NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Six degrees is apparently cold to Sydney-ites

+2
Irn Bru
Ben Reilly
6 posters

Go down

Six degrees is apparently cold to Sydney-ites Empty Six degrees is apparently cold to Sydney-ites

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:32 am

Six degrees is apparently cold to Sydney-ites 3201073460

That ain't even cold in Texas!

Sydney's run of exceptionally chilly mornings could become the city's coldest spell in more than three decades – and a return to milder conditions may be weeks away.

The mercury dipped to 6 degrees on Monday morning, making it four days in a row of temperatures of 6.2 degrees or cooler.

We could have our coldest run of weather for a few years

That's the longest run of such days for Sydney in 17 years and Tuesday morning is a chance to make it five days - a stint not seen since 1983, Brett Dutschke, senior meteorologist with Weatherzone, said.

http://www.smh.com.au/environment/weather/weeks-of-chill-ahead-as-polar-air-moves-in-over-australia-20150706-gi5xw1.html

Meanwhile, not even five months ago here:

Six degrees is apparently cold to Sydney-ites Monday%20Sleet%20DK%2003

(I'm just playing, Australia; you know I love you)
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Six degrees is apparently cold to Sydney-ites Empty Re: Six degrees is apparently cold to Sydney-ites

Post by Irn Bru Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:18 am

At temperatures of 6.2 degrees we'd be sunbathing here Laughing
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Six degrees is apparently cold to Sydney-ites Empty Re: Six degrees is apparently cold to Sydney-ites

Post by Guest Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:20 pm

bunch of whingeing antipodean wussies..... Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:47 pm

yeah and it is only that cold until the sun comes up it is still reaching 17 ish

Fucking Freezing mate pirat pirat pirat pirat pirat
I mean 17 that is crazy cold Six degrees is apparently cold to Sydney-ites 2190311264
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:51 am

veya_victaous wrote:yeah and it is only that cold until the sun comes up it is still reaching 17 ish

I mean 17 that is crazy cold Six degrees is apparently cold to Sydney-ites 2190311264  

Actually, that feels cold to Texans too when it comes shortly after summer. But we adapt rapidly, we go through our short, bitter winter and it hits 17 again and people start wearing shorts.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:10 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:yeah and it is only that cold until the sun comes up it is still reaching 17 ish

Actually, that feels cold to Texans too when it comes shortly after summer. But we adapt rapidly, we go through our short, bitter winter and it hits 17 again and people start wearing shorts.

17 is our short bitter winter Suspect Suspect Suspect (it pretty much never doesn't reach the mid-teens in the day)

but we seem to vary more from night to day the temp drops rapidly when the sun goes down (it was 2 degrees in the western suburbs before dawn but still 16 during the day)
it is even more so when you are away from the city I suspect it almost entirely the pollution or lack of it that does it.

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:14 am

I would give anything for something below 26C Sad
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:26 am

Eilzel wrote:I would give anything for something below 26C Sad

Pshaw, my friend. It's already getting over 35 here! Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:30 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

17 is our short bitter winter  Suspect  Suspect  Suspect  (it pretty much never doesn't reach the mid-teens in the day)

but we seem to vary more from night to day the temp drops rapidly when the sun goes down (it was 2 degrees in the western suburbs before dawn but still 16 during the day)
it is even more so when you are away from the city I suspect it almost entirely the pollution or lack of it that does it.

In this magical land of North Texas, we routinely see temperatures vary from 40 in the worst part of the summer to sub-zero in the worst part of the winter.

But we rarely get pretty, picturesque snow -- no, here it's hard-pelting frozen rain that forms cobblestone ice in the streets for a week or two ...

Six degrees is apparently cold to Sydney-ites Lv5rm-st-58
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:01 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Eilzel wrote:I would give anything for something below 26C Sad

Pshaw, my friend. It's already getting over 35 here! Smile

35ish here too in the day time; 26 is about as cool as it gets, in the evening, after rain Sad haha
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:35 pm

Oh shuddup you bunch of babies!!

Six degrees is apparently cold to Sydney-ites 2794048296
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:57 am

Six degrees is apparently cold to Sydney-ites ZBD8ZPl
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:50 am

HAHA, we've had a record high of 45 and a record low of -22 ... just in my city Smile For Texas, the records are 49 and -31.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:08 am

just Sydney is
max 45.8
min 2.1
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down