobody would notice if you posted these in [a big city like] Dresden," he tells BBC Trending, "but if you take action in a small town like Freital, they get attention." He declined to give his name, saying he feared reprisals from far-right groups.

The posters themselves, hung last week, lasted less than a day before being removed, but the images have garnered much more attention online. Collectively they have been liked and shared more than 80,000 times on Facebook, and spawned a debate about the stunt.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-33691246

Oh well, there's alaways that Laughing

Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

'Nazis secretly eat falafel': German town's pro-refugee posters Empty Re: 'Nazis secretly eat falafel': German town's pro-refugee posters

Post by Guest Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:31 pm

It never fails to amaze me, the ability of some to demonise people who have undergone terrible hardships and violence, and the ability of others to stand up for them. Good for him.

Back to top Go down

'Nazis secretly eat falafel': German town's pro-refugee posters Empty Re: 'Nazis secretly eat falafel': German town's pro-refugee posters

Post by eddie Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:48 pm

I love falafels. In pitta bread with grated carrot and humus.

Just thought I'd mention it Embarassed
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:48 am

falafel = chickpeas = No 'Nazis secretly eat falafel': German town's pro-refugee posters 3633442240

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:00 am

victorismyhero wrote:falafel = chickpeas = No 'Nazis secretly eat falafel': German town's pro-refugee posters 3633442240

I've never had chickpeas or Falafel. Is it sort of like Haggis? Laughing
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:01 am

have ya got a spare haggis or two?

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:09 am

victorismyhero wrote:have ya got a spare haggis or two?

Catching them is easy as one leg is shorter than the other so they just run round in circles.

Laughing
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:13 am

I heard you have to chase em wrong way round a mountain

then they fall over and roll to the bottom.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:24 am

victorismyhero wrote:I heard you have to chase em wrong way round a mountain

then they fall over and roll to the bottom.....

Yes, that's it Vic. No ammo needed so no meat lost.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:00 am

Irn Bru wrote:
victorismyhero wrote:falafel = chickpeas = No 'Nazis secretly eat falafel': German town's pro-refugee posters 3633442240

I've never had chickpeas or Falafel. Is it sort of like Haggis? Laughing

its basically a seasoned chickpea rissole Cool
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:39 am

Falafel is delicious, everyone should eat it. Seriously, I doubt those who bash it have ever had it, much like people who bash sushi.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:22 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:Falafel is delicious, everyone should eat it. Seriously, I doubt those who bash it have ever had it, much like people who bash sushi.

Exactly!!!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:47 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:Falafel is delicious, everyone should eat it. Seriously, I doubt those who bash it have ever had it, much like people who bash sushi.

Love Falafel, sushi makes me want to throw up! Simply cannot stand the texture of raw fish. Loathe smoked salmon for the same reason.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down