NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A reminder of a very simple and basic rule

+5
Lone Wolf
Raggamuffin
nicko
Original Quill
eddie
9 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

A reminder of a very simple and basic rule Empty A reminder of a very simple and basic rule

Post by eddie Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:08 pm

It's a really simple one folks, but somehow it has been forgotten.

Your thread titles should be the grit of what your thread is about or the title from which your story is based.
Or the title the particular article has used.

If you see a thread title that is misleading please contact a mod and we will amend if needs be.
Don't take it upon yourself to go all silly and make a tit for tat thread because well, two wrongs don't make a right - remember that basic "law" we learned when we were little?

Yes I know, shouldnt have to be said. but it does happen.

There we go. All sorted.

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

A reminder of a very simple and basic rule Empty Re: A reminder of a very simple and basic rule

Post by Guest Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:15 pm

thank you mommy.....

Back to top Go down

A reminder of a very simple and basic rule Empty Re: A reminder of a very simple and basic rule

Post by eddie Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:21 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:thank you mommy.....

Well some of you behave like silly little children.
I am astounded. I really am.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:25 pm

eddie wrote:

they will grow up one day, well some might, well probably one of them..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:10 pm

eddie wrote:

It's the stupid comments that cause the problem eddie , and the deliberate threads .

Do you think it will ever change because i do not . The thread about the rep points for example why make a thread about them and mention me and my husband again making sure everyone sees our names on his thread . That's pathetic and was the behaviour of a little child .

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:27 pm

eddie wrote:Your thread titles should be the grit of what your thread is about or the title from which your story is based.

Subject to eddie's interpretation, and subsequent censorship should she not like it.

Here's an auxiliary to said rule: Authoritarians, officious intermeddlers and idiots should not be permitted admin privileges on the board.

1. If they are authoritarians, they will use the privilege to tout their agenda.

2. If they are officious intermeddlers they will smother posters, either with their bosoms, or a parade of rules.

3. If they're idiots, they don't know what they are doing in the first place. (Would you let the insane run the asylum?)

Have you resigned yet, eds? It's the right thing to do.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:31 pm

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:Your thread titles should be the grit of what your thread is about or the title from which your story is based.

Subject to eddie's interpretation, and subsequent censorship should she not like it.

Here's an auxiliary to said rule: Authoritarians, officious intermeddlers and idiots should not be permitted admin privileges on the board.  

1.  If they are authoritarians, they will use the privilege to tout their agenda.  

2.  If they are officious intermeddlers they will smother posters, either with their bosoms, or a parade of rules.  

3.  If they're idiots, they don't know what they are doing in the first place.   (Would you let the insane run the asylum?)

Have you resigned yet, eds?  It's the right thing to do.

if you don't like the forum or the admin quilt just leave, though you will be misse................. who am I kidding.... no one would even notice you had gone....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:35 pm

eddie doesn't need to resign she did her job and changed the thread title stop trying bully her quill

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:37 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:eddie doesn't need to resign she did her job and changed the thread title stop trying bully her quill

why would they want someone on admin who doesn't agree with everything they say... Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:41 pm

Hi Quill

Eddie is a very fair moderator.
Only Ben decides who should be admin.
Yes sometimes decisions go against us and they also have their views as posters of others, which is why they generally leave decisions about said posters to other Admin members.
There is no case for Eddie to resign, as she does a very good job

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:50 pm

Belatucadros wrote:Hi Quill

Eddie is a very fair moderator.
Only Ben decides who should be admin.
Yes sometimes decisions go against us and they also have their views as posters of others, which is why they generally leave decisions about said posters to other Admin members.
There is no case for Eddie to resign, as she does a very good job

very well said have a rep point...

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:54 pm

WHY should Eddie resign? because she said something you didn't like? pathetic Quill. Eddie is great.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:15 pm

nicko wrote:WHY should Eddie resign?     because she said something you didn't like? pathetic Quill.   Eddie is great.

We all use our voices for a variety of purposes, some good, some bad. Consequently we make up a body of rules, which become the 'constitution' of an organization, or indeed a website. Occasionally, we have to address that constitution. We use our voices for that, too.

A peculiar problem with a self-governing organization is where one person takes it upon herself to assume extraordinary, and unwarranted powers. Dishonesty enters the picture when that someone with extraordinary power uses that power for twisting the truth. Such is the case when a moderator used the board switches at her fingertips to alter the post of another. From that point forward, you can no longer trust that mod, nor indeed the board at her disposal.

