NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black man needs five surgeries after cops accidentally break his face over small amount of weed

Go down

Black man needs five surgeries after cops accidentally break his face over small amount of weed Empty Black man needs five surgeries after cops accidentally break his face over small amount of weed

Post by Guest Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:55 pm

The Hampton Police Division wants everyone to know they’re very sorry about accidents and keen on transparency, which is why they released dascham video of a man falling on his face during a search with 20 seconds of disclaimer text that says just that. It took them two months to release the video. Andre Lloyd Wiggins, a 59-year-old Army veteran, was pulled over by Hampton, Virginia police on May 14. The video shows him leaned against a van as officers search it. One officer is holding Wiggins’ foot in an attempt to remove his boot. Wiggins, who is handcuffed, can then be seen losing his balance and toppling over. “[The officer] was shaking his head and he was apologizing to me,” his wife told local news outlet WAVY. “He said he was so sorry about what had happened and he told me that there was a tape recording of the incident, and he also told me that I could get a copy.” As a result of hitting the ground full force, face first, Wiggins broke his jaw, lost four teeth and nearly bit off his tongue, local WAVY reports. He has had multiple surgeries and can’t speak.

He was not charged with any crime.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/07/black-man-needs-five-surgeries-after-cops-accidentially-break-his-face-over-small-amount-of-weed/

Back to top Go down