NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bunny Burger

3 posters

Go down

Bunny Burger Empty Bunny Burger

Post by Guest Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:11 pm

Sass...you gotta try this, I miss out the chilli because I'm slightly allergic to it

Back to top Go down

Bunny Burger Empty Re: Bunny Burger

Post by eddie Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:14 pm

No
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:15 pm

whassup?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:40 pm

You know..... Evil or Very Mad
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:48 pm

moi?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:25 pm

Victor, you found me a new recipe! Now where am I going to get wild rabbit them as our brilliant butcher has had to close.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:29 pm

I want a mincer bounce
I think I will buy one he says they are worth it.

a little disappointed victor (I thought you were trying to make people squirm) Suspect
the rabbits were already cleaned and skinned and there was no heads to be seen Twisted Evil
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:32 pm

I've skinned a rabbit, no worse than sticking your fingers under the skin of a chicken to put butter and garlic against to flesh of the breast to keep it moist. Not half as bad as gutting fish and descaling them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:34 pm

dunno...ATM rabbits round our way are a bit thin on the ground and manky

A combination of HVD (rabbit ebola) and Pasturella have hit them hard, most of my shooting this last two months has been humane destruction, with the meat not fit for consumption....

give it another couple of months and we will be clear again ....

here's hoping for a mild winter to give stocks a chance to recover

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:37 pm

Nope veya that wasnt the intent...despite the suspicions of someone on here

sass had asked me a bit back for rabbit recipies

as the guy says , you cant beat it for freshness and "organic-ness"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:40 pm

dismantling a rabbit takes me about 2 mins from start to finish.....

I usually paunch them in the field to prevent spoilage and I have a small fridge in my shooting vehicle to keep em cool in , if I'm going to be out and about any length of time.

I usually call back to the vehicle as I move from one warren to another (about 10 in total on my permission)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:57 pm

I know the rabbit population is down so I might have to wait for a bit, well, will have to anyway until I find a new supplier. Don't want the farmed stuff they sell in supermarkets.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:20 am

Bunny Burger 3201073460
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:23 am

fungus muncher Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:23 am

Mould masher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:26 am

Sorry Eddie, I was a veggie for some time and I love my fruit, veg, fungus etc etc, but I came to an understanding about meat.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:48 am

sassy wrote:I've skinned a rabbit, no worse than sticking your fingers under the skin of a chicken to put butter and garlic against to flesh of the breast to keep it moist.   Not half as bad as gutting fish and descaling them.

I haven;t skinned rabbits

but have a very strong memory from one of my early jobs of coming in on Saturday morning hungover and having to skin and peel cow rib racks for several hours. after a while you just get over it it is much easier to pull the skins and membranes off with your finger than a knife etc.

Plus I can remember making Rillettes with my french grandfather out of boiled pigs heads so generally i have no problem with this stuff and think if you are going to eat meat you should be OK with it.

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:38 am

One day in late November on a mixed shoot I shot 2 Canadian geese, 2 ducks I Pheasant and I Rabbit. My daughter aged 14 at that time skinned, gutted and de-feathered the lot in about 2 hours or so. I cannot repeat what my Wife said when she saw the state of the Kitchen!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:44 pm

lol Nicko....mrs victor is a gem...she not only shoots (and remarkably well seeing as she didnt start till last year) but she skins plucks and cooks Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:24 pm

Hahahahahaha vic I love the names! lol!

Sassy I have always been a bit funny with meat, but it's not an "animal rights" thing...it's more what seems to suit my body tbh. I just feel better when I don't eat meat (and cream weirdly enough but no other dairy affects me like that?)

And also of course it allows me to wind Vic up Razz
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:50 pm

just for that eddie

ROAST pigeon

A few weeks ago some 14 pigeon accidentally collided with my shot pattern and found there way to my plucking shed(lock up garage) . These were all young birds with white neck rings just forming so having picked out four with the least number of pellets I fully plucked and dressed those 4 and filleted the remainder. Sunday past I retrieved the 4 birds from the freezer and allowed to de-frost and decided to give them the roast grouse treatment , that is short and hot. Seasoned with salt and pepper, half a sausage in the rear and a rasher of streaky bacon over the breast. Twelve minutes in a fan oven at 190 deg, and twenty minutes resting under tinfoil. Without a doubt it was the most tender meat I have ever eaten virtually melted in the mouth. It was inclined more to the red side of pink but all my guests voted it a big success. Next time 15 minutes in the oven and see what happens. In passing I would add that the birds had all been feeding on beech mast and were not only tender but delicious also.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:50 am

