NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cannabis growers should not face prosecution,

Go down

Cannabis growers should not face prosecution, Empty Cannabis growers should not face prosecution,

Post by Guest Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:53 am

says police chief who has stopped targeting 'small-scale' producers

Police throughout England and Wales are being urged to end the blanket criminal prosecution of all cannabis growers by a north-east police commissioner who says his force is already by-passing Home Office guidelines on cultivating the banned drug and no longer targets small-scale production.

In one of the most significant shifts towards formal decriminalisation, Ron Hogg, Durham Constabulary’s police and crime commissioner, who is a former deputy chief constable, said his force’s scarce resources were no longer being used against small growers and were instead being deployed against the “multi-million pound business of organised crime, drug dealers, and street gangs.”

continuied
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/cannabis-growers-should-not-face-prosecution-says-police-chief-who-has-stopped-targeting-smallscale-producers-10405887.html

some good news i hope this takes off

Many could make quite a good living

Back to top Go down

Cannabis growers should not face prosecution, Empty Re: Cannabis growers should not face prosecution,

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:16 am

korban dallas wrote:says police chief who has stopped targeting 'small-scale' producers

Police throughout England and Wales are being urged to end the blanket criminal prosecution of all cannabis growers by a north-east police commissioner who says his force is already by-passing Home Office guidelines on cultivating the banned drug and no longer targets small-scale production.

In one of the most significant shifts towards formal decriminalisation, Ron Hogg, Durham Constabulary’s police and crime commissioner, who is a former deputy chief constable, said his force’s scarce resources were no longer being used against small growers and were instead being deployed against the “multi-million pound business of organised crime, drug dealers, and street gangs.”

continuied
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/cannabis-growers-should-not-face-prosecution-says-police-chief-who-has-stopped-targeting-smallscale-producers-10405887.html

some good news i hope this takes off

Many could make quite a good living  

From what I've heard from people in law enforcement, there are some police forces around where I live that take the same kind of attitude. You're far more likely to go to jail if police find an illegal weapon in your vehicle than a personal-use amount of marijuana, for example. Oh, and they never EVER investigate allegations of polygamy unless it's an abuse case.

It's a good thing, I think most people would prefer police focus on violence prevention than anybody leading a supposedly "immoral" lifestyle.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down