NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest blow to black AME churches in SC: Letters threaten to kill women pastors and their children

2 posters

Go down

Latest blow to black AME churches in SC: Letters threaten to kill women pastors and their children Empty Latest blow to black AME churches in SC: Letters threaten to kill women pastors and their children

Post by Guest Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:53 pm

At least three black churches in South Carolina have received letters threatening violence against women pastors.

WIS reported that the letters had been left at Society Hill AME Church, Reevesville AME Church and one other that was not identified.

The letter received by Pastor Mary Rhodes used Bible verses to warn her to stop preaching “or you and children will die.”

“Whoever wrote this letter has taken the time to find out who I am which means you may know my children, my grandchildren, and I have no clue who you are,” Rhodes told WIS.

A similar letter received by Pastor Valarie Bartley said that “the woman cannot be head of the man in church, home and the world.”

“A lot of people do not respect female pastors,” Rhodes explained. “Sexism in the church has been around for the longest time and it always gets, to my opinion, sort of hidden under the other issues that are there.”

The letters were signed by Apostle Prophet Harry Leon Fleming. The Clarendon County Sheriff’s Office said that the letters and the safety of the pastors were being taken seriously.

“The Clarendon County Sheriff’s Office is continuing their quest in attempt to locate the person or persons responsible for distributing the letters and will have deputies posted at every church that received the letter,” a statement from Clarendon County Sheriff Randy Garrett said. “The citizens of Clarendon County will be able to worship in peace…”

In recent weeks, tragedy has struck a number of AME — or African Methodist Episcopal – churches in South Carolina. Nine members of Emanuel AME Church in Charleston were killed by a white supremacist in June. And just last night, Mount Zion AME Church in Greeleyville burned, although federal investigators have pointed to lightning as the cause.

That was the sixth black church to have been destroyed by fire in the South since the massacre in Charleston. Investigators believe arson is likely in three of those cases.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/07/latest-blow-to-black-ame-churches-in-sc-letters-threaten-to-kill-women-pastors-and-their-children/

Back to top Go down

Latest blow to black AME churches in SC: Letters threaten to kill women pastors and their children Empty Re: Latest blow to black AME churches in SC: Letters threaten to kill women pastors and their children

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:58 pm

"Y'all Qaeda" back at it! Shameful, I hope the Christian community denounces this ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Latest blow to black AME churches in SC: Letters threaten to kill women pastors and their children Empty Re: Latest blow to black AME churches in SC: Letters threaten to kill women pastors and their children

Post by Guest Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:02 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:"Y'all Qaeda" back at it! Shameful, I hope the Christian community denounces this ...
indeed nobody should be threatened with death because of there colour or religion and i would stand with them to denounce and protect them from such hateful actions

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:11 pm

What type of evil twat, threatens to kill women and their children simply because they're doing something that they disagree with?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:23 am

1 Timothy 2.12 King James Bible
But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

This is the verse they are talking about . I think women preachers such as Joyce Meyer are not going against the bible because hers is a woman's ministry .

The scripture does say that women are not allowed to preach , but threatening them and their children for doing so is just violent .

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down