For a quick snack, cut off the breasts of a couple of "woodies" fry both sides in Butter for 3 mins . Place between two slices of buttered bread and enjoy. Or just eat from the pan !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:01 am

nicko wrote:For a quick snack, cut off the breasts of a couple of  "woodies" fry both sides in Butter for 3 mins . Place between two slices of buttered bread and enjoy.    Or just eat from the pan !

that will do me ...done it whilst out in the hide for lunch ....talk about fresh Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:58 am

Hi,Vic, do you ever do any fishing [coarse]?
As I can't travel too far i'm limited to local lakes and one small river. All the lakes charge £8 a day and as I can only fish for around 3 or 4 hours before I get too knackered it's getting too expensive.
There is one lake just 5 mins drive away, you'v heard of the NEC I should think, big lake called
Pendingo,£20 a year to fish, Applied for membership,
accepted 3 weeks ago, been waiting for members card and have now missed all good weather. grrrrrrr.

nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:02 pm

PS, hundreds of geese fly over my house every morning and evening to and from the lake. The temptation is over whelming.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:15 pm

not much good at drowning worms Nicko...I havnt the patience....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:15 pm

nicko wrote:PS,  hundreds of geese fly over my house every morning and evening to and from the lake.    The temptation is over whelming.

I bet Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:49 pm

victorismyhero wrote:just for that eddie

ROAST pigeon

A few weeks ago some 14 pigeon accidentally collided with my shot pattern and found there way to my plucking shed(lock up garage) .   These were all young birds with white neck rings just forming so having picked out four with the least number of pellets I fully plucked and dressed those 4 and filleted the remainder.  Sunday past I retrieved the 4 birds from the freezer and allowed to de-frost and decided to give them the roast grouse treatment , that is short and hot.   Seasoned with salt and pepper, half a sausage in the rear and a rasher of streaky bacon over the breast.  Twelve minutes in a fan oven at 190 deg, and twenty minutes resting under tinfoil.   Without a doubt it was the most tender meat I have ever eaten virtually melted in the mouth.  It was inclined more to the red side of pink but all my guests voted it a big success.  Next time 15 minutes in the oven and see what happens.  In passing I would add that the birds had all been feeding on beech mast and were not only tender but delicious also.

Pfffff! You should've just eaten them raw, feathers and all.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:20 pm

Hi edd's, did that once, not the feathers though, along with other nasty things on Army survival course.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:45 pm

eddie wrote:
victorismyhero wrote:just for that eddie

ROAST pigeon

A few weeks ago some 14 pigeon accidentally collided with my shot pattern and found there way to my plucking shed(lock up garage) .   These were all young birds with white neck rings just forming so having picked out four with the least number of pellets I fully plucked and dressed those 4 and filleted the remainder.  Sunday past I retrieved the 4 birds from the freezer and allowed to de-frost and decided to give them the roast grouse treatment , that is short and hot.   Seasoned with salt and pepper, half a sausage in the rear and a rasher of streaky bacon over the breast.  Twelve minutes in a fan oven at 190 deg, and twenty minutes resting under tinfoil.   Without a doubt it was the most tender meat I have ever eaten virtually melted in the mouth.  It was inclined more to the red side of pink but all my guests voted it a big success.  Next time 15 minutes in the oven and see what happens.  In passing I would add that the birds had all been feeding on beech mast and were not only tender but delicious also.

Pfffff! You should've just eaten them raw, feathers and all.
I think I spit enough feathers on here as it is.....

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:03 pm

nicko wrote:Hi edd's,   did that once, not the feathers though,  along with other nasty things on Army survival course.

Hey nicko
One word: YUCK No
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:46 pm

If it dont squeek when you bite it...it aint fresh enough
"how would you like your steak Sir?"

"Rare, I mean REALLY rare"

"just how rare, sir"

"will it moo when I bite it???"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:52 pm

eddie wrote:
nicko wrote:Hi edd's,   did that once, not the feathers though,  along with other nasty things on Army survival course.

Hey nicko
One word: YUCK No
Yuk indeed i only eat beef Bunny Burger 202592697 and it has to be so well done it tastes burnt and is black round the edges yum yum

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:13 pm

Worms aren't too bad if you boil em first.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:16 pm

bit tasteless though...

dry em and use em as an "extender" in soups...thats the way to do it....high protein too...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:19 pm

nicko....you got PM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down