I feel eddie should resign for the integrity of the board, not because she said something, but because she actually did something contrary to ethical conduct. She is no longer a moderator, but has become a player at the board controls. The more we permit that, the more corruption sets in.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:28 pm

Oh stop crying Quill, you sound like a spoilt 3 YO having a tantrum cos he's been made to eat his greens Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:35 pm

This is just a small forum, not a crown court.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:05 pm

darknessss wrote:Oh stop crying Quill, you sound like a spoilt 3 YO having a tantrum cos he's been made to eat his greens Rolling Eyes

So you say, vic. I think you would have to admit, you are not the greatest at attending to rules.

Me? This is my business. Take me on for my reasons, not merely because you don't like where they lead.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:11 pm

nicko wrote:This is just a small forum,   not a crown court.

Do you think that makes a difference?  One rule for small, another rule for large?  The small forum can afford to lack character?

Somehow, that doesn't sound right.  Who knows how big we are; we might have a huge following, with someone following your arguments, nicko?  Or anyone else's, for that matter.  When someone tampers with the text of a thread or post, it matters regardless of our size.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:18 pm

Original Quill wrote:
darknessss wrote:Oh stop crying Quill, you sound like a spoilt 3 YO having a tantrum cos he's been made to eat his greens Rolling Eyes

So you say, vic.  I think you would have to admit, you are not the greatest at attending to rules.

and the relevance of that???....Oh I'd agree with you alright....and I'd not whine and whinge if pulled up for it either, save to perhaps claim fair retribution....

Me?  This is my business.  Take me on for my reasons, not merely because you don't like where they lead.

I assume this is about a TITLE change is it not?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:31 pm

it is yes vic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:45 pm

This response from Quill has nothing to do with any thread name change. It has every thing to do with his close friendship to Bee. Which is noble to stick by your friends, of that I will not berate such a noble action. However doing this based off ignoring when Bee is very nasty is then based off a false premise. As it ignores the wrongs instigated by Bee. The reaction of Quill is based off the how others have rightly acted by countering back to poor unfounded accusations made of them. Bee can be a good poster, he just needs to reign in his potty mouth and unfounded accusations which the intent is to be as nasty as possible to some posters. Quill is not looking at the root cause and only arguing against the remedy to the cause. 

Anyway only Ben decides who is admin. There is no case to argue here and it is not respecting he wishes or decisions. If you disagree with that, then the best place is to take this up privately and not on this thread, using this as a spring board to create disruption to the forum.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:51 pm

Original Quill wrote:
nicko wrote:WHY should Eddie resign?     because she said something you didn't like? pathetic Quill.   Eddie is great.

We all use our voices for a variety of purposes, some good, some bad.  Consequently we make up a body of rules, which become the 'constitution' of an organization, or indeed a website.  Occasionally, we have to address that constitution.  We use our voices for that, too.

A peculiar problem with a self-governing organization is where one person takes it upon herself to assume extraordinary, and unwarranted powers.  Dishonesty enters the picture when that someone with extraordinary power uses that power for twisting the truth.  Such is the case when a moderator used the board switches at her fingertips to alter the post of another.  From that point forward, you can no longer trust that mod, nor indeed the board at her disposal.

I feel eddie should resign for the integrity of the board, not because she said something, but because she actually did something contrary to ethical conduct.  She is no longer a moderator, but has become a player at the board controls.  The more we permit that, the more corruption sets in.

Would you prefer I took myself to the local police station, where I could really get the punishment I deserve? Razz

Let it go Quill; you're behaving childishly. I corrected your title - abiding by the forum's rules - and now you're having a spoilt tantrum as you hate being wrong.

I amended BigAndy's too, and others'! They didn't whinge half as much!

Now if you see anyone breaking this rule, as I can see and appreciate how passionately you feel about it, then please feel free to PM me the link, along with your complaint, and I'll gladly take a look.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:18 pm

The problem with the Walmart thread is that it wasn't very clear what Quill was trying to do. If he wanted to contrast the stereotyping of different cultural groups, he could have done it a different way.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:52 pm

The problem with the Walmart thread is, I had no idea that the Original Poster was trying to score points, make a point or sharpen a point or none of the above.
It was a misleading title and I amended it after it was brought to my attention.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:55 pm

eddie wrote:The problem with the Walmart thread is, I had no idea that the Original Poster was trying to score points, make a point or sharpen a point or none of the above.
It was a misleading title and I amended it after it was brought to my attention.

