NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Veterans are getting a raw deal, majority of the public believes

Go down

Veterans are getting a raw deal, majority of the public believes Empty Veterans are getting a raw deal, majority of the public believes

Post by Guest Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:45 am

Britain is failing to support men and women who have fought in the Armed Forces, according to the public in a poll conducted by a national military charity.Four years after the Government said it would forge a new Armed Forces covenant, setting out the relationship between the military and society, nearly seven out of 10 say the country should be doing more for those who have served their country.Britain also lags behind America in the benefits and treatments it gives to veterans of its recent wars, most people think.The survey for the country’s oldest national military charity, SSAFA, found 68 per cent of people think “we do not give enough support to those who have served their country in the Armed Forces”. Almost as many said veterans of the Afghan and Iraq wars are better treated across the Atlantic.The research has been carried out ahead of Armed Forces Day next Saturday, which was introduced after a Sunday Telegraph campaign for greater recognition of servicemen and women.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/defence/11689151/Veterans-are-getting-a-raw-deal-majority-of-the-public-believes.html

Back to top Go down

Veterans are getting a raw deal, majority of the public believes Empty Re: Veterans are getting a raw deal, majority of the public believes

Post by Guest Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:34 am

Belatucadros wrote:Britain is failing to support men and women who have fought in the Armed Forces, according to the public in a poll conducted by a national military charity.Four years after the Government said it would forge a new Armed Forces covenant, setting out the relationship between the military and society, nearly seven out of 10 say the country should be doing more for those who have served their country.Britain also lags behind America in the benefits and treatments it gives to veterans of its recent wars, most people think.The survey for the country’s oldest national military charity, SSAFA, found 68 per cent of people think “we do not give enough support to those who have served their country in the Armed Forces”. Almost as many said veterans of the Afghan and Iraq wars are better treated across the Atlantic.The research has been carried out ahead of Armed Forces Day next Saturday, which was introduced after a Sunday Telegraph campaign for greater recognition of servicemen and women.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/defence/11689151/Veterans-are-getting-a-raw-deal-majority-of-the-public-believes.html
As a  Veteran i tend to agree

Back to top Go down

Veterans are getting a raw deal, majority of the public believes Empty Re: Veterans are getting a raw deal, majority of the public believes

Post by Guest Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:56 am

korban dallas wrote:
Belatucadros wrote:Britain is failing to support men and women who have fought in the Armed Forces, according to the public in a poll conducted by a national military charity.Four years after the Government said it would forge a new Armed Forces covenant, setting out the relationship between the military and society, nearly seven out of 10 say the country should be doing more for those who have served their country.Britain also lags behind America in the benefits and treatments it gives to veterans of its recent wars, most people think.The survey for the country’s oldest national military charity, SSAFA, found 68 per cent of people think “we do not give enough support to those who have served their country in the Armed Forces”. Almost as many said veterans of the Afghan and Iraq wars are better treated across the Atlantic.The research has been carried out ahead of Armed Forces Day next Saturday, which was introduced after a Sunday Telegraph campaign for greater recognition of servicemen and women.

I think its appalling how we treat veterans in this country. With more vocal support lets hope that some changes can be brought about to help them.

Back to top Go down

Post by captain Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:47 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
korban dallas wrote:

I think its appalling how we treat veterans in this country. With more vocal support lets hope that some changes can be brought about to help them.

They always have failed ex army, they use them the same way as they treat chickens in a battery farms. They use every living person here before discarding them like trash. All of us are nothing to these people, the ex army are just cannon fodder, same for the police because they are left in impossible situations. Every living human is being mistreated, even the children are used for testing drugs and some unfortunates are used as sex toys and worse for elites. There is a man called John Coles who is an ex serviceman who once worked for Labour, but is now retired. My heart goes out to him as he is tirelessly fighting still for the all of us here, my heart goes out to him and I would love so much to be able to protect him but weak right now and drained of all energy, so hope at least I can get to write to him telling him of my concerns for his life. He is better alive to us than dead. Sad Which I fear he will be, if he keeps taking these corrupt people on.
captain
captain
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down