Neither did I at first. It seemed like a daft thread about a daft fight, so I was a bit confused by the title.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by eddie Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:20 am

Hmmmm. How odd you think we consider ourselves a "notch above everyone else"

Very telling, that statement.

Oh and no one believes you anymore; we've all seen who starts the abuse here.

Grow up.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:25 am

Silly little colonial reject!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:09 am

here piggy piggy.....

back in your sty...........

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:16 am

Lone Wolf wrote:
Belatucadros wrote:
This response from Quill has nothing to do with any thread name change. It has every thing to do with his close friendship to Bee. Which is noble to stick by your friends, of that I will not berate such a noble action. However doing this based off ignoring when Bee is very nasty is then based off a false premise. As it ignores the wrongs instigated by Bee....

Rolling Eyes

NICK off with pushing those disgusting and crawling lies, Didgeri' !!!

WHAT exactly did I "instigate", pray tell ???

Victor, eddie, nicko and tommy M. have all at various times over the past year-and-ahalf launched abusive attacks 'out of the blue' against me ~  and then arrogantly and fallaciously blamed me for supposedly "starting the fight" ~  when each time all I was doing was defending my self !  
AS WITH eddie's unwarranted and unprovoked attacks against me this past week..

AND WHY SHOULDN'T I have the same right to defend my self as anyone else on here ?   Simply because I'm a foreigner defending myself against a motley little bunch of English who consider themselves a notch or three above everyone else..

ANYBODY who doesn't appreciate my more strident and abrasive replies to their abusive nonsense should simply leave me alone in the first place !  "Those who can't stand the heat.."    A reminder of a very simple and basic rule 2113235493

I have plenty of evidence you start things for no reason Bee.
Lets start with this one shall we, where no offense was given to you.

THE nickos and Victors of this world can twist their brains to convince themselves that this slaughter is some form of "conservation" in their pathetic alternative universes, but these outlandish killings can't even be described as "hunting" by any stretch of the imagination.

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t9694-new-game-spot-the-asshole

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:05 pm

Didge wrote:I have plenty of evidence you start things for no reason Bee.
Lets start with this one shall we, where no offense was given to you.

THE nickos and Victors of this world can twist their brains to convince themselves that this slaughter is some form of "conservation" in their pathetic alternative universes, but these outlandish killings can't even be described as "hunting" by any stretch of the imagination.

Excuse me?? Is that what this is all about? You're offended by a conversation--even a disagreement--about conservation? I always thought Brits were tougher than that.

Well, so much for the SAS.

Look, we all know that Brits adopt an air of arrogance and superiority, particularly when dealing with the commonwealth. Fortunately for us, we kicked them out, and then grew phenomenally more powerful than them. So we in the US pat them on their tiny heads and indulge them their foibles. Like a good lap dog, they seem content with that and a few scratches behind the ears. Lol.

I've had the good fortune of hiring a few Canadians in my time...one is a chief counsel of a department of my firm. She formerly worked for the Canadian national government and tells me what it was like to deal with the 'attitude' of Brits. 'Arrogant and ignorant' doesn't begin to describe the British attitude toward the colonials.

So y'all like to jump one, or any one of them who talks back. What do you prove? That you are a tough guy on the Internet? A reminder of a very simple and basic rule 1132368643 That you're big in numbers? Bee is tougher than any one of you pansies, and we've proved that in much tougher games.

So you got your lil pansy asses spanked by a colonial. Deal with it. You sure as hell don't hesitate bringing it back.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:59 pm

yeah right Quill....you carry on beleiving that, whilst your "heap" subsides into the morass ......

bee's comment wasnt "conversation" in any recognisable form.....

the man is a first rate idiot

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:07 pm

He got to you, didn't he?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:15 pm

if tghats his intention then why bother

makes him NO different to HF

and....

I have yet to see a post from him that actually adds anything to a thread

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:33 pm

I've seen plenty of things from Bee.  He is a university educated man, quite skilled in agriculture sciences and meteorology, among other things.  Science is not always everyone's favorite subject, so you might have forgotten his posts in those areas.

Look...Bee is what he is.  The things you respond to are superficial.  Too bad, that.  For you to be concerned makes you a bit superficial, too.

I just take the way he says things as...like the ornate floral pattern carved in the frame of the picture.  Me, I pay attention to the picture itself.  

Just imagine you are sitting in a pub sharing a beer with a gruff old guy, who despite his gruffness is fun to be around.  Stop fighting a good time.  Give a little jesting back at 'im, and a slap on the back with a big laugh.

Make friends, chrissake.  You've been in a pub.   It's an art form there.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:39 pm

Original Quill wrote:I've seen plenty of things from Bee.  He is a university educated man, quite skilled in agriculture sciences and meteorology, among other things.  Science is not always everyone's favorite subject, so you might have forgotten his posts in those areas.

oh I havnt...but not one has been THAT  good, his science is "average"

Look...Bee is what he is.  The things you respond to are superficial.  Too bad, that.  For you to be concerned makes you a bit superficial, too.

and you defending his idiocy makes you what?..........

I just take the way he says things as...like the floral pattern in the frame of the picture.  Me, I pay attention to the picture itself.  Just imagine you are sitting in a pub sharing a beer with a gruff old guy, who despite his gruffness is fun to be around.

except he isnt the gruff old guy...he's an obnoxious prat...

Stop fighting a good time.  Give a little jesting back at 'im, and a slap on the back with a big laugh.

Make friends, chrissake.  You've been in a pub. yes ...and if anyone talked to me like that in a pub, they would be looking for a good proctologist to get their head outta their ass......  It's an art form there.

and ignorance is never an art form

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:52 pm

Victor wrote:and you defending his idiocy makes you what?..........

I don't defend it, I ignore it.  It's window dressing, fer chrissake.

Victor wrote:except he isnt the gruff old guy...he's an obnoxious prat...

Meh...you say tomato, I say tomahto...

Victor wrote:yes ...and if anyone talked to me like that in a pub, they would be looking for a good proctologist to get their head outta their ass......

So what does that make you...one of those gnarly-looking guys at the end of the bar looking for a fight?  You know you will wake up, sleeping on a green cement floor, in the county lock-up, having pissed in your new flannel trousers.

Or you could be the bigger man.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:28 pm

or..........
you could stop defending the indefensible

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:29 pm

does he pay you to write this shit?

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:48 pm

No, I think he's manipulating, through me, to turn you into a bitter old man. A reminder of a very simple and basic rule 3408175593

You've got better things to do with your time.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:53 pm

hmmm...well I think you are barking but still.....

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:03 pm

Anyhoo, vic I think you're great apart from all the meat-eating.
You know it's rotting your brain don't you? Razz
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:05 pm

yeah but....liike booze...what happens is that it kills all the weakest cells off first and only the best and fittest survive

so like, now I'm a genius Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:09 pm

Ah I see. Hmmmm. I think that's a big fat porkie!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:10 pm

Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:14 pm

Why does flea keeper keep accusing me of attacking him when it is always him who pops up to launch unprovoked attacks on me?

Everyone who reads this forum would have seen this clearly for themselves over time.

In fact, everyone would have seen that I only ever voice opinions on topics raised, backed up by evidence if required, and never launch attacks on anyone!?

Flea keeper has also accused me of lying about my military service history... when in fact I have never ever mentioned any of my previous military service history on here (or anywhere else for that matter)... main reason being that I don't actually have any military service history to talk about!!!

lol!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:16 am

I think that Quill got out of the thread what he intended to get all along but nevertheless the decision made by eddie was one that was agreed by all the mods regarding misleading and ill-informed thread titles at the time.
She was only doing what was expected and agreed upon without favour to anyone.

Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:47 am

Tommy Monk wrote:Why does flea keeper keep accusing me of attacking him when it is always him who pops up to launch unprovoked attacks on me?

Everyone who reads this forum would have seen this clearly for themselves over time.

In fact, everyone would have seen that I only ever voice opinions on topics raised, backed up by evidence if required, and never launch attacks on anyone!?

Flea keeper has also accused me of lying about my military service history... when in fact I have never ever mentioned any of my previous military service history on here (or anywhere else for that matter)... main reason being that I don't actually have any military service history to talk about!!!

lol!

Shall I call you Sergeant? lol!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:47 am

Irn Bru wrote:I think that Quill got out of the thread what he intended to get all along but nevertheless the decision made by eddie was one that was agreed by all the mods regarding misleading and ill-informed thread titles at the time.

Thank you Irn and much appreciated.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:54 am

eddie wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:I think that Quill got out of the thread what he intended to get all along but nevertheless the decision made by eddie was one that was agreed by all the mods regarding misleading and ill-informed thread titles at the time.

Thank you Irn and much appreciated.

No problem eddie. Anyway I gotta go. Work to do and taxes to pay you know .

Catch you later.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next